Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread: 2017 FB: Louisiana 3, Arkansas State 47

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    We are not good.

And the foot off the gas was about the BIG PICTUREover the years, NOT JUST ONE GAME FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY.for instance at the end of the Florida game. He has seemingly gone conservative at the most inopportune times. Maybe that's not what happened last week, maybe we just suck (seems that way) but that doesn't make it not an ongoing theme with him.
    While I sat at the Texas state game, I didn’t see a team taking the foot off the gas. I saw a backup QB look like a guy who hadn’t gotten as many reps, dropped passes and missed blocks. We aren’t good enough to take our foot off the gas and even hud knows that.

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    While I sat at the Texas state game, I didn't see a team taking the foot off the gas. I saw a backup QB look like a guy who hadn't gotten as many reps, dropped passes and missed blocks. We aren't good enough to take our foot off the gas and even hud knows that.
    After last night I agree that the Texas State game was likely a case of us just sucking for a good long stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Remember the halcyon days 2 days ago when some were debating winning out. Those were fun times.
    You some times get crazy sh-t going through your mind when drunk or on certain drugs! 😂😂😂

Would it not be funny if Hud slipped Mike some serious $$$ to distract us from his dumpster fire program?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

While I sat at the Texas state game, I didn’t see a team taking the foot off the gas. I saw a backup QB look like a guy who hadn’t gotten as many reps, dropped passes and missed blocks. We aren’t good enough to take our foot off the gas and even hud knows that.
    Nope. It might be a go cart gas pedal. but Hud took his foot off the pedal. You can have both a piece of ____ vehicle and a bad driver. You keep trying to pound in our heads that we don't have a good vehicle this year. We get that! We also have a bad driver and pit crew. When the guy leaves the pit driving in reverse. he's a bad driver. It doesn't matter if, once again, the car is too slow. And once again. the driver in this case. built the car! The blame is inseparable.

6. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Nope. It might be a go cart gas pedal. but Hud took his foot off the pedal. You can have both a piece of ____ vehicle and a bad driver. You keep trying to pound in our heads that we don't have a good vehicle this year. We get that! We also have a bad driver and pit crew. When the guy leaves the pit driving in reverse. he's a bad driver. It doesn't matter if, once again, the car is too slow. And once again. the driver in this case. built the car! The blame is inseparable.
    This.

7. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Would it not be funny if Hud slipped Mike some serious $$$ to distract us from his dumpster fire program?
    Mike and Hud ain't cool like that. And I'll leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Hypothetical situation.We buy out Hud.he heads out looking for work.and is hired by Scott Farmer at UTPB.
    I progress it even farther.UTPB goes FBS, comes into the SBC and starts kicking our asses!!!

9. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I progress it even farther.UTPB goes FBS, comes into the SBC and starts kicking our asses!!!
    That's way too close to reality

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Sorry not buying it, egomaniacs do t take their foot off the gas. Going conservative be ause you think you have Florida beat is not the same as taking your foot off the gas. This is the same guy who threw a TD on ULM up a couple scores. Hud has thrashed TXST everytime he played them and never took his foot off the gas, why now? He didn’t, we aren’t good. stAte looked like the 85 bears last night. Hud is predictable but he never stops trying to score. For your analogy there is a difference between a bad driver and someone who takes their foot off the pedal. You can drive full speed into a wall.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Meh. Maybe if you guys could stop us it wouldn't be an issue. I mean, we're not that amazing of a team. Average in most phases, which I guess is still better than anything else this league has come up with over the last 7 seasons now.

Good game fellas. I'm sure you guys will fully remember this one next year and come out ready to go.
    I have no problem with ArkState playing hard, it's the opponents job to stop you. Regardless, Anderson is every bit a douchebag as Hudpseth. But if I'm going to have one has a head coach, I'd prefer one that wins.

12. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Do y'all think the team has revolted against hud, how are players falling down before the play even begins? Also the Announcers were damn near making fun of us. It's ridiculous.
    After the Summer of jail house discontent another player getting arrested and kicked off the team could easily have sent it into a concentration tailspin.

13. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Sorry not buying it, egomaniacs do t take their foot off the gas. Going conservative be ause you think you have Florida beat is not the same as taking your foot off the gas. This is the same guy who threw a TD on ULM up a couple scores. Hud has thrashed TXST everytime he played them and never took his foot off the gas, why now? He didn’t, we aren’t good. stAte looked like the 85 bears last night. Hud is predictable but he never stops trying to score. For your analogy there is a difference between a bad driver and someone who takes their foot off the pedal. You can drive full speed into a wall.
    We are watching different teams? Maybe you're confused by the Leopards logo.

Hudspeth has always gone into a conservative shell with the lead since Jay left. In fact, since the pick by Nixon at Tech, many many times he's sat on the ball with a chance to get points before the half. Plainly obvious.

14. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs A-State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I have no problem with ArkState playing hard, it's the opponents job to stop you. Regardless, Anderson is every bit a douchebag as Hudpseth. But if I'm going to have one has a head coach, I'd prefer one that wins.
    HA!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We are watching different teams? Maybe you're confused by the Leopards logo.

Hudspeth has always gone into a conservative shell with the lead since Jay left. In fact, since the pick by Nixon at Tech, many many times he's sat on the ball with a chance to get points before the half. Plainly obvious.
    That’s not taking your foot off the gas. You would actually need a lead in the game to take your foot off the gas. That’s just bad coaching. Hud thinks he can score running it up the middle, he isn’t feeling sorry for the other team. Just bad play calling.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread Information