Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Southern Fires Head Coach!

Default Summers Gone!

It has been reported that Coach Summers has been fired by Georgia Southern.

Default Re: Summers Gone!

The wrong sunbelt coach got the exe first Kudos to Ga Southern for taking control of a bad situation to win back fan support. Summers should have been second.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The wrong sunbelt coach got the exe first Kudos to Ga Southern for taking control of a bad situation to win back fan support. Summers should have been second.
    One is a 500k buyout then other is a 2.5 mill just a tad bit different

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Lesson learned i guess.

One of the many reasons Scott Farmer no longer works for UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    One of the many reasons Scott Farmer no longer works for UL.
    Coach under NCAA investigation why don't we just give a 4-year contract see how it plays out Farmer ____ that 6 years !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    It has been reported that Coach Summers has been fired by Georgia Southern.
    Butch Jones also fired from Tennessee

So now they'll beat us.

GA Southern's football program is clearly in a free fall compared to just a few years ago. Summers had to go. Like Ga. southern, UL's football program is clearly in a free fall compared to just a few years ago. Yet Hudspeth is still head coach here. I appreciate his early impact and success, believed he was capable of posting a winning season this year. If our AD and University President are committed to winning championships then show a sense of urgency, act now on making a change before more damage is done. In other words it's time to cut our losses.

“Summer is Gone” had a completely different meaning to my family this weekend.

Moved to Anchorage in June and already missing the Heat of South Louisiana. My little girl enjoyed playing in the snow for the first time on Saturday.

Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Default Re: Summers Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post

Moved to Anchorage in June and already missing the Heat of South Louisiana. My little girl enjoyed playing in the snow for the first time on Saturday.
    Great pic, almost looks colorized.

Great White North . and beyond.

Enjoy your first true winter. Hopefully it doesn't get too cold.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The value owed doesn't change the decision needed to terminate now. The 'royally sucks' factor to terminate immediately is higher but decision to do what is best for program should not factor into decision at all.

Money for buyout exist. T-Joe-L needs to up the % of tuition used for athletics the same as LaTech. No other fiscal move required to create funding needed to fire immediately. The dollars for buyout exist, just need the intestinal fortitude to match the Techsters & make it an immediate priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    The value owed doesn't change the decision needed to terminate now. The 'royally sucks' factor to terminate immediately is higher but decision to do what is best for program should not factor into decision at all.

Money for buyout exist. T-Joe-L needs to up the % of tuition used for athletics the same as LaTech. No other fiscal move required to create funding needed to fire immediately. The dollars for buyout exist, just need the intestinal fortitude to match the Techsters & make it an immediate priority.
    I would love to have a student fee but I have a better chance of playing in the World Series Tuesday than this passing with the tution hike as of late

Pink is not a school color.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information