Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Enrollment

Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Actually, over-head trams are not as far-fetched as some would think, and are becoming a viable option in a lot of situations.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/25...nsit-solution/

I asked about the viability time wise. After the number of stops/stations REQUIRED, it's about an estimated 45 minute ride.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. I heard the same basic thing, but no timeline was given. Did they give you one?
    2. I assume that the new dorms are in the Youth Park area. Is that what you heard too?
    3. And this may be more for Helmut, or other construction type peeps to answer, but once they get permission to demo buildings, is there a time restriction involved? I mean, before the demo of the maintenance buildings can happen, the new ones (behind the Ira Nelson center on Johnston) will have to be constructed.....and I haven't heard of that getting started yet. Don't know if they typically get permission to demo if they aren't ready to do that pretty quickly.
    Speaking of dorms, here is a great example why you want to keep politics off your campus, and from a fan's perspective, away from your sports teams.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/e...5761c7df8.html

1. I heard the same basic thing, but no timeline was given. Did they give you one?
    2. I assume that the new dorms are in the Youth Park area. Is that what you heard too?
    3. And this may be more for Helmut, or other construction type peeps to answer, but once they get permission to demo buildings, is there a time restriction involved? I mean, before the demo of the maintenance buildings can happen, the new ones (behind the Ira Nelson center on Johnston) will have to be constructed.....and I haven't heard of that getting started yet. Don't know if they typically get permission to demo if they aren't ready to do that pretty quickly.
    How about building dorms as part of the football stadium expansion? If I am not
    mistaken, Florida State built dorms into their stadium which the state paid providing partial funding for the project. Didn't LSU have dorms in Tiger Stadium? Perhaps state funding for dorms could help facilitate enhancements to the stadium while filling dormitory needs.

4. Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    How about building dorms as part of the football stadium expansion? If I am not
    mistaken, Florida State built dorms into their stadium which the state paid providing partial funding for the project. Didn't LSU have dorms in Tiger Stadium? Perhaps state funding for dorms could help facilitate enhancements to the stadium while filling dormitory needs.
    McNaspy Stadium had dorms.

1. The plans for the new engineering hall are sitting on the Dean's desk so i would assume soon

2. Yes dorms will be built on the current youth park as im told

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    1. The plans for the new engineering hall are sitting on the Dean's desk so i would assume soon

2. Yes dorms will be built on the current youth park as im told
    Thanks. I keep hearing that there is a new engineering building coming, but don't know where it is supposed to be located, or what will become of Madison Hall once Engineering leaves???

Thanks. I keep hearing that there is a new engineering building coming, but don't know where it is supposed to be located, or what will become of Madison Hall once Engineering leaves???
    hope demo place was outdated 30 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    Is there any future chance we can acquire and build on Girard Park? If Moncus becomes the grand central park they envision, it kind of lessens the need for a park like Girard. When were as land locked as we are, it's hard not to look at a big piece of undeveloped land next to our campus and start thinking.

Or is the St Mary corridor our best bet for future expansion? There would be a few more existing structures to deal with going that route but going thay way does eventually tie us into available lands toward the athletics campus and research park.
    Took me a while, but I knew I had seen a section of the master plan that outlines our future land acquisition. It makes the assumption that we will purchase the old OLOL property......and also that money will fall from heaven to make the purchases.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Totally agree: demolishing the Cox must be a priority. Even if we don't build the tower or sports plaza for a while, it has to go. It is now an eyesore and bringing down the whole complex.....when we have a fantastic complex.
    JUST A FEW QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/POINTS:
    First of all, I do NOT know the answers - and maybe they have been asked and answered already.
    If so, my apologies.
    Similarly, I am not even close to being "in the know" regarding all of the issues associated with the needed demo of the "Cox Communication Athletic Complex."
    With these qualifiers:
    1. I would presume that Cox Communication pays sponsorship fees/ naming rights to call the Athletic Complex the "Cox Communication" Athletic Complex. Is this accurate?
    2. If so, I would again presume that Cox Communication would have an interest in the image/public sentiment/style/image of a building that has their name on it.
    3. Therefore, it would certainly appear that Cox Communication would (or should) have an opinion as to how they want their brand and name portrayed on our campus.
    4. Does anyone on this board know whether Cox Communication has been contacted to address the eyesore that has their name on it, what they could do to help the situation, and whether they are willing and able to "fix" the issue?
    5. Seems like we could work with Cox Communication to have them pay for the demo AND to either pay to replace the building or build something that more respectfully and more appropriately represents their brand.

10. Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    First of all, I do NOT know the answers - and maybe they have been asked and answered already.
    If so, my apologies.
    Similarly, I am not even close to being "in the know" regarding all of the issues associated with the needed demo of the "Cox Communication Athletic Complex."
    With these qualifiers:
    1. I would presume that Cox Communication pays sponsorship fees/ naming rights to call the Athletic Complex the "Cox Communication" Athletic Complex. Is this accurate?
    2. If so, I would again presume that Cox Communication would have an interest in the image/public sentiment/style/image of a building that has their name on it.
    3. Therefore, it would certainly appear that Cox Communication would (or should) have an opinion as to how they want their brand and name portrayed on our campus.
    4. Does anyone on this board know whether Cox Communication has been contacted to address the eyesore that has their name on it, what they could do to help the situation, and whether they are willing and able to "fix" the issue?
    5. Seems like we could work with Cox Communication to have them pay for the demo AND to either pay to replace the building or build something that more respectfully and more appropriately represents their brand.
    ........Cox rises! Well it's being talked about...lol...In my pass through LC saw that McN is building a massive athletic building (looked to be a 3 story) any info on it???

11. UL Football Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    If so, my apologies.
    Similarly, I am not even close to being "in the know" regarding all of the issues associated with the needed demo of the "Cox Communication Athiletic Complex."
    With these qualifiers:
    I’d think that the value received from Cox building is an annual thing. IMO the promotional value would never approach a significant add on, or even the full cost of demolishing this structure.

Bottom line: Almost everyone agrees the "Cox Building" is an eyesore. If I owned Cox, I would not want my brand to be associated with such a structure and would work to make the situation better (whatever that means).

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ........Cox rises! Well it's being talked about...lol...In my pass through LC saw that McN is building a massive athletic building (looked to be a 3 story) any info on it???
    I did a quick google search, and think this is what you are asking about:

https://www.mcneese.edu/hhp/health_a...an_performance

BTW, spending this kind of money on these undeserving jucos has just got to be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm with you.

I was mesmerized by everything they displayed, from the Indian artifacts to the Solar system displays and everything in between.

I don't think any other building would have hypnotised me like that one did.
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, but came across some pics of the planetarium on FB from back in the day, when it looked grand indeed. And it seems we aren't the only ones extremely sad to see what it has become, and that it will be demolished soon. (They also had some current pics of it, but I couldn't make myself post them, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I thought that little "echo" area outside the planetarium was just awesome.
    I agree.....and hate to do this, but here are a couple of current pics of it, such as it is:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information