Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Davis won't start at Idaho unless he's '100 percent'

1. UL Football Davis won't start at Idaho unless he's '100 percent'

UL No. 1 quarterback Jordan Davis still not 100 percent, plus injury updates on several other Cajuns

Default Re: Davis won't start at Idaho unless he's '100 percent'

He's either a slow healer or that injury was way worse than they claimed.

It was worse than advertised.

My eyes told me the injury would not be something that would heal right away as soon as I saw it. I predict Nunez starts at Idaho.

5. Default Re: Davis won't start at Idaho unless he's '100 percent'

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    He's either a slow healer or that injury was way worse than they claimed.
    Something tells me if he hadn't played the 2nd half of the game he was injured in, and the first half of the next game, he would be 100% right now.

this season is a wash . rest him

Can Zion hill get a redshirt this year?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Can Zion hill get a redshirt this year?
    Most likley yes but NCAA has to clear it

9. Default Re: Davis won't start at Idaho unless he's '100 percent'

Davis is the classiest QB at UL in a half dozen years, he will make the best of this situation.

Good thing Hud wasn't the coach at ULM for Colten Browning that cat would have never played!

11. Default Re: Davis won't start at Idaho unless he's '100 percent'

This is a new leaf turned over for Hud.

12. UL Football Re: Davis won't start at Idaho unless he's '100 percent'

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL No. 1 quarterback Jordan Davis still not 100 percent, plus injury updates on several other Cajuns

Before Davis got hurt I predicted he'd be out multiple games. He shouldn't have started ULM, nor the second half of the TAMU game. Some players are steel, Brian Mitchell, others aluminum Gauthier, Brodway, Davis. Still Hud wants his QB to actively engage in high impact plays. If Davis isn't back soon I fear for Nunez.

13. Default Re: Davis won't start at Idaho unless he's '100 percent'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Before Davis got hurt I predicted he'd be out multiple games. He shouldn't have started ULM, nor the second half of the TAMU game. Some players are steel, Brian Mitchell, others aluminum Gauthier, Brodway, Davis. Still Hud wants his QB to actively engage in high impact plays. If Davis isn't back soon I fear for Nunez.
    After a wreck (why am I telling a former insurance guy this?) a lot of injured people have said "I'm ok."

Hud should have known better and not listened to Davis after the injury. (everyone else could tell)

I suspect he would be back at 100% if he had started healing right then and there.

14. Default Re: Davis won't start at Idaho unless he's '100 percent'

It was apparent that his knee was deteriorating in the TAMU game. I suspect swelling rapidly. Obviously couldn't plant to throw. I'm hopeful that the trainers were not ignoring symptoms in the decision.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Hud does like physical QBs. But Davis wasn't injured in an impact play. He came down funny going out of bounds (and it wasn't a late hit). Mike D was the most physical QB I think we've had since Brian Mitchell. I still don't understand what caused his knee injury. He was running out of bounds and just pulled up lame. It must have been a late reaction to an earlier hit. Brian Mitchell also had a leg injury that hampered him for a few games.

I am glad that Hud (and staff) realize that Nunez should start if Davis is not 100%. I'm not that concerned that Nunez will be at greater risk because of "Hud football". The offensive plays and play sequences have been better this year. My issues are strictly with the defense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information