Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New UL football coach (wishlist)

1. Default Re: New UL football coach (wishlist)

Brian Brohm

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Brian Brohm
    If you like Brian Brohm the you’d love Beau Baldwin.

Default Re: New UL football coach (wishlist)

My reason for being in the Mike Houston camp is the way he has won with different programs. He comes from a defensive background. Won at the D2 level before taking the job at The Citadel. There he ran a triple option offense and upset South Carolina. Took the job with James Madison and used the spread that was already in place and won a national championship.

That shows me that he has a process that works but he is not stuck on a certain type of system. He will do what best fits the personnel available.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    My reason for being in the Mike Houston camp is the way he has won with different programs. He comes from a defensive background. Won at the D2 level before taking the job at The Citadel. There he ran a triple option offense and upset South Carolina. Took the job with James Madison and used the spread that was already in place and won a national championship.

That shows me that he has a process that works but he is not stuck on a certain type of system. He will do what best fits the personnel available.
    I’m definitely not opposed to him at all. I just really love the offense that Beau Baldwin ran at EWU and what he’s running at Cal. I think it would do very well with the type of athletes we generally produce in Louisiana.

Default Re: New UL football coach

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    During his time at lsu he averaged I believe 10 or 11 wins a year. Won a National championship and played for another. Pay him 1 mill a year and get him here.
    While I love his record, I'm not sure his style would translate here. At LSU, he was able to get the best at most positions and could run a power attack and be successful. Here, I'm not so sure that would work. I like our current system. I don't know how flexible he is in implementing different tactics but it didn't seem like he was. He would, however, create a major buzz not only here but in the CFB world which would put a lot more attention on our program which could really help. $1 million for him compared to Hud and i would take Miles any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    #1 Beau Baldwin OC @ Cal former HC @ EWU
    #1a John Grass HC @ Jacksonville St
    #3 Mike Houston HC @ JMU
    #4 Todd Orlando DC @ Texas
    #5 KC Keeler HC @ SHSU
    No more Baldwins please.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    While I love his record, I'm not sure his style would translate here. At LSU, he was able to get the best at most positions and could run a power attack and be successful. Here, I'm not so sure that would work. I like our current system. I don't know how flexible he is in implementing different tactics but it didn't seem like he was. He would, however, create a major buzz not only here but in the CFB world which would put a lot more attention on our program which could really help. $1 million for him compared to Hud and i would take Miles any day of the week.
    I agree with you. Our next hire needs to create a big splash

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I agree with you. Our next hire needs to create a big splash
    Size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Im with you on 1-3.

#4. Orlando might be fired by Thanksgiving
    #5. KC Keller would have been great hire 7 years ago. He's would be a safe hire, but he's 59 years old.

My 4 & 5 would be

4. Manny Diaz - DC at Miami
    - Has relationships in LA,Miss.,TX and South Florida. He can also bring in a staff with P5 experience due to his previous jobs. SEC,ACC,& Big 12

5. Broderick Fobbs - HC at Grambling
    - UL grad assistant, strong Louisiana ties (UL,NSULA,McNeese),75% winning percentage, winning with little resources.
    Diaz would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Diaz would be interesting.
    Hawk just jizzed his pants.

This would be my guy:

http://www.smumustangs.com/coaches.a.&path=football

Cause I've really like Chad Morris for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'd not. Seems 129 other FBS aren't anxious to hire the grass eater. Anyway he's not going back to coaching in the six figure neighborhood.
    Did you mean seven figures, are that he wouldn't except six figures?

During his time at lsu he averaged I believe 10 or 11 wins a year. Won a National championship and played for another. Pay him 1 mill a year and get him here.
    True.but recruiting to LaSUe and to Louisiana are apples and oranges. It was a much easier sell to recruit the best to go to LaSue. And if he could actually coach, he could have competed and possibly won several national championships with the talent that went to LaSue. Now if he could recruit the same 4 star & 5 star athletes here, again, coaching would not matter as much because the athletes would be by far more dominant than any other teams in the Sunbelt. By talent alone, they would win more than they would lose.

I highly doubt Les Miles could recruit the same type of players here that went to LaSue. Hence, he would be just another Baldwin.

It’s going to be a cold, blue world for some of you if we don’t get another coach. I have trouble seeing UL coughing up the money. Look at the dissatisfaction expressed toward the basketball program and how long he’s been there.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    It’s going to be a cold, blue world for some of you if we don’t get another coach. I have trouble seeing UL coughing up the money. Look at the dissatisfaction expressed toward the basketball program and how long he’s been there.
    I would say it's already a cold, blue world as far as the football program is concerned. Keep in mind, Farmer was released because he wasn't getting things done to T-Joe's satisfaction (or fans). Dr. Maggard was hired to bring UL in a new direction, time will tell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information