Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    I hearing the money is there. 🤞
    I know for an absolute fact, and have for a while, that the money is on the table. TJoe has to allow it to happen.

Default Re: The nail in the coffin

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I know for an absolute fact, and have for a while, that the money is on the table. TJoe has to allow it to happen.
    I will text, call whatever. AFter I wake tomorrow , I will send smoke signals from Broussard to central Lafayette asap.

I think my biggest problem with HUD is his lack of accountability. Whether it's his initial response to the Trump video, or blaming losses on the APC. Excuses are like _____holes, everybody's got one, and they all stink! I don't think HUD has been able to take accountability for a damn thing since he has been here. Product on the field the past two seasons has been unacceptable (10W/ 15L record), and it looks like this season may be even worse. I can't believe we just got embarrassed by ULM!

Default Re: He's done and I'm ready for him to be fired

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    Sooooo, what names are on the short list?? I'm done with this!

GEAUX CAJUNS!!
    Anybody know if the offensive or defensive coordinators at Mizzou are hot names in coaching circles? I'd put money on us hiring from that staff over the field.

EDIT: Josh Heupel of Oklahoma fame is the offensive coordinator. Averaged 500 yards a game in 2016 (his first year) playing in the SEC (led the league, 13th nationally) after averaging 280 a game in 2015. I'm in. Or not. Whatever.

I'm just so apathetic at this point. Stayed for the whole game, couldn't muster an ounce of excitement during the comeback because A) we had no business coming back with the way we'd played, B) we never should've been in the position of being down to ULM 2+ scores in the first place, and C) with the way the year has gone for most of my football rooting interests, I knew we'd screw it up somehow. And not ramming Ragas, who they couldn't stop all night, right at them for one yard after scoring with no time left and instead putting the game on the foot of the kicker that'd missed two extra points earlier in the game was that moment. That he made that XP was irrelevant. Hud took the momentum away from his team with that decision.

I hate feeling NOTHING at best about something that I love. I'll forever be grateful for getting us over that hump post-Bustle, and for the growth in our program in regards to facilities and RCAF since he got here, but it's over for Hud. Whether that comes after this year or after another year in the future, the thrill is gone, so to speak, and I think we've all seen and heard enough that no realistic measure of winning will be enough to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Head coach list needs to include our old friend coaching at Nicholls State.
    No it doesn't.

Default Re: He's done and I'm ready for him to be fired

This was my feeling last year but the sunshine pumpers were breaking their elbows getting that sunshine out. What a joke of a coach. $1,000,000/2 wins this season = UL fans are getting raped! I feel like I should contact FEMA after this disaster.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Hudspeth is done. So is this team. So am I.

Default Re: Huds Got To Go

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    A wwaqw222 d as 7rad
    FAST?

9. Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

I used to think there was zero advantage to in season firings, but when Hud fired the DC early in the season last year, he taught me something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Dr. Maggard, ignore his user name, this man knows what he's talking about. This is no longer a question of whether we can afford to buy out Hud's contract, it's a question of how much damage this program can withstand before we start a comeback.
    It is also economics Dr M. There are some of us who will be there no matter what. Simple math. 20,000 times $15 times 5 games. There is your buy out

Default Re: post ULM: Hud Accountability Index

Guys, for those of you who are more football savvy then me, where does the accountability start with the Asst Coaches?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Guys, for those of you who are more football savvy then me, where does the accountability start with the Asst Coaches?
    The head coach puts together the staff. It's on him. It's on him to hire a good offensive coordinator, it's on him to hire a good defensive coordinator, it's on him to have all the pieces in place to not only plan for this week's game, but to plan 3 or 4 years down the road, it's on hime to know where the team is weakest and to recruit well ahead of time to fill those holes.

All of it is on the head coach, it's why he's the head coach and is paid $1 MILLION DOLLARS per year.

Just rolling out the rack with a serious hang around, did Hud get fired yet?

Fanatico, In your opinion, does the definition of insanity apply here? ".doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.". If so, do you and the rest of my RP brethren think that giving HUD the boot and allowing the rest of the coaching staff to remain to continue the season without him, I the answer? Does the defense improve if HUD the distraction is out of the picture?

By all of the comments on the in-game thread, it appears that HUD might be causing a distraction for the whole team. I was getting the impression that the team was sluggish and mentally absent during most of the game. Heads down, slow moving, no enthusiasm. Does removing HUD solve this problem? Not taking up for him, but not sure if removing him is the key to a 8-0 run for the remainder of the season.

I personally think we COULD be 4-0 right now and should be 2-2. Defense has their moments just on the wrong downs.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information