Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread: post Texas A&M: Hud Accountability Index

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I would say App St and Ark St do not have markedly better programs than us. Today they are up and we are down. Two years from now it will most likely be reversed. Such is life as a D1 have not. As for sales pitch, we are looked at as being a notch below Tech and Tulane. They have a better conference, better tradition and better TV deals. Yes we have a nice Athletic Facility, but that is just window dressing. To compete with them as well as SMiss and Houston we need to either take chances or bend the rules. We tried the second one and got caught. We are now doing the first (with less than stellar results).

I honestly don't have all the answers, but I think our upside is limited and our downside great. We could easily make an expensive bad hire and be the new Texas St. I wish I had some of your optimism, but I do not see how us or anyone else in the SBC can really compete on the D1 level. We have to get out of this conference. IMHO nothing else matters.
    App St is miles and miles ahead of us, as far as stability and consistency. We've never beaten them in conference for goodness sake.

Disagree totally with your last paragraph. Our only limiters are ourselves and we are really good at it.

Default Re: Official fire hud thread

I would be very disappointed if we fire hud and maggard brings in some Missouri assistant or X coach. They have always been mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Disagree 1000%
    What? That means everything I said was incorrect AND by an order of magnitude. Looks like I missed the boat with that post.

Hey, I'm glad you guys think we can be a football power with the right coach. I would love to be proved wrong. I just don't think that a mid sized school playing in the SBC from a very poor state can't make it big in the high dollar world of college football.
    And for the record I am not saying give up. I am just suggesting that our singular focus should be getting out of the Sun Belch and into a better conference situation. If firing HUD helps us in that endeavor I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    App St is miles and miles ahead of us, as far as stability and consistency. We've never beaten them in conference for goodness sake.

Disagree totally with your last paragraph. Our only limiters are ourselves and we are really good at it.
    Are they better? Yes, but they are not miles ahead. They lose to power5 schools just like the rest of us. Yes they had a close loss last year.big deal we have all had one of those moments. Every other time they have tried to complete with the big boys they have been pistol whipped.

Are they better? Yes, but they are not miles ahead. They lose to power5 schools just like the rest of us. Yes they had a close loss last year.big deal we have all had one of those moments. Every other time they have tried to complete with the big boys they have been pistol whipped.
    They have been in FBS for 3 years and have 2 double digit win seasons. Give them a few more years and they will be closer to Boise state than we are to them now. The fact that they stepped in this conference and owned it and us is exactly the problem. They don't accept excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    They have been in FBS for 3 years and have 2 double digit win seasons. Give them a few more years and they will be closer to Boise state than we are to them now. The fact that they stepped in this conference and owned it and us is exactly the problem. They don't accept excuses.
    We shall see. They have a dynamic 4 year starter at QB. As we know, it is difficult to replace those guys at the SBC level. Also, their coach is probably due a P5 job if he gets 10 wins again. If they are still good next year I may be a believer.

We shall see. They have a dynamic 4 year starter at QB. As we know, it is difficult to replace those guys at the SBC level. Also, their coach is probably due a P5 job if he gets 10 wins again. If they are still good next year I may be a believer.
    4 years in and their coach is due for a P5 job, we are a graveyard. Total different mentality, they are "why not us" and we are "it won't be us and let me tell you why"

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    4 years in and their coach is due for a P5 job, we are a graveyard. Total different mentality, they are "why not us" and we are "it won't be us and let me tell you why"
    Yes we are a graveyard, which is why I am highly skeptical we can attract a great coach at a reasonable price.

What? That means everything I said was incorrect AND by an order of magnitude. Looks like I missed the boat with that post.

Hey, I'm glad you guys think we can be a football power with the right coach. I would love to be proved wrong. I just don't think that a mid sized school playing in the SBC from a very poor state can't make it big in the high dollar world of college football.
    And for the record I am not saying give up. I am just suggesting that our singular focus should be getting out of the Sun Belch and into a better conference situation. If firing HUD helps us in that endeavor I am all for it.
    Tech is miles ahead of us. Their facilities are below ours and they they pay their coach half of what we pay ours.

