Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: 2017 FB: Louisiana 3, Arkansas State 47

1. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We are watching different teams? Maybe you're confused by the Leopards logo.

Hudspeth has always gone into a conservative shell with the lead since Jay left. In fact, since the pick by Nixon at Tech, many many times he's sat on the ball with a chance to get points before the half. Plainly obvious.
    Ever since the end of the Florida game.

2. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    That’s not taking your foot off the gas. You would actually need a lead in the game to take your foot off the gas. That’s just bad coaching. Hud thinks he can score running it up the middle, he isn’t feeling sorry for the other team. Just bad play calling.
    I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

I am just logging into this thread could not mentally handle it last night. This post HAS to be the final straw. If Maggard has any plans on being a real AD he has to fire Hud TODAY. What coach in America twitters in the middle of a game and then in the process throws his quarterbacks/team under the bus?

The team was manhandled last night. I watched guys in white going through the motions as if it had been a walk-through practice while the team in black looked like they were on a mission.

As has been repeatedly stated this guy makes double what any other coach in the belt makes. I'm not going through the rest of what this university has to offer. It is embarrassing and down right disrespectful to those of us who have supported tis program for 40 years and more.

Maggard your rep is on the line. You want to be an AD here or elsewhere, it is not about the cocktail parties and taking your friends on the plane for a good time. We have seen that for many years. You want to be an AD you have to make the tough decisions. You are losing your fan base rapidly. The economics of the lost revenue makes the financial decision easy. You don't need to find the buyout money. We the fans are paying it when we decide to renew or not next year. Figure your budget at 10,000 per game and again at 25,000 per game. It's not hard and you don't need a friggin consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    As has been repeatedly stated this guy makes double what any other coach in the belt makes. I'm not going through the rest of what this university has to offer. It is embarrassing and down right disrespectful to those of us who have supported tis program for 40 years and more.

Maggard your rep is on the line. You want to be an AD here or elsewhere, it is not about the cocktail parties and taking your friends on the plane for a good time. We have seen that for many years. You want to be an AD you have to make the tough decisions. You are losing your fan base rapidly. The economics of the lost revenue makes the financial decision easy. You don't need to find the buyout money. We the fans are paying it when we decide to renew or not next year. Figure your budget at 10,000 per game and again at 25,000 per game. It's not hard and you don't need a friggin consultant.
    Totally agree with every word here. At this point, I feel exactly like I did when Jerry Baldwin was the HC. ZERO interest in supporting this program and even less interest in spending my time watching the team play. And even worse, I am at a point of hoping to God that we don't play another game on TV. I have friends around the country that watch games that are nationally televised and we text during the games. I'm sick to death of receiving a never ending string of "man, what happened down there?". And "this team is terrible". And "wow, y'alls coach makes some really boneheaded decisions".

All I can say is, "I know. Its embarrassing. Hopefully he wont be around much longer". Like another thread's title says, the time is NOW (although it was actually a few weeks ago).

PLEASE Dr. Maggard, move on from this era. Hire "your guy" and prove to all of us that you were indeed the right choice as director of athletics here. This ship has sunk.

Wait? Coach Hud tweeted during the game, what did he tweet?

6. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Totally agree with every word here. At this point, I feel exactly like I did when Jerry Baldwin was the HC. ZERO interest in supporting this program and even less interest in spending my time watching the team play. And even worse, I am at a point of hoping to God that we don't play another game on TV. I have friends around the country that watch games that are nationally televised and we text during the games. I'm sick to death of receiving a never ending string of "man, what happened down there?". And "this team is terrible". And "wow, y'alls coach makes some really boneheaded decisions".

All I can say is, "I know. Its embarrassing. Hopefully he wont be around much longer". Like another thread's title says, the time is NOW (although it was actually a few weeks ago).

PLEASE Dr. Maggard, move on from this era. Hire "your guy" and prove to all of us that you were indeed the right choice as director of athletics here. This ship has sunk.

All we have to do is walk into the stadium and look around This IS the Baldwin years.

7. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Wait? Coach Hud tweeted during the game, what did he tweet?
    Yea, I must have missed this as well

He tweeted that he should play QB, cant do any worse

or something close to that

at least that's what I saw in another thread

9. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

That was his comment before the half, tweeted out by 1420.

10. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Someone else tweeted what was purported to be a Hud quote.

