Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New UL football coach (wishlist)

1. Default Re: New UL football coach (wishlist)

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    No more Baldwins please.....
    LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Default Re: New UL football coach

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    True...but recruiting to LaSUe and to Louisiana are apples and oranges. It was a much easier sell to recruit the best to go to LaSue. And if he could actually coach, he could have competed and possibly won several national championships with the talent that went to LaSue. Now if he could recruit the same 4 star & 5 star athletes here, again, coaching would not matter as much because the athletes would be by far more dominant than any other teams in the Sunbelt. By talent alone, they would win more than they would lose.

I highly doubt Les Miles could recruit the same type of players here that went to LaSue. Hence, he would be just another Baldwin.
    Les Miles had a good staff most years in Baton Rouge. But Les didn't think twice about recruiting his own group of problem athletes as well. Part of the problem for Coach Orgeron right now is the turnover of some 17 recruits including OL and DL that have left the program this past year plus. A hand full couldn't past random drug test and 3 or 4 others were dismissed after being arrested and others for academics. Those were Les Miles recruits.

Louis Cook?

(Someone had to do it)

Default Re: New UL football coach (wishlist)

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Louis Cook?

(Someone had to do it)
    Ron Guidry? Sorry, I had to do it...lol

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I agree with you. Our next hire needs to create a big splash
    No we don't need a splash. It's not about winning the press conference. It's about finding someone who can win.

Head Coach Will Hall. He can be the OC as well just like Leach.

DC Tim Rebowe. We can pay him more than Nicholls. He is a great recruiter and he knows defense.

No need to recreate the wheel or stop the presses. When troy hired Neal Brown they didn't set the world afire with the news, but now people are mentioning Troy as a top G5 program and Brown as the #1 candidate for a couple of upcoming SEC jobs.

When Hud leaves, if Coach Hall hasn't been hired away yet, the promotion to HC is a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    It’s going to be a cold, blue world for some of you if we don’t get another coach. I have trouble seeing UL coughing up the money. Look at the dissatisfaction expressed toward the basketball program and how long he’s been there.
    Basketball has not won at a level needed to maintain strong interest from the community. However they have had 4 winning seasons in a row while Football is likely to have 3 straight losing seasons. Football leadership is a greater concern.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post

DC Tim Rebowe. We can pay him more than Nicholls. He is a great recruiter and he knows defense.
    It's not always about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Head Coach Will Hall. He can be the OC as well just like Leach.

No need to recreate the wheel or stop the presses. When troy hired Neal Brown they didn't set the world afire with the news, but now people are mentioning Troy as a top G5 program and Brown as the #1 candidate for a couple of upcoming SEC jobs.

When Hud leaves, if Coach Hall hasn't been hired away yet, the promotion to HC is a no brainer.
    Don't see Rebowe leaving a head coaching position for coordinator position at UL...maybe a bigger school ranked in the top 25.

Quote Originally Posted by studentfan View Post
    Don't see Rebowe leaving a head coaching position for coordinator position at UL...maybe a bigger school ranked in the top 25.
    He’s a much better HC than he was a position coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Basketball has not won at a level needed to maintain strong interest from the community. However, they have had 4 winning seasons in a row while Football is likely to have 3 straight losing seasons. Football leadership is a greater concern.
    Marlin does not alienate a majority of his fanbase by saying stupid ____ .. and his players rarely get in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Marlin does not alienate a majority of his fanbase by saying stupid ____ .. and his players rarely get in trouble
    That is very true. My biggest issue with Bobby Big fish is that we do not win enough and out scheduling sucks.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He's a much better HC than he was a position coach.
    And in reality, he's about where he belongs (for now). I'd like to see him back at UL helping with recruiting... but I don't see a likely path back for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    managing 10 players is different from 80-90 to manage. Marlin has killed BB!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    managing 10 players is different from 80-90 to manage. Marlin has killed BB!
    Come on! Killed? I like the path Marlin and the B-ball team are on. Good players coming in with a challenging schedule this year. It's gonna be a lot of fun this year in the dome!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information