Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Paul Petrino

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I want Hudspeth gone as much or more than anyone. That's not an opinion I try to hide. I will say this about Hudspeth, he most definitely was the right hire when we hired him. He brought fire and enthusiasm to the program like we haven't seen since the "good" Stokely years.

But as soon as word broke about major NCAA violations under his watch, with the history that we have, I would have terminated the contract. Since that point under his tenure the program has regressed. Then things have kind of spiraled downward since that point. Now that we are on the back end of the sanctions it's time for a regime change.
    I'm right there with you. I was one that was all for the Hudspeth hire and was one of the first on board to mention him. Right guy at that time but like Scott Farmer the job outgrew him.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    We won't get a P5 coordinator at our level, we lucked off with Stokely back then. The market has changed a lot today, all three are considered P5 HC candidates. We can't buy these guys today.
    I kind of have that feeling.

Default Re: Paul Petrino

It is often said that the difference between a good coach and a bad coach is the talent he can recruit and has to work with. Great talent can make an average coach look good and bad talent can make a great coach look bad. I think we can all agree that Louisiana, South Louisiana and the Acadian area in particular, have a different kind of culture than other parts of the country. The culture here is one that we all embrace and love. Virtually everyone who comes here to live, or visit for any amount of time, generally falls in love with this unique culture, spirit and the "joie de vivre" of our area. With that said, I am starting to believe that the first step we need to take in order to get to the next level is to vastly improve our talent. Recruiting in the State of Louisiana at a much higher level needs to be a top priority. All football people know how much talent exists here, as demonstrated by how many programs come here to recruit on an annual basis. I am starting to believe that actual football knowledge (X's & O's) might not be the most important attribute to look at when searching for our next coach. UL should look for a coach that has "great" ties to Louisiana and, most importantly, the high school coaching fraternity within this state! Hiring an outsider with no ties to the area and state, has not proven to work long term for UL up to this point. Some of the best overall teams and talent produced at UL over the last 40 years had coaches with local ties in key positions (ie. Nelson Stokley, Louie Cook) who had great relationships with the high school coaches. It all sounded good in the beginning, but apparently Hud has been unable to get close to our high school coaches and deliver on his promise to build a wall around the State, or even the Acadiana area.

Coaches can coach all they want, but talent wins games!

Maybe we can get Ted Davidson, Jim Hightower & Louie Cook to team up together and bring their staff's to UL! LOL!!!!!

We won't get a P5 coordinator at our level, we lucked off with Stokely back then. The market has changed a lot today, all three are considered P5 HC candidates. We can't buy these guys today.
    .and the clock has already started ticking to the day that Coach Hall is given that P5 OC job. Maybe 1 more year and he's gone.

Lock him up. Give him the keys now.

We can get a saavy DC that has deep recruiting ties to fill the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I would consider him. Here are two other names to consider. Art Briles's son who was OC under his dad is now the OC for Lane Kiffin at FAU and Steve Spurrier's son who I believe was OC under his dad and coached with him during his time with the Redskins.

That's what Tech has been doing with their last three hires, Dooley, Dykes, and now Holtz. Seemed to work pretty good for them.
    Last 3? Try last 4. Don't forget about Jack Bicknell

Would like to see any of these guys get the job

1. Tony Elliott CO- OC Clemson
    2. Tony Gibson West Virginia defensive coordinator
    3. Jimmy Lake Washington co-defensive coordinator

The P5 Graveyard I would take Summlin in a heartbeat

1. Kevin Summlin

2. Rich Rodriguez
    3. kliff kingsbury

7. Default Re: Paul Petrino

Bustle same.

I want to see us hire a head coach whose last name I can't pronouncenot someone from the good ole boy network. He needs to be offense-minded, perhaps an OC at a P5, well-respected by his peers, players, and community, not a micro-manager, and not afraid of hiring someone who might want his job. I'd be fine with him being hired away in 3 or 4 years by an SEC school.

Wash, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

1. Kevin Summlin

2. Rich Rodriguez
    3. kliff kingsbury

We need to deal with reality. We're not going to be able to peel away the OC at Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    We need to deal with reality. We're not going to be able to peel away the OC at Clemson.
    Shoot for the stars land in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

1. Kevin Summlin

2. Rich Rodriguez
    3. kliff kingsbury
    Jeff Scott is the Co-OC who calls the plays for Clemson. Both should get mentioned for jobs very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    That's what people said about Gus Malzhan and then he signed with Ark State.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    A guy I like a lot is Joe Moorhead. OC for Penn State. Previously the HC at Fordham. The thing I'd worry about with a guy like him is the culture change from the northeast to the south.
    I'm sure he makes more as the OC at Penn State than we are paying Hud.

The whole staff needs to be made up of Boudreauxs; Thibodeauxs; Heberts; Duhons; Cheneverts, Antoines; Gaspards; Zaunbrechers; Richards; Miguezs and Viators. All Coonasses.

15. Default Re: Paul Petrino

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    Jeff Scott is the Co-OC who calls the plays for Clemson. Both should get mentioned for jobs very soon.
    Listen to this man
    He knows more about the coaching situation around the country than you do.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information