Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Enrollment

1. Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I doubt many of your conclusions are valid. I do agree that women won't follow athletics as strongly as men. The great majority of men and women find their first spouses at the university they attended, so there's those men who'll bring their alum wives with them.

We're not nearly doubled LTUR enrollment. Women already rule the past, present, and likely future. At some point maybe colleges and businesses will quit putting everyone's lower ACT scores ahead of white males and asians for admissions, but that's going against diversity.
    ......ltur at 12k and UL at 20k...regardless of their meetings, it will mean a less interest because of the less chances of their meetings....I imagine or hope your women ruling and the time frames are tongue in cheek as stats totally prove this wrong....your diversity ACT score point has nothing to do with Loiuisiana's admissions for universities as it doesn't descriminate as California schools seem to do!!!

Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

I understand that the graduate school is leading the way. I think that may be because when a student graduates they can't find a job and decide to stay in school. Just my gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I understand that the graduate school is leading the way. I think that may be because when a student graduates they can't find a job and decide to stay in school. Just my gut feeling.
    Are students taking "on-line" classes included in enrollment figures?

4. Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ....well the points would be pointed out to a greater degree if T nine would fix the RPagin....too hard typing on this small deal ---------but the article shows the continued rise in female enrollment in the state and don't think that the lady alumnae are as supporting to athletics as their male grads.....shows that ltur has a greater male percentage due to its technical enrollment........shows that our enrollment is nearly double their 12k....shows LSU at 35k and their peripheral undergrads at 11k......but mainly alerts us guys that women will rule the State of Louisiana in the future.....not sure of the exact demos on it, but just look at the real estate and now insurance sectors along with other professional areas....please t bine fix R Pagin!!!
    Get ready

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Are students taking "on-line" classes included in enrollment figures?
    Yes that's why Liberty University enrollment is 110k

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Yes that's why Liberty University enrollment is 110k
    So, in the last couple of years, our enrollment jumped by around 2,000. Doesn't seem like that is that many on-line student enrollments, at least compared to schools like Liberty or UCF.

Since we are almost at 19,300, we should follow the Boomer School of Economics and just use a round number of 20,000. I like the sound of that.

I do have to say that the one thing we've traditionally not done well is letting the country know about our successes. I ran across this article when trying to look up other info.

http://louisiana.edu/news-events/new...al-nsf-funding

The first paragraph caught my eye;

The Center for Visual and Decision Informatics, a leader in big data science and analytics, is poised to become the largest center of its kind in the U.S. after recently receiving approval for a second round of National Science Foundation funding.

8. Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    So, in the last couple of years, our enrollment jumped by around 2,000. Doesn't seem like that is that many on-line student enrollments, at least compared to schools like Liberty or UCF.

Since we are almost at 19,300, we should follow the Boomer School of Economics and just use a round number of 20,000. I like the sound of that.
    .....HUD math.....round them up or down ltur 12k......UL 20k......twice as many enrolled......

9. Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....HUD math.....round them up or down ltur 12k......UL 20k......twice as many enrolled......
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The dean of engineering
    Ok, yes....he is doing a great job.

Not sure if he was here in 2010, but our appearance on the Discovery Channel was awesome....and the Roman Crane left over from it is still a pretty cool thing to see next time you are on campus.

https://louisiana.edu/news-events/ne...ayettes-campus

Saw this as well.

COMMITTEE APPROVES LOWEST FEE INCREASE IN A DECADE
    In a special meeting of the Executive Committee, the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System approved fee changes for its nine universities. The average increase of less than three percent is the lowest fee increase in a decade for the more than 90,000 students served by the state's largest system of higher education.

"With the budget stability afforded to us by the legislature and our governor, in addition to the full funding of TOPS, our universities were able to minimize cost increases on our students," UL System President and CEO Jim Henderson said. "We will continue to work with our state's leadership to obtain a stable and significant investment in higher education."

Two universities, Grambling State University and the University of New Orleans, are not implementing any fee increases. The remaining seven universities' increases range from $98 to $212.

Louisiana ranks last among its peers in the Southern Regional Education Board in total resources per student. Universities in Louisiana operate with $12,125 per student, while competitors in Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas provide $17,563, $17,510 and $15,370 per student respectively.

"The disparity puts Louisiana universities at a disadvantage in the recruitment and retention of faculty, especially at our research institutions," Henderson said.

Louisiana ranks seventh among its 16 peers in the SREB in total tuition and fees, and 15th in direct state support for colleges and universities on a per student basis.

"Higher education has evolved into a competitive enterprise," Henderson said. "While any increase in cost is significant to students, the average increase of $108 will provide valuable services in the classroom. Now, we must aggressively pursue a state policy environment and institutional cultures that ensure our universities are able to maximize the value received by our students."