Yes we are a graveyard, which is why I am highly skeptical we can attract a great coach at a reasonable price.
    Going to have to get a recent p5 fire like a strong

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    ACT scandal. Trump video. 13 players arrested. Getting blown up by G5 teams. I'm done. Sign me up. For $1mm a year I expect more. I thought we were past this.
    I agree with letting the season play out. Really what choice do we have but this message is the right one. At a mill per year in this conference we have the right to expect more. No bowl = Hud gone

New AD has the opportunity to put his stamp on the program and show Cajun Nation he is serious

Hud has the opportunity to save his job

Let's see what happens

I for one am looking forward to the trip to College Station. I love the Aggie Nation and their entire stadium atmosphere. Plus I may be the only one thinking we have a shot

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    I agree with letting the season play out. Really what choice do we have but this message is the right one. At a mill per year in this conference we have the right to expect more. No bowl = Hud gone

New AD has the opportunity to put his stamp on the program and show Cajun Nation he is serious

Hud has the opportunity to save his job

Let's see what happens

I for one am looking forward to the trip to College Station. I love the Aggie Nation and their entire stadium atmosphere. Plus I may be the only one thinking we have a shot
    Probably so

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Recruiting has tailed off dramatically since we stopped cheating (Saunders). Also, the loss of scholarships has made the problem worse. I actually think we have a good group of coaches. It looks like kids are just not interested in what HUD and staff are selling.
    I still am not sure if anyone can do much better without cheating. We have very little to offer a high caliber D1 football athlete other than playing time. Until we get out of the Sun Belch and into the AAC or comparable league any coach will be fighting an uphill battle.
    There's several flaws in your theory. First, the 6 athletes associated with the ACT scandal never helped the program. We went 9-4 in Hud's first year. prior to any of it anyway. We've already analyzed and come to fairly good conclusions on that. Hud is a hype and energy coach. He had Bustle's well coached athletes, and he added a level of energy and drive that Bustle could not produce. Hud road it hard until he had no more Bustle coached recruits.

I disagree that we cannot be competitive in the SBC. It makes no sense to me to place a bunch of SBC schools (the majority of our schedule) above us in attractability to student-athletes. We have more now to recruit with than we did when Hud went 9-4 four years in a row. And we were in the SBC.

I talked to a former assistant under Hud. I asked him to describe Hud. He looked at me and said with a little drama in his eye, "Me, Me, Me". If he were Nick Saban, we could probably give him a pass. but he hasn't proven to be Nick Saban.

My biggest concern of all is that Hud doesn't click with high school coaches and/or parents of student-athletes now. That's a program killer. I don't have direct evidence of that. But I think from the drip, drip, drip. that compartment of the ship has taken on more water than we can bale.

14. Default Re: Official fire hud thread

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    There's several flaws in your theory. First, the 6 athletes associated with the ACT scandal never helped the program. We went 9-4 in Hud's first year. prior to any of it anyway. We've already analyzed and come to fairly good conclusions on that. Hud is a hype and energy coach. He had Bustle's well coached athletes, and he added a level of energy and drive that Bustle could not produce. Hud road it hard until he had no more Bustle coached recruits.

I disagree that we cannot be competitive in the SBC. It makes no sense to me to place a bunch of SBC schools (the majority of our schedule) above us in attractability to student-athletes. We have more now to recruit with than we did when Hud went 9-4 four years in a row. And we were in the SBC.

I talked to a former assistant under Hud. I asked him to describe Hud. He looked at me and said with a little drama in his eye, "Me, Me, Me". If he were Nick Saban, we could probably give him a pass. but he hasn't proven to be Nick Saban.

My biggest concern of all is that Hud doesn't click with high school coaches and/or parents of student-athletes now. That's a program killer. I don't have direct evidence of that. But I think from the drip, drip, drip. that compartment of the ship has taken on more water than we can bale.
    I totally agree that "Hud is a hype and energy coach" which is why I think it was a mistake for him to take on a bigger coaching role following his raise.

Micromanaging and "hype and energy" don't mix.

Delegate and inspire is my recommendation, if it's not to late.

So we just give up and accept the loser mentality.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread Information