Thread: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

1. UL Football Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

. it’s Arkansas State week all over again for the Cajuns, and Hudspeth — while not picking one over the other — thinks he knows why UL’s series with the Red Wolves is so intense.

When his team plays Arkansas State, he suggested, everything seems ratcheted.

Default Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    . it’s Arkansas State week all over again for the Cajuns, and Hudspeth — while not picking one over the other — thinks he knows why UL’s series with the Red Wolves is so intense.

When his team plays Arkansas State, he suggested, everything seems ratcheted.
    Ark State is our #1 rival. ULM is sort of an in-state nuisance because we have to play them in conference.

Default Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Ark State is our #1 rival. ULM is sort of an in-state nuisance because we have to play them in conference.
    Agreed. However, if we played them more often, without a doubt, the biggest rivalry would be with latech. I say they are, regardless of how often we play them.

I'm middle aged, overweight, out of shape, and walk with a limp. I would still throwdown with tech fan if it were called for. Last time we played at Cajun Field, one of the guys in my tailgating crew invited one of his latech co-workers. I have never forgiven him for that.

It's Tech in my book.not even close.

This is so COOL Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Agreed. However, if we played them more often, without a doubt, the biggest rivalry would be with latech. I say they are, regardless of how often we play them.

I'm middle aged, overweight, out of shape, and walk with a limp. I would still throwdown with tech fan if it were called for. Last time we played at Cajun Field, one of the guys in my tailgating crew invited one of his latech co-workers. I have never forgiven him for that.
    Louisiana Tech has been our longest running rival in this state period. Arkansas State is our major rival in the SBC and the only two original football programs still playing in this conference. And for the record, I hate them because they have a $40 mil budget right? LOL!!!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It's Tech in my book.not even close.
    Well the two recent times we’ve played them, it sure hasn’t seem like a rivalry. More like they just simply swatted us away.

It used to be Tech and I wish it still was. But, they don't seem to want to play us and the last couple of times manhandled us. That is no longer a rivalry. Would love to bring it back. But, until then, its Ark State.

9. Default Re: Cheap shot, spit, field storming: UL and Arkansas State have raucous rivalry

Ironically both schools mentioned have to do with the State of Arkansas.

Thread Information