Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Talk about bad timing....or shrewd marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I'm not buying it. I think he's been an attention _____ every week since he's been here.
    The funny part is we have people here who think Hud done here. That's laughable. So we choppering him into hs games but we firing him. Lol lol lol

Default Re: Talk about bad timing....or shrewd marketing

I have no problem with going to a game in a helicopter. He still needs to recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Had the STM/Franklinton game on at home tonight, and the game was paused in the second quarter for an AirMed helicopter land on the STM baseball field—it was Coach HUD coming to the game!! Is this common?? Also, he had Michael Desormeaux with him.
    Sam Heinen quipped he thought it was the first time that HUD’s been to STM—
    Danny Jones answered back that he wasn’t going to say anything, but......
    He has done this in the past. He probably didn't just go that game at least I know in the past he'd hit a few. This is not an uncommon practice a few years back at a TCH vs CHSBR game les miles landed on the baseball out field.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    The funny part is we have people here who think Hud done here. That's laughable. So we choppering him into hs games but we firing him. Lol lol lol
    That chopper isn't owned, and wasn't paid for by UL. Everyone does their job right up until they get their pink slip. Jerry Baldwin was going to be choppered to a HS football game the day before he was fired... but the toothpick got caught in the helicopter rotor.

5. Default Re: Talk about bad timing....or shrewd marketing

The chopper is not the problem.
    The infrequent visits to HS program that constantly puts out D1 talent is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The chopper is not the problem.
    The infrequent visits to HS program that constantly puts out D1 talent is the problem.
    Are they willing to walk on? Don't need local guys unwilling to walk on. Have to keep recruiting mediocre JC transfers. Keep that JC pipeline strong.

I've heard it said that we don't have the best relationship with high schools in the Acadiana area. Can anyone say why that is?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    I've heard it said that we don't have the best relationship with high schools in the Acadiana area. Can anyone say why that is?
    That charge has been around since Coach Stokley left.

9. Default Re: Talk about bad timing....or shrewd marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That charge has been around since Coach Stokley left.
    Yep Bustle was in love with Florida and Baldwin...

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Probably because we let kids like Dugas from Northside go to LaTurd without a real offer until the last week of the recruiting season. Even when it was clear he was the best OL in the Acadiana area and one of the top 5 or 6 in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I have no problem with going to a game in a helicopter. He still needs to recruit.
    I'm as ____ed as the next guy about this season so far, but Les Miles et al did this regularly and folks would get all giddy over it. I have ZERO problem with Hud hopping game to game in a copter. If anything he's seeing more players that way and just like the Alice Shoe coaches, people KNEW who was arriving.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Probably because we let kids like Dugas from Northside go to LaTurd without a real offer until the last week of the recruiting season. Even when it was clear he was the best OL in the Acadiana area and one of the top 5 or 6 in the state.
    You can add Griffin Hebert to that list

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information