Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 2017: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Spot on. Better OL play does wonders for a QB.
    Neither starting Offensive Tackle nor the backup RT got it done

Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

There is one positive about our QB play this year. Yes, picks have been thrown, but at the same time, this this year's QBs have thrown the ball away a lot more compared to last season where that was a foreign concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Then he should not play at all. I always thought that a requirement to play QB was the ability to throw a football and be able to complete at least 10% of those passes!
    Exactly, you tell him he’s playing another position to give him more playing time to help the team. If he quits, that’s on him imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Then he should not play at all. I always thought that a requirement to play QB was the ability to throw a football and be able to complete at least 10% of those passes!
    Hud has stated Ray is a wildcat QB. That's his role on the team. There is nothing wrong with knowing your role on the team and playing it. Having said that I'd like to see them add more to the play book with option plays when Ray is in.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I think Hud will pull Levi's redshirt. That's my gut feeling. It isn't just that we have our 1 and 2 ding'd up. I think Hud is desperate to see if it can spark something for this team. Even though our OL is heavily responsible for Nunez and JD's limitations. Levi is a more elusive running style QB. That element often compensates for OL issues. Hud knows that. plus. when you cannot coach. an athletic QB can mask up to 60% of your inadequacies. When the head coach indicts the QB play. as if it's disconnected from everything else in the program. you have to realize he's a simpleton. And I predict the simpleton will choose to pull Levi's redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Hud has stated Ray is a wildcat QB. That's his role on the team. There is nothing wrong with knowing your role on the team and playing it. Having said that I'd like to see them add more to the play book with option plays when Ray is in.
    How did that work out against Texas St when we got stopped on two consecutive plays on 3rd & 4th down with only 1 yard to go! If that’s his role and he can’t get 1 yard on two tries, it’s time to find a new role!!! If HUD thinks Rey running the wildcat is that important to his offense, he needs to be successful 100% of the time.

I seem to remember a former UL QB who's redshirt was pulled out of necessity. He was the best we ever had.
    I'm not saying Lewis is anything close to Jake, but if the kid is that good and can help us win then I say let him play!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I seem to remember a former UL QB who's redshirt was pulled out of necessity. He was the best we ever had.
    I'm not saying Lewis is anything close to Jake, but if the kid is that good and can help us win then I say let him play!
    That was in the first game of the 1993 season.

Too late in the season to make this move. Both QB's have looked really good at times this season. It's not like they don't have the ability to play the position. I would pick a starter and select 10-12 plays that fit what we can handle and practice the sh__ out of those plays. Simplify and execute.

10. Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That was in the first game of the 1993 season.
    Had they done it at the start of the game we probably win nine games instead of eight, and go to the Navada Bowl. List opportunity. Of course this season is d ad but Hud's crazy thinking we're three wins from NOLA Bowl.

Absolutely not!

12. Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    I believe Ray refuses to play anything but QB
    Wasted scholarship . if true

13. Default Re: Cajuns quarterback quandary continues

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Pulled first game of the season is a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    We're apparently in a bind at QB with our 1 & 2.If our 3rd QB is a role player who refuses to move to a position that better suites his skills. it's time to cut him. i don't give a damn if he's a 4 star athlete. means nothing if he's riding the pine pony as an out of position athlete

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    We're apparently in a bind at QB with our 1 & 2.If our 3rd QB is a role player who refuses to move to a position that better suites his skills. it's time to cut him. i don't give a damn if he's a 4 star athlete. means nothing if he's riding the pine pony as an out of position athlete
    We are way beyond debating Dion Ray. This is all about Levi Lewis and his redshirt. Dion could not commandeer this team to a win this season. I'm not sure what Levi can do. He wasn't slated all year to be anything other than a redshirt. Now he's supposed to come in and start midseason? Knowing Hud. he'll do it. He's so intoxicated when he sees QBs running like deer. he can't contain himself. He immediately says to himself "I don't have to coach anything. this young athlete will run for me. until he can't anymore. and I'll just keep cashin big checks. Swarm defense! Swarm! I got us a new running QB! We got this! New Orleans. here I come!"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information