Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 76, Ole Miss 94

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    Glad I turned that ____tt off. Damn.
    Date night with the Mrs. What happened second half?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Date night with the Mrs. What happened second half?
    Story of my life

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    That Tech is ridiculous. Ole miss was taunting way more than that
    Thank you! Someone who knows how to spell ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    A win against that team was not a long shot. In fact, based on the way they played for 60% of that game, we should have won.
    Make it simple. Old Miss at got crap. This team was beatable and we didn't get it done. The ref's didn't lose the game for us. Poor shooting did us in.

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    Story of my life
    Now THAT's funny.

If this team can clean up the lapses of sloppiness, they can be very good.

Just saw Georgia Southern won at Wake Forest last night, between them and UTA, the top of the Sunbelt will be stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Just saw Georgia Southern won at Wake Forest last night, between them and UTA, the top of the Sunbelt will be stacked.
    Georgia State also blew out Georgia State recently in a hurricane relief exhibition game. As far as the Cajuns go, inability to finish near the basket consistently has been a problem here for a decade and continued to be last night. Also, a problem from last year was a factor in the second half and that was stopping dribble penetration. Much of that came when the dribbler had help from a pick and the Cajuns seemed to struggle figuring out if a switch was supposed to occur or not. In addition to that, the defense did not force the dribbler to the left nearly often enough. Communication or lack thereof may have been a factor. Poor shooting is one thing which every team goes through for a stretch. You have to be solid on defense in order to stay in the game when that occurs and the Cajuns did not play nearly at the level needed to win a road game against quality competition. Officiating had little to do with those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Georgia State also blew out Georgia State recently in a hurricane relief exhibition game. As far as the Cajuns go, inability to finish near the basket consistently has been a problem here for a decade and continued to be last night. Also, a problem from last year was a factor in the second half and that was stopping dribble penetration. Much of that came when the dribbler had help from a pick and the Cajuns seemed to struggle figuring out if a switch was supposed to occur or not. In addition to that, the defense did not force the dribbler to the left nearly often enough. Communication or lack thereof may have been a factor. Poor shooting is one thing which every team goes through for a stretch. You have to be solid on defense in order to stay in the game when that occurs and the Cajuns did not play nearly at the level needed to win a road game against quality competition. Officiating had little to do with those problems.
    Wait what mike?
    Georgia state blew out georgia state?

10. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Wait what mike?
    Hurricane relief.

Sometimes the wind blows back on itself.

Wait what mike?
    Sorry for typo. I was told Georgia State blew out Georgia Tech a few days ago. That would make two SBC wins over ACC teams.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I hate to be the negative Nellie around here but I think our past history against these types of teams tells a story. I could see this game being very competitive for 35-36 minutes, possibly with us even holding the lead for a while but Ole Miss going on some 12-0 run or something like that to end the game and win in double digits. As a matter of fact, I think our previous game there went like that.
    Ding Ding Ding!

We play tentative and play “matchup” instead of imposing our will and pace on these bigger schools. .Just barely enough to keep it close. All it takes is a 3 minute lapse and that’s the difference. We had several chances in the first half to go in spurts and build a lead. It’s like he tries to play the Floyd Mayweather strategy. But we do have the talent to shove it down some people’s throats this year.

13. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana at Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I could see this game being very competitive for 35-36 minutes, possibly with us even holding the lead for a while but Ole Miss going on some 12-0 run or something like that to end the game and win in double digits. As a matter of fact, I think our previous game there went like that.
    Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Sorry for typo. I was told Georgia State blew out Georgia Tech a few days ago. That would make two SBC wins over ACC teams.
    Thanks Mike. I agree, this conference will be really good in basketball this year

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Ding Ding Ding!

We play tentative and play "matchup" instead of imposing our will and pace on these bigger schools. .Just barely enough to keep it close. All it takes is a 3 minute lapse and that's the difference. We had several chances in the first half to go in spurts and build a lead. It's like he tries to play the Floyd Mayweather strategy. But we do have the talent to shove it down some people's throats this year.
    I thought this was a basketball thread.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information