Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth: I really like our running backs

1. UL Football Hudspeth: I really like our running backs

Redshirt freshman Trey Ragas and true freshman Elijah Mitchell have emerged as UL’s top two rushers, and there are other options as well._

2. Default Re: Hudspeth: I really like our running backs

Good recruiting job coach and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good recruiting job coach and co.
    We bugged the staff for a year to make the offer to Mitchell. One person was a little slow in making the decision.

Default Re: Hudspeth: I really like our running backs

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    We bugged the staff for a year to make the offer to Mitchell. One person was a little slow in making the decision.
    Glad to say my doubts were wrong. Kid is a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Glad to say my doubts were wrong. Kid is a stud.
    Yep, from right in our backyard in lil ol Erath. Who would have thunk it?

The RBs look great! I am so impressed with Ragas. I am normally skeptical of a skill position player that redshirts at UL but he seems to be the real deal. Mitchell is a dynamic playmaker. They are certainly helped by the threat of a downfield passing attack and an offensive line that can hold blocks. Imagine what McGuire could have done in this offense!

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    The RBs look great! I am so impressed with Ragas. I am normally skeptical of a skill position player that redshirts at UL but he seems to be the real deal. Mitchell is a dynamic playmaker. They are certainly helped by the threat of a downfield passing attack and an offensive line that can hold blocks. Imagine what McGuire could have done in this offense!
    He only red shirted because of an injury in camp.

They still maintain the opinion that they can get Vermilion parish athletes to walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    They still maintain the opinion that they can get Vermilion parish athletes to walk on.
    Yep. That's something that has gone on for a long time as you know. This one had other options.

Yep. That's something that has gone on for a long time as you know. This one had other options.
    Oh yeah I know all about it. Slow play a Vermilion parish kid because everyone is a damn Cajun here. I had options, just was to darn stubborn to leave the state.

It won't ever change imo.

So coach how are you gonna improve the defense
    Hud: ohh ummmm look over here.RBsinjuries.tough schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    So coach how are you gonna improve the defense
    Hud: ohh ummmm look over here.RBsinjuries.tough schedule
    I'm confused, for years now people have been begging for hud to totally stay away from the defense and let his DC's do their job.now people want hud to fix the defense?

13. UL Football Re: Hudspeth: I really like our running backs

Oh yeah I know all about it. Slow play a Vermilion parish kid because everyone is a damn Cajun here. I had options, just was to darn stubborn to leave the state.

All things equal you take the local. That's a strategic decision. All things are rarely equal. You may be full up on running backs, but are desperate for a linebacker and there's one who you've rated equally from Shreveport to the running back from Carencro.

If you truly think a kid is simply too immature for a scholarship this year you offer the preferred walk on. If he makes the two deep you need to then deliver the scholarship.

14. Default Re: Hudspeth: I really like our running backs

Guess I don't catch this logic.you judge whom you think worthy of a s-ship based on your evaluation of his abilitysometimes this could be skewed by immediate needs and what they can provide.you offer based on this without regard go where they live, although it is great to get local kidsencourage borderline kids to walk on and it is then up to the kid to prove himself and btw have seen many through the years that have earned s-ships. So I wonder how many from da parish we missed on that we offered???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Guess I don't catch this logic.you judge whom you think worthy of a s-ship based on your evaluation of his abilitysometimes this could be skewed by immediate needs and what they can provide.you offer based on this without regard go where they live, although it is great to get local kidsencourage borderline kids to walk on and it is then up to the kid to prove himself and btw have seen many through the years that have earned s-ships. So I wonder how many from da parish we missed on that we offered???
    I can think of a QB, and it eventually cost Bustle his job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information