Changes only apply to fees, tuition costs remain stable across the System. The Executive Committee met to consider time-sensitive agenda items after a scheduled Board meeting was cancelled due to Tropical Storm Cindy.

Other committee action;

Facilities Planning Committee

-UL Lafayette: approval to name the Student Athlete Performance Center the "Donald and Janice Mosing Student Athlete Performance Center."
    -UL Lafayette: approval to name the Welcome Center at Cade Farm the "Dr. Thomas J. Arceneaux Welcome Center."
    -UL Lafayette: approval to enter into a Ground Lease/Lease Back Agreement with Ragin' Cajun Facilities, Ic. to renovate and expand FG Mouton Hall to include the creation of the Maraist Financial Services Laboratory.
    -UL Lafayette: approval to name the B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration Financial Services Lab the "Maraist Financial Services Laboratory."

Thought this was interesting/funny;
    LA Tech: approval to exchange propoerty with Brister Baptist Church located in Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Ok, yes....he is doing a great job.

Not sure if he was here in 2010, but our appearance on the Discovery Channel was awesome....and the Roman Crane left over from it is still a pretty cool thing to see next time you are on campus.

https://louisiana.edu/news-events/ne...ayettes-campus
    That was made by students under the direction of Dr. Carroll. it is located between the Lewis street parking garage and Fletcher hall.

I also didn't realize how big that property we gained in the sale of the horse farm could be in this possible housing addition. I copied a google map and aerial version of the village and park areas mentioned in the previous post.

14. Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I also didn't realize how big that property we gained in the sale of the horse farm could be in this possible housing addition. I copied a google map and aerial version of the village and park areas mentioned in the previous post.
    ........Sometimes this board reminds me of the liberal media outlets ........they never get the complete story and run with it.....so much goes on behind the scenes that very few know.....at one time when working with staff and administration, so much came down the pipe that people had no idea about.....yes and it was good that it didn't get to the public or media......I still hope that the medical property can be part of the horse farm/baseball park exchange in some fashion....but from the map, the new area is more than thought.....oh, in my recruiting, I would let the group see the "UL" park!!! Lol

15. Default Re: Overall enrollment rises for fourth consecutive year

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Saw this as well.

COMMITTEE APPROVES LOWEST FEE INCREASE IN A DECADE
    In a special meeting of the Executive Committee, the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System approved fee changes for its nine universities. The average increase of less than three percent is the lowest fee increase in a decade for the more than 90,000 students served by the state's largest system of higher education.

"With the budget stability afforded to us by the legislature and our governor, in addition to the full funding of TOPS, our universities were able to minimize cost increases on our students," UL System President and CEO Jim Henderson said. "We will continue to work with our state's leadership to obtain a stable and significant investment in higher education."

Two universities, Grambling State University and the University of New Orleans, are not implementing any fee increases. The remaining seven universities' increases range from $98 to $212.

Louisiana ranks last among its peers in the Southern Regional Education Board in total resources per student. Universities in Louisiana operate with $12,125 per student, while competitors in Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas provide $17,563, $17,510 and $15,370 per student respectively.

"The disparity puts Louisiana universities at a disadvantage in the recruitment and retention of faculty, especially at our research institutions," Henderson said.

Louisiana ranks seventh among its 16 peers in the SREB in total tuition and fees, and 15th in direct state support for colleges and universities on a per student basis.

"Higher education has evolved into a competitive enterprise," Henderson said. "While any increase in cost is significant to students, the average increase of $108 will provide valuable services in the classroom. Now, we must aggressively pursue a state policy environment and institutional cultures that ensure our universities are able to maximize the value received by our students."

Changes only apply to fees, tuition costs remain stable across the System. The Executive Committee met to consider time-sensitive agenda items after a scheduled Board meeting was cancelled due to Tropical Storm Cindy.

Other committee action;

Facilities Planning Committee

-UL Lafayette: approval to name the Student Athlete Performance Center the "Donald and Janice Mosing Student Athlete Performance Center."
    -UL Lafayette: approval to name the Welcome Center at Cade Farm the "Dr. Thomas J. Arceneaux Welcome Center."
    -UL Lafayette: approval to enter into a Ground Lease/Lease Back Agreement with Ragin' Cajun Facilities, Ic. to renovate and expand FG Mouton Hall to include the creation of the Maraist Financial Services Laboratory.
    -UL Lafayette: approval to name the B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration Financial Services Lab the "Maraist Financial Services Laboratory."

Thought this was interesting/funny;
    LA Tech: approval to exchange propoerty with Brister Baptist Church located in Arkansas.
    What's funny is seeing the board of Supervisors breaking the name law.

"UL Lafayette" is illegal.

LOL

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information