Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2017 FB: Louisiana 3, Arkansas State 47

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Egomaniacs do all kinds of stupid things. Hud has never been a dynamic offensive coach. You keep defending him as if he is on one hand very capable of seeing when to make play adjustments. but on the other hand he's saddled himself with a "bad team". Poor guy. We gave him a bad team to play with. No! He built this team. It's all his. And what happened the other night that started this line of discussion. is that he deflected. not just had it start going bad and adjusted. he deflected away from some play calls that were working. He's notorious. as apparently you are. at thinking that a dropped pass or two means that it will happen on the next play or two.

In fact, dropped passes are NOT an indicator of a play switch. Too many things went right to have a ball in the hands of an open receiver to not go back to them. Only idiot coaches think that when a receiver (you know. the guy the coaches picked out of every other candidate to catch the ball) drops a ball. that he just turned into a mindless dud. AGAIN. everything that made that ball available to that dropped pass is huge. And if it worked once. it will work again. Get the damn ball back to that receiver. Hud took his foot off that pedal!

He's done it before. He gives up on damn good plays (and players). And he throws them all under the bus. They're giving up on him. Surprise surprise.
    There is the problem, you keep thinking I’m defending him. Anyone who has a different viewpoint is defending him. I think he should be gone, but I’m not the one calling the shots. What I think should happen and what I think will happen are 2 totally different things. I look at things at what is realistically most likely to happen. If you only care about what you want you are going to live life a miserable person and most often being let down. I don’t give 2 shts about Mark Hudspeth. I don’t have any kind of personal axe to grind about him either.

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Neanderthal Football or Neanderball, has been going on now for a few years at UL under Hud. Some choose to put their heads in the sand when this team beats a lowly SBC team or shows some resemblance of a real team or has a chance to go to the NO bowl, but it's been the same for a while now. It was a monumental mistake extending Hud's contract for that length of time and is killing the football program.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    There is the problem, you keep thinking I’m defending him. Anyone who has a different viewpoint is defending him. I think he should be gone, but I’m not the one calling the shots. What I think should happen and what I think will happen are 2 totally different things. I look at things at what is realistically most likely to happen. If you only care about what you want you are going to live life a miserable person and most often being let down. I don’t give 2 shts about Mark Hudspeth. I don’t have any kind of personal axe to grind about him either.
    Not correct. We are not arguing over who decides his fate. We are arguing over his responsibilities as head coach. You accused posters of blaming him for things you don't agree he did. You are wrong. I know of few that have a personal axe to grind with Hud. It's the totality of his actions as head coach that have brought us to the place we are in right now.

You seem to be incapable of reading pot shots taken at him on here. mostly funny. and separating it from the content that fans really care about.

Not correct. We are not arguing over who decides his fate. We are arguing over his responsibilities as head coach. You accused posters of blaming him for things you don't agree he did. You are wrong. I know of few that have a personal axe to grind with Hud. It's the totality of his actions as head coach that have brought us to the place we are in right now.

You seem to be incapable of reading pot shots taken at him on here. mostly funny. and separating it from the content that fans really care about.
    And I guess I could say the same about others who think I defend him.

There is the problem, you keep thinking I'm defending him. Anyone who has a different viewpoint is defending him. I think he should be gone, but I'm not the one calling the shots. What I think should happen and what I think will happen are 2 totally different things. I look at things at what is realistically most likely to happen. If you only care about what you want you are going to live life a miserable person and most often being let down. I don't give 2 shts about Mark Hudspeth. I don't have any kind of personal axe to grind about him either.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

And I guess I could say the same about others who think I defend him.
    Quit worrying about that. I'm not going to hammer you for anything other than what you actually write.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Billy's reaction showed just how far HUD crossed the line! Talking about how they haven't recruited a QB under HUD. Plus, a lot of time spent talking about we always hear that they have the QB "of the future," but that we hear this EVERY year.WHERE IS HE?? Kevin mused if HUD DOES have the "savior" in waiting, does save him for next year since THIS season is lost, OR does he try to save his job?? I'll be curious to see what Jay's comments will be when he returns
    2 things.

First, Billy knows a real QB when he sees one. He played in the NFL and for a university that absolutely treasures a competent passing QB.

Second, I hope Levi Lewis is ready, because his red shirt is coming off. It was obvious from his comments before the season and last night that Lewis is his favorite. Everybody better get ready for Extreme Hudspeth Offense.if he's still here next game. Sad that he'll lose a year, but playing Lewis is the equivalent of the S show Lotief is bringing on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Wait? Coach Hud tweeted during the game, what did he tweet?
    Maybe I misunderstood based on other threads. It sounds like that was his "comment" pre or post half. Nonetheless, this guy cannot keep throwing his players under the bus. Like I said earlier, it really looked like our guys were going through a walk-through while arky state was on a mission Unacceptable and embarrassing

Quit worrying about that. I'm not going to hammer you for anything other than what you actually write.
    Same here.it’s funny to me that I keep getting called a hud lover and defender after writing several times I think he should be fired.however I’m not writing the 1.5 million dollar check and I’m not the AD so my opinion isn’t going to dictate the man’s future. I also don’t think the man is absolutely terrible at every aspect of his job. Overall he is failing miserably but im not above pointing out things he does right on occasion. Or things that I think aren’t totally in his control. This Lotief situation does not increase the chances of hud being fired either.

With the way we got beat last night, I feel as though stAte should be paying us like we traveled to a P5. That can pay for Huds buyout.

But for real. If we are going to play like that, let’s just go independent and play 12 road games against P5 teams. We can use all that money to pay for softball.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    2 things.

First, Billy knows a real QB when he sees one. He played in the NFL and for a university that absolutely treasures a competent passing QB.

Second, I hope Levi Lewis is ready, because his red shirt is coming off. It was obvious from his comments before the season and last night that Lewis is his favorite. Everybody better get ready for Extreme Hudspeth Offense.if he's still here next game. Sad that he'll lose a year, but playing Lewis is the equivalent of the S show Lotief is bringing on his way out.
    If Hud burns Levi's redshirt year to save his job that would be the biggest travesty of all. What to get him killed behind our Offensive line? Let him be and have him for 4 more years.

Both QBs played really well in their first 2 games. Maybe HUD's methods are causing them to lose confidence.

14. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    But for real. If we are going to play like that, let’s just go independent and play 12 road games against P5 teams. We can use all that money to pay for softball.
    Absolute savagery my friend. I like your style.

15. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Both QBs played really well in their first 2 games. Maybe HUD's methods are causing them to lose confidence.
    I thought about that long and often.

If you get in a players head and cause them to think about their every move, you paralyze them.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information