Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: post Texas A&M: Hud Accountability Index

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    To me, regardless of your sentiment on this subject, there will have to be certain criteria met in order for our administration to make a decision on the head coach. Stating what you wish would happen, or even believe should happen, are pretty meaningless when weighed against the specific criteria that will force a coaching change.

If you want Hud fired before other parameters are ready, it will have to be a "termination with cause". That will require the cause or causes to happen, and trigger our administration into action. I think some causes have already occurred. By themselves, they haven't warranted termination. What they did do is lower the threshold for future cause severity to trigger our admin into action.

The parameters outside of a "termination with cause" that will force action can combine and trigger action. That hasn't happened yet. Personally, I think we're waiting for a juncture of those parameters. The parameters are converging.

Low enough buyout coupled with severely bad football - terminate
    Low enough buyout with prolonged mediocre football - terminate
    High buyout value with severely bad football - campaign for funds / terminate
    Very low buyout with mediocre football - terminate
    One or more recognizably monster boosters takes action (won't be public) - terminate

My assessment is that we are not at or even near our administration's trigger point. It's the money mainly. Even if we could raise the money right now, they'd feel like they pulled funds away from another necessity - and that could very well be true. We made our bed with this contract. And I think we'll live it out, regardless of the price we may ultimately pay.

IMO - We will see no activity wrt Hud during this season - no matter what. I think we're well into next season, if football is floundering, that things will get ugly in the fan base... but I still think Hud remains until this and next season come to a close.
    I read your synopsis about where schools are in the firing process and I can feel a couple of seats, like Riley's at Nebraska heading to a slow to medium burn. P5 problems often end with a new coach. Unfortunately I think our deficiencies involve players, and volume of players. How do we get players who can play ,know how to play assignment football, and avoid trouble?

2. UL Football Re: Official fire hud thread

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    As a longtime Cajun fan, I still vividly remember 40 years of going to No Bowl. It might take another 40 years of frequent bowl attendance to downplay that aspect of success for Louisiana. imo
    Pride, you know I love ya, but you're just wrong. Your achievement bar needs to stay at eight wins, conference championships, and bowls last

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Pride, you know I love ya, but you're just wrong. Your achievement bar needs to stay at eight wins, conference championships, and bowls last
    Absolutely! Bowls are the easiest to come by.

8 wins and Sun Belt titles should be the standard.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Official fire hud thread

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I read your synopsis about where schools are in the firing process and I can feel a couple of seats, like Riley's at Nebraska heading to a slow to medium burn. P5 problems often end with a new coach. Unfortunately I think our deficiencies involve players, and volume of players. How do we get players who can play ,know how to play assignment football, and avoid trouble?
    P5 programs have the money to terminate coaches much quicker. They have bigger buyout clauses, but they have established a much larger/faster group of boosters to yank on when they need that money. One thing about the Les Miles buyout that should be in our future buyout (if it isn't now)... he is only paid the difference in the yearly money owed from LSU and money he makes at any other job (that includes his Fox Sports money).

Hud wouldn't be in line for that kind of job. But at his age, he'd certainly go get another coaching job. He'd either end up as a head coach in the FCS, another G5 FBS, or on the staff of a P5. That money should be subtracted from the monies we'd owe him. I hope we get that in the next contract if it isn't in his current contract.

As for your players/athletes comment... every program is dealing with young student-athlete issues. It is available to every team that wants to take risks. But in every respect, the issues with student-athletes that occur as a rule rather than by exception, are all due to the methods of the head coach.

If we lose this game on Saturday this thread will hit 50 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If we lose this game on Saturday this thread will hit 50 pages.
    If we lose Saturday it will rival the Flood thread in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    This site will go down with all the posting that will happen if we lose. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I think it's a shame for it to take a loss to ULM to wake up people. This program has had very few wins of any significance under Hud. The Football program is a bottom 50 FBS program and a few SBC wins aren't going to change that. New direction is needed, this University can do much better.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    CE You misunderstood me. Winning bowl games is not the pinnacle of success. I just disagree with the notion of they mean nothing. In the current environment we should expect to be invited and win bowl games routinely.
    We all want to win a conference championship, but I never had that experience yet.
    We have surpassed 8 wins and won 4 bowl games on the field in the last 6 years and you cannot regard that accomplishment as trivial to fit your agenda. If we do this a couple more times, it is inevitable that we win the Belt.

CE You misunderstood me. Winning bowl games is not the pinnacle of success. I just disagree with the notion of they mean nothing. In the current environment we should expect to be invited and win bowl games routinely.
    We all want to win a conference championship, but I never had that experience yet.
    We have surpassed 8 wins and won 4 bowl games on the field in the last 6 years and you cannot regard that accomplishment as trivial to fit your agenda. If we do this a couple more times, it is inevitable that we win the Belt.
    Faulty logic, Pride. Your causality is backwards. 8 wins and a bowl makes a conference championship likely, but never guarantees it. 8 wins and a conference championship guarantees a bowl every year.

11. Default Re: Official fire hud thread

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Faulty logic, Pride. Your causality is backwards. 8 wins and a bowl makes a conference championship likely, but never guarantees it. 8 wins and a conference championship guarantees a bowl every year.
    Salty logic

We can disagree, but I still stay you need multiple goals to measure success. Coach Robe has a goal to win 20 games before you lose 10 for a reason. That reason is that it helps set the path to ultimate goals. Conf Champs should always be a goal, but it is possible to win the National Championship without winning your own conference if your team is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Yes.

To whom much is given, much is expected. The level of the program does not match the salary. I believe he has taken this thing as far as his capabilities and temperament will allow.

At this point, we have to ask the question of whether we are satisfied with going Bowling more often than not, no big wins, no conference championships, or do we want more?
    You and I don't often agree completely but I definitely endorse this post.

We can disagree, but I still stay you need multiple goals to measure success. Coach Robe has a goal to win 20 games before you lose 10 for a reason. That reason is that it helps set the path to ultimate goals. Conf Champs should always be a goal, but it is possible to win the National Championship without winning your own conference if your team is good enough.
    Pride, baseball and football are entirely different animals. Coach Rob has goals because the season is very long, so he divides it into quarters. If you reach each goal 1st, 2nd and 3rd, it's more than likely you are in a regional. Nothing wrong with measured goals.

Football coaches do it as well, out of conference schedule (Preseason) and then conference schedule. I don't like calling any part of a schedule preseason (meaning they don't matter) because this is where a number of G5 programs have raised their brands, with upsets against better competition.

I don't have any problem with your statements. Each supporter needs to decide what is their measuring stick or standard. After watching App. State and Georgia Southern come into the conference and win championships while we have no outright championships, going bowling is secondary. Coach Hudspeth set the standard at 8 wins plus a bowl game, while it's not entirely fair to expect those results every season, it is fair to say we should be competing at the top of the worst FBS conference every season with our resources and facilities. We have not done so in the past 3 seasons. That to me, is not acceptable.

Just winning the SBC championship is not enough, even though we have not even achieved that. Being competitive with Boise at home or other G5 top teams, or even any La. team not with a cat mascot is the minimum goal, imo.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread Information