Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: James Willis new Defensive Analyst

1. Default Re: James Willis new Defensive Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    How do you know that about ? This is the first time anyone has ever heard that. With his HS connections in la that would have been a bad move.
    Huh?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: James Willis new Defensive Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Pot meet kettle....Willis coming back kinda throws a kink in the theory that everyone who has worked with him hates him. Didn't say I don't know who said it, if you want to know look it up yourself is what I said and I even told you where to look.
    The earth is flat. It's a theory... someone said it. I'm like you with your "Willis Kink Theory"... I have no good reason to mention it in this thread. But someone said it. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    The earth is flat. It's a theory... someone said it. I'm like you with your "Willis Kink Theory"... I have no good reason to mention it in this thread. But someone said it. Look it up.
    If I wanted to know who said it, I would look it up myself. I don’t expect others to look up information that I want for me. I think everyone on here is capable of using the search function with the exception of maybe 1.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If I wanted to know who said it, I would look it up myself. I don’t expect others to look up information that I want for me. I think everyone on here is capable of using the search function with the exception of maybe 1.
    Don't pick on Boomer!

One of the coaches you listed as a coach that left for a better job... did. But he also regards Hud as an egomaniac. It is possible that coaches both leave for better jobs, and also aren't all that crazy about the head coach. There are a massive number of assistant coaches that hate the coaches they work under. They don't coach under them because they love them. You have to pay your dues in coaching... even if it requires you work under other coaches you don't like.

The general rule is that about 90% of what you hear coming out of fan forums about coach's personalities, incidents, player issues, etc... are true. They don't get publicly validated very often. Just think of other work places. People will tell their family and friends about how a boss or owner is a jerk... with stories to prove it... yet they still work there. The validation never comes at the pace of the stories. As soon as that boss/owner gets in trouble and/or fired... those supposed rumors get validated by other coworkers.

I worked at a place where an executive was rumored to have sexually harassed several young women. I didn't really believe it at first. When one of them resigned and sued the company... I thought she was making it up to get a pay day. Then a bunch of other women came forward and gave their stories. I was shocked. I didn't like the guy. But I didn't think he was that stupid. He was.

One of the coaches you listed as a coach that left for a better job... did. But he also regards Hud as an egomaniac. It is possible that coaches both leave for better jobs, and also aren't all that crazy about the head coach. There are a massive number of assistant coaches that hate the coaches they work under. They don't coach under them because they love them. You have to pay your dues in coaching... even if it requires you work under other coaches you don't like.

The general rule is that about 90% of what you hear coming out of fan forums about coach's personalities, incidents, player issues, etc... are true. They don't get publicly validated very often. Just think of other work places. People will tell their family and friends about how a boss or owner is a jerk... with stories to prove it... yet they still work there. The validation never comes at the pace of the stories. As soon as that boss/owner gets in trouble and/or fired... those supposed rumors get validated by other coworkers.

I worked at a place where an executive was rumored to have sexually harassed several young women. I didn't really believe it at first. When one of them resigned and sued the company... I thought she was making it up to get a pay day. Then a bunch of other women came forward and gave their stories. I was shocked. I didn't like the guy. But I didn't think he was that stupid. He was.
    Never said anything differently, the guy is their boss...a lot of people have difference of opinion with their boss. That’s actually exactly what I’m saying. Hud does have a huge ego, as a lot of head coaches do. Overall, in 7 years he hasn’t had a lot of turnover in coaches. He kept an entire staff together for 4-5 years which is unheard of. When they wanted/needed more money he went get it for them. He has coaches rejoining him, that to me doesn’t sound like a complete azhole that is just impossible to work for. They all had opportunities to leave after those 4 years and didn’t. They may not agree with the way he handles everything in the program but we would have A LOT more turnover of coaches in 7 years if he was as bad as some describe and certainly wouldnt have guys coming back to work with him IMO. It’s not as bad as some make it out to be and it’s not “great” like some people think I’m trying to say bc that isn’t what I’m suggesting.

Don't pick on Boomer!
    Boomer has been quiet on the board as of late...hope he is well...

As for hiring Willis. Meh. Hope it helps. Doubt it will. The problem lies at the top of the food chain.