I think he was trying to be funny, which is just as bad when you are in the process of getting scalped.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Sorry not buying it, egomaniacs do t take their foot off the gas. Going conservative be ause you think you have Florida beat is not the same as taking your foot off the gas. This is the same guy who threw a TD on ULM up a couple scores. Hud has thrashed TXST everytime he played them and never took his foot off the gas, why now? He didn’t, we aren’t good. stAte looked like the 85 bears last night. Hud is predictable but he never stops trying to score. For your analogy there is a difference between a bad driver and someone who takes their foot off the pedal. You can drive full speed into a wall.
    Egomaniacs do all kinds of stupid things. Hud has never been a dynamic offensive coach. You keep defending him as if he is on one hand very capable of seeing when to make play adjustments. but on the other hand he's saddled himself with a "bad team". Poor guy. We gave him a bad team to play with. No! He built this team. It's all his. And what happened the other night that started this line of discussion. is that he deflected. not just had it start going bad and adjusted. he deflected away from some play calls that were working. He's notorious. as apparently you are. at thinking that a dropped pass or two means that it will happen on the next play or two.

In fact, dropped passes are NOT an indicator of a play switch. Too many things went right to have a ball in the hands of an open receiver to not go back to them. Only idiot coaches think that when a receiver (you know. the guy the coaches picked out of every other candidate to catch the ball) drops a ball. that he just turned into a mindless dud. AGAIN. everything that made that ball available to that dropped pass is huge. And if it worked once. it will work again. Get the damn ball back to that receiver. Hud took his foot off that pedal!

He's done it before. He gives up on damn good plays (and players). And he throws them all under the bus. They're giving up on him. Surprise surprise.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We are watching different teams? Maybe you're confused by the Leopards logo.

Hudspeth has always gone into a conservative shell with the lead since Jay left. In fact, since the pick by Nixon at Tech, many many times he's sat on the ball with a chance to get points before the half. Plainly obvious.
    Very very obvious.

If he’s still employed here on Monday, I’m out on Maggard and the whole Alden experiment.

We’re not serious about changing the culture here. We’re not serious about winning. Just doing what we’ve always done: Toe the line until we destroy the remaining support that we have.

Fire him now, start the search NOW.
    MAT-- listening to Foote and Ryckman on 1420.seems the tide has turned as far as the Flagship doing its "duty" to defend HUD.pretty brutal!! Talking about the team "not showing up whatsoever" last night, and wondering if this season can be salvaged. TOTAL meltdown and lack of effort--defense CAN'T make a tackle, and offense has no clue how to complete a pass, except if receiver is just fast enough to run under a ball just slung downfield! Foote asked Ryckman about HUD's comment at halftime, and Billy's reaction showed just how far HUD crossed the line! Talking about how they haven't recruited a QB under HUD. Plus, a lot of time spent talking about we always hear that they have the QB "of the future," but that we hear this EVERY year.WHERE IS HE?? Kevin mused if HUD DOES have the "savior" in waiting, does save him for next year since THIS season is lost, OR does he try to save his job?? I'll be curious to see what Jay's comments will be when he returns

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    I'll be curious to see what Jay's comments will be when he returns
    H'ell probably spend an hour talking about the Dodgers

15. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    MAT-- listening to Foote and Ryckman on 1420.seems the tide has turned as far as the Flagship doing its "duty" to defend HUD.pretty brutal!! Talking about the team "not showing up whatsoever" last night, and wondering if this season can be salvaged. TOTAL meltdown and lack of effort--defense CAN'T make a tackle, and offense has no clue how to complete a pass, except if receiver is just fast enough to run under a ball just slung downfield! Foote asked Ryckman about HUD's comment at halftime, and Billy's reaction showed just how far HUD crossed the line! Talking about how they haven't recruited a QB under HUD. Plus, a lot of time spent talking about we always hear that they have the QB "of the future," but that we hear this EVERY year.WHERE IS HE?? Kevin mused if HUD DOES have the "savior" in waiting, does save him for next year since THIS season is lost, OR does he try to save his job?? I'll be curious to see what Jay's comments will be when he returns
    I've been berating Kevin Foote daily on his god awful radio show. Would rather whine about Saints and Astros for a week than acknowledge the UL football team. Others have been as well. Hopefully its working.

But the bottom line is, there is nothing left to defend about this HC, this program or this season.

I wouldn't count on Jay being critical of Hudspeth though I've been letdown by the way too many times.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information