Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2017: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Fans suck. If I were UL I wouldn't even let them into the games.

BTW. I'm talking to one of my friends in Lafayette this past week. He hates this forum and wouldn't be caught dead posting on it. But he's a big UL fan. I can't even try and get as negative as him. He's so disgusted. If he ever posted on here, you'd find out how severe a fan can get. He's a successful local businessman that is a big UL fan (for decades). But you do not want to get in front of him talking "don't be negative" BS. I'm pretty sure he isn't alone.
    Tell him I’ll pay him to post his thoughts We need more people actively putting pressure on this admin

Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Amen
    I am known as being somewhat of a logical guy who tries to figure out what happened vs being overly emotional. It is the engineer in me. That being said, I will be very "disappointed" if the redshirt is pulled. You guys can feel free to substitute a more passionate word than disappointed in the previous sentence and I will likely agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I'm not for pulling the red shirt but I am also tired of people threatening the program with their support. So pull it have you seen the stadium lately at games what's a few hundred more ungrateful, band wagon fans going to hurt. Dr. M is going to do what ever he wants at the end of the year and Ill support his decision. I'd love to get Lewis some experience if he is indeed the next best thing at UL but our two other QB's have played well enough before injuries. We are not going to win the NC and if HUD plays Lewis and we go 6-6 then the haters are going to complain that they are not going to the bowl game if offered. This board is getting so NEGATIVE!
    There was no threat. I was just stating a fact. Pulling his redshirt when he has three (3) QB's on the roster, all of which have shown flashes THIS season, is an act of desperation.

I guess jake Arceneaux isn't very good?

People in Acadiana, even Lafayettr, just aren't big on UL. I'm not even from here and I'm a passionate student for this university but everywhere I look people either aren't fans, don't know, or it's just another thing to do. It's a cultural thing

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    People in Acadiana, even Lafayettr, just aren't big on UL. I'm not even from here and I'm a passionate student for this university but everywhere I look people either aren't fans, don't know, or it's just another thing to do. It's a cultural thing
    It’s an administrative culture of seldom delivering results and I’ve seen it happen for 45 years. The honeymoon period for the president and now the new AD is over.

7. Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

You can thank the Advertiser.

In the first decade of the 1900's they covered UL, and the school grew like crazy.

In the 19-teens they added coverage of Ivy League schools.

Somewhere in the 1920's and especially after the SEC was formed, they started giving LSU first fiddle.

It's been over a century since the Advertiser gave its main readership the attention they deserve.

They are not the driver of interest they once were but a century of sowing seed in Baton Rouge has had its lasting effects.

Hud just said on 1420 he will not be playing Lewis this year

9. Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Hud just said on 1420 he will not be playing Lewis this year
    Media generated topic.

Unecessary

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    There was no threat. I was just stating a fact. Pulling his redshirt when he has three (3) QB's on the roster, all of which have shown flashes THIS season, is an act of desperation.
    Ray has not shown flashes this season, certainly not in the passing game. Hoggins has completed more passes this season than Ray. He is not capable of leading this offense game to game. While I don't want to do it, if Nunez and JD are that injured it may be his only option. If either of them can start and play next game there should be no reason to involve Lewis at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    It’s an administrative culture of seldom delivering results and I’ve seen it happen for 45 years. The honeymoon period for the president and now the new AD is over.
    A factor in choosing to come to UL (in 2013) was bc we had seemed to turn the corner in athletics and be all in. It was truly exciting. Right now we are a big dud

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You can thank the Advertiser.

In the first decade of the 1900's they covered UL, and the school grew like crazy.

In the 19-teens they added coverage of Ivy League schools.

Somewhere in the 1920's and especially after the SEC was formed, they started giving LSU first fiddle.

It's been over a century since the Advertiser gave its main readership the attention they deserve.

They are not the driver of interest they once were but a century of sowing seed in Baton Rouge has had its lasting effects.
    Interesting take. Any way to reverse it besides winning of course? That's the million dollar question

Interesting take. Any way to reverse it besides winning of course? That's the million dollar question
    Winning would solve 95% of all issues!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Ray has not shown flashes this season, certainly not in the passing game. Hoggins has completed more passes this season than Ray. He is not capable of leading this offense game to game. While I don't want to do it, if Nunez and JD are that injured it may be his only option. If either of them can start and play next game there should be no reason to involve Lewis at this point.
    Why doesn’t Hud give Arceneaux a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I believe Ray refuses to play anything but QB
    .and that scholarship needs to be given to someone else.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information