Exactly what I said, if it's as serious as some claim he would be fired with clause, if he was winning and in the top 25 nobody would care and would defend him against the haters. He is losing and people want him gone so therefore every single thing that happens or anything he says he gets destroyed. If all these "circumstances" were exactly the same but he was going 10-3...11-2 nobody would care. So it's not about some moral high road, it's about winning and losing.
    But do you believe it's just Hudspeth that is treated that way here at UL? Don't think for a minute if Coach Lotief, or Coach Robichaux weren't winning that they wouldn't be treated the same way. There is no way people wouldn't complain about the way Lotief speaks to his athletes if he didn't win. In fact, some have complained about him because he didn't play their daughters. One transferred to LSU. I've heard the same about Robichaux from a parent who's son was dismissed for breaking team rules and thought he should have been given a second chance. If either of those coaches weren't winning, you can bet both of them would be receiving similar treatment.

That same holds true for the administration. I went after Dr. Savoie long before Hudspeth because he was not supporting athletics as promised. And I certainly went after Farmer as well during the same period, for his decisions and inactivity. So why complain just about the treatment of Hudspeth? Is he larger than the program?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    But do you believe it's just Hudspeth that is treated that way here at UL? Don't think for a minute if Coach Lotief, or Coach Robichaux weren't winning that they wouldn't be treated the same way. There is no way people wouldn't complain about the way Lotief speaks to his athletes if he didn't win. In fact, some have complained about him because he didn't play their daughters. One transferred to LSU. I've heard the same about Robichaux from a parent who's son was dismissed for breaking team rules and thought he should have been given a second chance. If either of those coaches weren't winning, you can bet both of them would be receiving similar treatment.

That same holds true for the administration. I went after Dr. Savoie long before Hudspeth because he was not supporting athletics as promised. And I certainly went after Farmer as well during the same period, for his decisions and inactivity. So why complain just about the treatment of Hudspeth? Is he larger than the program?
    Totally missing what I’ve said several times, stop hiding behind morality when going after him...it’s because he is losing. Go after him because he is losing or being a loser not because you are concerned how well he is liked at recess. If it’s not an issue that will get him fired with cause, it’s moot otherwise He will be fired or retained by wins and losses, not if Rusty Whitt liked him on the way out the door. Lets be honest, if hud was winning, nobody would care if Rusty Whitt liked our winning coach or not. Hammering him on every meaningless, decision, move, word or lack of words etc looks like a witch hunt. He isn’t getying it done on the field and he was in charge during a scandal that put us on probation. Right now he is still our coach, he is still recruiting kids to this school but by all means let’s bash the man all over town, that will certainly help recruiting. you can help him bury the program further than it was under Baldwin..because you know we will still be here after Mark Hudspeth moves on regardless of how.

Never said anything differently, the guy is their boss...a lot of people have difference of opinion with their boss. That’s actually exactly what I’m saying. Hud does have a huge ego, as a lot of head coaches do. Overall, in 7 years he hasn’t had a lot of turnover in coaches. He kept an entire staff together for 4-5 years which is unheard of. When they wanted/needed more money he went get it fir them. He has coaches rejoining him, that to me doesn’t sound like a complete azhole that is just impossible to work for. They all had opportunities to leave after those 4 years and didn’t. They may not agree with the way he handles everything in the program but we would have A LOT more turnover of coaches in 7 years if he was as bad as some describe and certainly wouldnt have guys coming back to work with him IMO.
    Hud was successful in years 1-4. It's hard to quit a winning program or run coaches off when you're winning. And once a program starts losing, it's tough for staff to find other jobs. I'm just not sure if your assessment of how many coaches have stayed or (in the case of Willis) have come back is due to an attraction to working with Hud. It may be... but I don't see ample evidence to substantiate that claim.

You seem to be refuting that there's any issues under Hud's command. I'm telling you that the "rumors" are not unfounded. Whether they are major or minor... there's almost nothing that has been discussed on this forum (with regards to Hud's program) that doesn't have a percentage truth to it... or a complete truth to it.

So... if your intent is to undermine the credibility of the people that have posted negatively... I believe your case is insufficient.

Hud was successful in years 1-4. It's hard to quit a winning program or run coaches off when you're winning. And once a program starts losing, it's tough for staff to find other jobs. I'm just not sure if your assessment of how many coaches have stayed or (in the case of Willis) have come back is due to an attraction to working with Hud. It may be... but I don't see ample evidence to substantiate that claim.

You seem to be refuting that there's any issues under Hud's command. I'm telling you that the "rumors" are not unfounded. Whether they are major or minor... there's almost nothing that has been discussed on this forum (with regards to Hud's program) that doesn't have a percentage truth to it... or a complete truth to it.

