Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2017: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

1. Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We are way beyond debating Dion Ray. This is all about Levi Lewis and his redshirt. Dion could not commandeer this team to a win this season. I'm not sure what Levi can do. He wasn't slated all year to be anything other than a redshirt. Now he's supposed to come in and start midseason? Knowing Hud. he'll do it. He's so intoxicated when he sees QBs running like deer. he can't contain himself. He immediately says to himself "I don't have to coach anything. this young athlete will run for me. until he can't anymore. and I'll just keep cashin big checks. Swarm defense! Swarm! I got us a new running QB! We got this! New Orleans. here I come!"
    UL Quarterbacks who haven't been "coached up" have a history of coming off the bench and playing above the fray.

Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I thought Dion Rey was our 3rd QB!!!!! If HUD won't consider starting Rey now that he is in a bind, that tells me all I need to know. HUD is keeping a player at the QB position that can't throw and telling everyone he is the 3rd QB, but can't play him when he needs him in a normal situation that doesn't involve the Wildcat!!!!

If they take the Red Shirt off of Lewis, that is being nothing but selfish on HUD's part.
    Rooster dancer, huds job is to win games if he thinks at this point Levi Lewis gives him his best chance to win then put him in. It is not his job to save red shirts or to avoid hurting feelings. It's his job to win. So if Levi is our best QB from here on out and hud keeps the shirt on him, I guess all these folks calling for his head will give him a pass right? You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    How did that work out against Texas St when we got stopped on two consecutive plays on 3rd & 4th down with only 1 yard to go! If that’s his role and he can’t get 1 yard on two tries, it’s time to find a new role!!! If HUD thinks Rey running the wildcat is that important to his offense, he needs to be successful 100% of the time.
    Agree 100%. The o is way too predictable with Ray that's why I say they need to expand the play book with him in. Good concept being utilized horribly.

4. Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Agree 100%. The o is way too predictable with Ray that's why I say they need to expand the play book with him in. Good concept being utilized horribly.
    As is, the concept is one dimensional and 100% predictable making it a bad concept.

Rooster dancer, huds job is to win games if he thinks at this point Levi Lewis gives him his best chance to win then put him in. It is not his job to save red shirts or to avoid hurting feelings. It's his job to win. So if Levi is our best QB from here on out and hud keeps the shirt on him, I guess all these folks calling for his head will give him a pass right? You can't have it both ways.
    Sure we can! LOL!!!

6. Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

He was late with a touchdown potential pass against stAte. He’s had several opportunities on those special plays. I think he’s made one in two years. Passing isn’t his thing. Maybe we need to run the triple option the rest of the season if Nunez and Davis are banged up

If Hud pulls this redshirt, he should be sued for malpractice. The QB is not the problem. Hud has ruined enough quarterbacks.

Not no, but hell no!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    If Hud pulls this redshirt, he should be sued for malpractice. The QB is not the problem. Hud has ruined enough quarterbacks.

No no, but hell no!
    I think he's going to do it. He's going to put him through some serious scrutiny at practice, and see if Levi is partially ready. Hud doesn't have anything to lose. He not only needs a QB. he needs one with wheels. Levi has wheels. and he's got a good arm. If he shows well in practice. I predict Hud pulls his redshirt. People think it's wasting a year (half year) for Levi. But in reality, if he plays this year, he comes into next competing as the starter. It would be a lot harder for him to start next year without this year's experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I think he's going to do it. He's going to put him through some serious scrutiny at practice, and see if Levi is partially ready. Hud doesn't have anything to lose. He not only needs a QB. he needs one with wheels. Levi has wheels. and he's got a good arm. If he shows well in practice. I predict Hud pulls his redshirt. People think it's wasting a year (half year) for Levi. But in reality, if he plays this year, he comes into next competing as the starter. It would be a lot harder for him to start next year without this year's experience.
    Well, he'll still get a redshirt, but it'll be a medical redshirt playing behind this line and running 60% of the time.

He'll lose more support if he does this. They have 16 days between games to get people healthy, including adhering to concussion protocol if that's the case for Nunez. Better not pull the Health card to pull the RS. He and Rodrigue need to spend time figuring out blocking schemes, finding the best 5 OL, not the best looking OL. Find some football players!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    He'll lose more support if he does this. They have 16 days between games to get people healthy, including adhering to concussion protocol if that's the case for Nunez. Better not pull the Health card to pull the RS. He and Rodrigue need to spend time figuring out blocking schemes, finding the best 5 OL, not the best looking OL. Find some football players!
    Amen

The Truth!!

13. Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Rick just dunked on em

I'm not for pulling the red shirt but I am also tired of people threatening the program with their support. So pull it have you seen the stadium lately at games what's a few hundred more ungrateful, band wagon fans going to hurt. Dr. M is going to do what ever he wants at the end of the year and Ill support his decision. I'd love to get Lewis some experience if he is indeed the next best thing at UL but our two other QB's have played well enough before injuries. We are not going to win the NC and if HUD plays Lewis and we go 6-6 then the haters are going to complain that they are not going to the bowl game if offered. This board is getting so NEGATIVE!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I'm not for pulling the red shirt but I am also tired of people threatening the program with their support. So pull it have you seen the stadium lately at games what's a few hundred more ungrateful, band wagon fans going to hurt. Dr. M is going to do what ever he wants at the end of the year and Ill support his decision. I'd love to get Lewis some experience if he is indeed the next best thing at UL but our two other QB's have played well enough before injuries. We are not going to win the NC and if HUD plays Lewis and we go 6-6 then the haters are going to complain that they are not going to the bowl game if offered. This board is getting so NEGATIVE!
    Fans suck. If I were UL I wouldn't even let them into the games.

BTW. I'm talking to one of my friends in Lafayette this past week. He hates this forum and wouldn't be caught dead posting on it. But he's a big UL fan. I can't even try and get as negative as him. He's so disgusted. If he ever posted on here, you'd find out how severe a fan can get. He's a successful local businessman that is a big UL fan (for decades). But you do not want to get in front of him talking "don't be negative" BS. I'm pretty sure he isn't alone.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information