Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: RISE & Shine on Louisiana's Campus

Default Re: Demo Approved

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    This is funmy time was apple II's & IIc's, the Commadore 64, VHS, Analog to Digital converters, Pascal, assembly, PL1 language, cassettes with the intro to CD's, MTV, Sony walkman II. I did my 30 minute senior speech presentation on the technology behind CD's.
    I took PL1 after we got the Honeywell and had a grad assistant for good amount of classes. He took me up to the lab which had a room full of various manufacturer personal computers that were sent to the university to see how they worked and identify any issues. Some were the size of a four drawer file cabinet. That was the first time I saw a touch screen monitor which used a pen to make contact with the glass for a lunar lander simulation game. I have to say I had big eyes for all the "new age" stuff in that room.

Also remember playing what I think was the first version of Zork on the "games" portion of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I keep hearing about a new engineering building, but don't know how real it is. Can anyone confirm this, and if so, where are they planning on building it? In the same location? An entirely new building, or just expansion and renovation of Madison?
    My cousin said she saw the plans on zappys desk and its a new building behind the computer science hall

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    My cousin said she saw the plans on zappys desk and its a new building behind the computer science hall
    Can I ask where the computer science hall is located?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    The new Quad. Old McNaspy stadium.

I guess I think of Madison being behind the Computer Science Building, maybe part of the future Quad?

Oliver Hall, which has Madison in its back yard. So I don't understand where he's referencing.

Oliver Hall, which has Madison in its back yard. So I don't understand where he referencing.
    The parking lot behind Oliver
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The parking lot behind Oliver
    Ok, but the parking lot is in front of Oliver. And that's where the new quad is planned. They plan on building 'wings' off the existing Oliver, forming a new Quad in the process.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ok, but the parking lot is in front of Oliver. And that's where the new quad is planned. They plan on building 'wings' off the existing Oliver, forming a new Quad in the process.
    Never though of the parking lot as the front as the entrance faces Maddison

Never though of the parking lot as the front as the entrance faces Maddison
    Ha. Yeah, I guess it's a matter of perception as to what is front or back.

But whether it's considered the front or back, what I really hope is not true is that they would build in the area between Oliver and Girard park. I think the idea of a new quad there would be very nice.

Ha. Yeah, I guess it's a matter of perception as to what is front or back.

But whether it's considered the front or back, what I really hope is not true is that they would build in the area between Oliver and Girard park. I think the idea of a new quad there would be very nice.
    Would you then tear down or renovate the old Engineering building?

Would you then tear down or renovate the old Engineering building?
    Yes, that would be my first choiceto renovate and expand the current building. I don't know where else it could gowe are land-locked.

I think the master plan called for engineering to move into Wharton Hall, with all of the allied health studies moving to the old OLOL campus. Wish we knew more about the OLOL property: I thought the money we got from selling the Horse Farm was to buy it.

Yes, that would be my first choiceto renovate and expand the current building. I don't know where else it could gowe are land-locked.

I think the master plan called for engineering to move into Wharton Hall, with all of the allied health studies moving to the old OLOL campus. Wish we knew more about the OLOL property: I thought the money we got from selling the Horse Farm was to buy it.
    Renovating is probably not feasible. Would be extremely difficult to bring up to current code which more than likely would be required with an extensive renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Renovating is probably not feasible. Would be extremely difficult to bring up to current code which more than likely would be required with an extensive renovation.
    That's what I thought as well.

So as I see it, and I may be missing something, but I don't see where on the main campus we have enough room to put a new building that is bigger than Madison.

About the only places we we have left for any new buildings are the extension of Oliver, next to Griffin at the corner or Lewis & Rex or in the Quad next to Foster. This is why I asked the question to begin with, as I am very curious to know where they would put the new building.

15. Default Re: Demo Approved

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but are there any plans for a baseball hitting facility? Something like what Coastal has in place of the maintenance building would be nice.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information