So... if your intent is to undermine the credibility of the people that have posted negatively... I believe your case is insufficient.
    Jay Johnson turned down a pay raise to stay, that doesn’t tell me he hated his boss. Things always get worse when you lose. Any boss or company becomes less pleasant when it’s underperforming. I’m sure a few thousand people around here can attest to that. If hud told people he was a front wiper you would have people saying we lost because he doesn’t wipe to the back. This still all goes back to a guy leaving for the nfl and is now coming back, one who supposedly really left because he couldn’t stand hudspeth. Don’t see why it’s such a huge deal to point out an inaccuracy, since everyone wants to point out % of truth. Just an observation that I really think is funny. If it was a honest mistake I don’t see why people would get so salty about it. I just see it differently but everybody can see it how they want. Doesn’t change what will happen to hud one way or the other.

Totally missing what I’ve said several times, stop hiding behind morality when going after him...it’s because he is losing. Go after him because he is losing or being a loser not because you are concerned how well he is liked at recess. If it’s not an issue that will get him fired with cause, it’s moot otherwise He will be fired or retained by wins and losses, not if Rusty Whitt liked him on the way out the door. Lets be honest, if hud was winning, nobody would care if Rusty Whitt liked our winning coach or not. Hammering him on every meaningless, decision, move, word or lack of words etc looks like a witch hunt. He isn’t getying it done on the field and he was in charge during a scandal that put us on probation. Right now he is still our coach, he is still recruiting kids to this school but by all means let’s bash the man all over town, that will certainly help recruiting. you can help him bury the program further than it was under Baldwin..because you know we will still be here after Mark Hudspeth moves on regardless of how.
    I'm not hiding behind morality to criticize Hudspeth anymore than I did to criticize Farmer, I just documented events that add to the reasons we should move on after this season. But let's not pretend that you are just upset or outraged by people's hypocrisy, because you denied that most of these events happened in the first place. So quit distracting from the fact that you are a Hudspeth fan that refused to consider that he might not be MAGIC MIKE after all. I've been there, and I'm done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Boomer has been quiet on the board as of late...hope he is well...

As for hiring Willis. Meh. Hope it helps. Doubt it will. The problem lies at the top of the food chain.
    Hey Willis... you ever fix a burnt roux? No Hud. Oh heck... come on over to the house and help me anyway. Lucas is trying to control the flame... I'm adding more flour. You can stir.

Jay Johnson turned down a pay raise to stay, that doesn’t tell me he hated his boss. Things always get worse when you lose. Any boss or company becomes less pleasant when it’s underperforming. I’m sure a few thousand people around here can attest to that. If hud told people he was a front wiper you would have people saying we lost because he doesn’t wipe to the back. This still all goes back to a guy leaving for the nfl and is now coming back, one who supposedly really left because he couldn’t stand hudspeth. Don’t see why it’s such a huge deal to point out an inaccuracy, since everyone wants to point out % of truth. Just an observation that I really think is funny. If it was a honest mistake I don’t see why people would get so salty about it.
    The pay raise at Utah State wasn't significant enough to move his entire family from Lafayette. There wasn't significant financial difference and Hudspeth used it to get him money.

15. Default Re: James Willis new Defensive Analyst

Jay Johnson turned down a pay raise to stay, that doesn't tell me he hated his boss. Things always get worse when you lose. Any boss or company becomes less pleasant when it's underperforming. I'm sure a few thousand people around here can attest to that. If hud told people he was a front wiper you would have people saying we lost because he doesn't wipe to the back. This still all goes back to a guy leaving for the nfl and is now coming back, one who supposedly really left because he couldn't stand hudspeth. Don't see why it's such a huge deal to point out an inaccuracy, since everyone wants to point out % of truth. Just an observation that I really think is funny. If it was a honest mistake I don't see why people would get so salty about it.
    No one is salty. You started with your passive aggressive bull____, so people responded. And you knew they would.

Now your stance is, "bashing" (which sounds a lot like discussing the failures of this coach) the current headcoach is going to hurt recruiting sounds a lot like Hud's talking point. I know, because he told me the same line. Sincere question: Did you change your RP handle because Hud got to you, and you decided you were going to support the guy because he's amicable and pumped you full of the same used care salesmen BS that he tried to feed me? The timing seems pretty spot accurate for that to have been the case. I remember crazycajun, and you weren't always this naive.

BTW, the true measure of a man is when things are going to hell, and how he handles the situation. Everyone is good at being successful. If he was winning, there would be less talk, you're right.. because then, he'd be doing what we pay for him to do. WIN.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information