Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2017 FB: Louisiana 19, South Alabama 14

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    USA beats Troy....Troy beats LSU......it's not that bad...ask Arkansas.....just wish we had gone for 2 against the Monroes!!!....2 more wins and we are walking to New Awlins!!!
    How were you a coach again?

Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs South Alabama

This is weird. UL beat South Alabama that beat Troy that beat LSU-BR.

It has nothing to do with anything, but it's still crazy. I don't get college football this year.

Tech loses to North Texas 24-23...man those guys like 1 point games.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Ole Miss has losing record (4-5). Odds in our favor.
    Thus the ripeness😊

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Yall can say what y'all want.
    This, again, is bad football. All around.
    Bad opponent, but environment, bad broadcast, boring competition.

I hate this conference and I'm tired of spinning our wheels.
    serious question for you, and I know lots of others have made same type of comments about this conference. where do you expect us to move to? 100% of us would love to be in the AAC, but lets just say there are no spots, the MWC is better but not a geographic option for us. the MAC would be just as boring to our fans, that leaves CUSA, and they are having their own meltdown conference conversation of bad to no broadcast, and bad competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    It's just an excuse for Hud to say that the Sun Belt is a hard conference...
    That sounds familiar!!!!!!!!!! hilarious.....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Tech loses to North Texas 24-23...man those guys like 1 point games.
    Uhoh, where were the thread police, lol

Sorry if i missed it. But more curious for general strategy knowledge than for complaining. But was going for it on fourth down near the end the right play?
    I get having them pinned downed deep if you dont get it, and not risking a blocked fg, but seems like the points would have been big in that position

Say what you want about the game, the quality of play or whatever-waking up after a W is far better than after a loss. It's science.

10. Default Re: Game Thread: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    serious question for you, and I know lots of others have made same type of comments about this conference. where do you expect us to move to? 100% of us would love to be in the AAC, but lets just say there are no spots, the MWC is better but not a geographic option for us. the MAC would be just as boring to our fans, that leaves CUSA, and they are having their own meltdown conference conversation of bad to no broadcast, and bad competition.
    Moving conferences has nothing to do with my comment. I'm not even considering that right now. I'm just commenting on the game and level of play. It's bad. Yes, and win is great. But strictly from a fan enjoyment perspective, my eyes are bleeding every week watching this brand of football. Both us and our opponents. It's just not interesting or fun to watch.

And before you guys start with your "well don't watch" crap, I have to watch. I will always watch. I'm afflicted with the VAW disease.

Moving conferences has nothing to do with my comment. I'm not even considering that right now. I'm just commenting on the game and level of play. It's bad. Yes, and win is great. But strictly from a fan enjoyment perspective, my eyes are bleeding every week watching this brand of football. Both us and our opponents. It's just not interesting or fun to watch.

And before you guys start with your "well don't watch" crap, I have to watch. I will always watch. I'm afflicted with the VAW disease.
    MAT, to make it simple, I agree with everything you say here. And I would think 99+% think the same way. But hey we are a glutton for punishment.....

Understand that. Our team really NEEDs a new exciting brand of football to be played. one not scared, always safe, and predictable. I wouldn't mind getting a negative reputation for running up the score on opponents.

Agree with people saying our brand of football is boring. On offense you can tell the staff does not trust the players to make plays. Because our QB and OL are inconsistent we just play not to make mistakes. It is sometimes tough to watch.

On the bright side, Levi made some moves i have never ever sen since Brian Mitchell. Levi will need to bulk up from his 185 to endure a whole season. He made a few good throws on the run and I like the fact he knows we have tight ends. He performed well for first game starting but he has to over come a bad offensive line and a trigger happy head coach who will pull him should he get in a rough stretch. I'm just praying the young man doesn't get seriously hurt because he plays bigger than his 185 pound frame.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Agree with people saying our brand of football is boring. On offense you can tell the staff does not trust the players to make plays. Because our QB and OL are inconsistent we just play not to make mistakes. It is sometimes tough to watch.
    It is tough to watch. Even when Hud has his system in full gear, he isn't running a "I'm going to roll over you" style of play. But when he's got a kink in personnel here or there, Hud wants to pull everyone back in the fort and just hang on. You can expect the rest of this year, without a doubt, to be "keep it simple and just don't make a mistake".

Hud blew his chances of making UL into a beast when he had the 9-4 records in his hip pocket. Our best chance of cutting deep into legitimate recruits was to be a dynamic wide open style (capable of upsetting "payday" opponents).

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information