Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Everything changed for UL after Davis injury at A&M

1. UL Football Everything changed for UL after Davis injury at A&M

UL's offense sputtered in the second half of a 45-21 loss at Texas A&M, after QB Jordan Davis got hurt

Default Re: Everything changed for UL after Davis injury at A&M

Davis was hurt right before half. First series in second could not throw well ball was sailing high. Where is our 2nd string QB?

Well technically our second string qb is redshirting

Refs kept the flags in their pockets for every one of those hits out of bounds. I recall 2 obvious ones that left our guys shaken up. Several other SEC crews called less obvious personal fouls in the night games. Not saying it lost the game, but it sure did hobble our QB which in turn rendered our offense ineffective in the second half.

Get some rest Davis. Southern Miss carved up ULM with from the little I saw was a similar offensive attack that we bring. I'm confident Davis can do the same.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Refs kept the flags in their pockets for every one of those hits out of bounds. I recall 2 obvious ones that left our guys shaken up. Several other SEC crews called less obvious personal fouls in the night games. Not saying it lost the game, but it sure did hobble our QB which in turn rendered our offense ineffective in the second half.

Get some rest Davis. Southern Miss carved up ULM with from the little I saw was a similar offensive attack that we bring. I'm confident Davis can do the same.
    That was my point in the other thread about this team winning 8 games. For the first half, they played incredibly against poorly coached SEC caliber talent. Their play should be the new expectation. If they can do that to the Aggies for 1/2 of the game, why couldn't they do that against lesser talent for a full game. You could see the defensive adjustments. About Davis, he should have been pulled by the start of the 4th. Leaving him out their until the end was irresponsible. He was hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    That was my point in the other thread about this team winning 8 games. For the first half, they played incredibly against poorly coached SEC caliber talent. Their play should be the new expectation. If they can do that to the Aggies for 1/2 of the game, why couldn't they do that against lesser talent for a full game. You could see the defensive adjustments. About Davis, he should have been pulled by the start of the 4th. Leaving him out their until the end was irresponsible. He was hurting.
    It was actually upsetting to see him in those last few series after we went down by 24+.

You are out of your gord if you think this team is capable of winning 8 games.

SLU = W
    Tulsa = L
    A&M = L
    ULM = toss up
    Idaho = L
    Texas St = L
    stAte = L
    South Alabama = toss up
    Ole Miss = L
    NMSU = L
    GaSo = W
    App St = L

This is my prediction. It has nothing to do with talent on the field. We are talented on offense. Talented on certain spots on defense. We lack execution and conditioning. All of that falls on the coaching staff. Mainly Hudspeth.

We are back to the Baldwin years folks. Limited scholarships and the players run the team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You are out of your gord if you think this team is capable of winning 8 games.

SLU = W
    Tulsa = L
    A&M = L
    ULM = toss up
    Idaho = L
    Texas St = L
    stAte = L
    South Alabama = toss up
    Ole Miss = L
    NMSU = L
    GaSo = W
    App St = L

This is my prediction. It has nothing to do with talent on the field. We are talented on offense. Talented on certain spots on defense. We lack execution and conditioning. All of that falls on the coaching staff. Mainly Hudspeth.

We are back to the Baldwin years folks. Limited scholarships and the players run the team.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Some people analyze the details of the game they just watched. Some people analyze the last x minutes that made the difference in score. Some people extend the best they saw to the next contests. Some extend the worst they saw to the next contests. Some see the immediate results against the entire season and/or career of their coach/program.

You somehow see 8 wins (which essentially means going undefeated in the SBC). We didn't go undefeated in the SBC any one of the 4 9-4 seasons. Saying "the first half play should be the new expectation" doesn't mean anything. There are positives to work with. But our greatest years under Hud had the starting QB hobbled (and still in the game). What I will agree was not smart, was calling a QB design run with a hobbled JD (especially on 3rd and 10 in the red zone). I think not pulling JD once the game was out of hand. is a sign that we don't have a true backup QB.

Personally, I wouldn't use the A&M game as a barometer for any of our future contests. Not the first half. or the second half. And until we see how well the rest of the SBC recruited/retained, coached/inspired those programs. we don't have a clue as to how we match up.

IMO, Nunez should have been given the ball once it became apparent JD was not able to throw the ball effectively. This guy has skills and looks to be a gamer too! Once ATM decided to make us one dimensional by stacking against the run, we needed someone to throw it and throw it well. As well as JD threw it in the first half, it was apparent to anyone watching he couldn't execute with the same accuracy with the problem he had using his legs in the throwing motion. And, he wasn't able to scramble, buy time and be a running threat which played right into ATM's hands.

Dion Ray was the other option, but given what we were up against, a running QB was not what we needed, IMO. The TO's in the second half by Davis turn the momentum in this game, though based on the adjustments made by ATM and how our defense couldn't hold serve, doubt the end result would have been different.

Well said

is he just beat up and will be good next week or is he injured and we need to look at another qb

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    is he just beat up and will be good next week or is he injured and we need to look at another qb
    Looked beat up. May need more than 1 week though.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Well said
    What was "well said" just second guessed your coach. You need to remember. this is the coach that won 4 bowl games in a row! How dare you second guess him. How dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Looked beat up. May need more than 1 week though.
    I'd find it odd that he had anything more than a sprained knee. and was still able to play on it in the second half. I could see him recouping pretty quick if it's just a sprain. But I'd game plan for this weekend with Ray and Nunez. His play this weekend (again if it's only a sprain) will probably be limited if any. Even if he's ok to play. I'd prepare around starting one of the others. We are probably going to need a backup to get us through this season. That wasn't a dirty hit. and it wasn't anything that couldn't happen 100 more times.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information