Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Halftime Retention

UL Football Halftime Retention

The entire student section left at half time

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Can't blame them. We struggle to beat this team.
    Then we want to be considered "top notch?
    Effingjoke

Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Sadly, I'm afraid where they went.

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

The game was not something we expected. But we won. What I saw at the half with the score 35-35 was 3/4 of the students left. Now that's something that the Administration should see into. Why is the question. I have a grandchild at UL and she sits on the student side. Loves football and attends every game. She is the one that brought the matter up to me. "Hey Pop, did you notice all the students that left at halftime"? This subject has been brought up many time and no one has the answer. Maybe this university is not a football school and you can't reverse that.

5. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs Southeastern LA

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    The game was not something we expected. But we won. What I saw at the half with the score 35-35 was 3/4 of the students left. Now that's something that the Administration should see into. Why is the question. I have a grandchild at UL and she sits on the student side. Loves football and attends every game. She is the one that brought the matter up to me. "Hey Pop, did you see all the students that left at halftime"? This subject has been brought up many time and no one has the answer. Maybe this university is not a football school and you can't reverse that.
    From a "things to pay attention to" perspective, it doesn't get better than a 35-35 halftime score.

The ones that left at half, now think football is 100% scoring all the time.

Seriously though, keeping interest is a responsibility of the half time activities and these days people have super short attention spans.

Default Re: Halftime Retention

The young folks that I was with had trouble keeping there phones charged from tailgating and the football game. It's about football product and priorities.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We're lucky they showed up for kickoff. They were staring at the sun. I'm not sure if the quality of football had anything to do with their leaving at halftime. It's becoming a "tradition". A lot of fans left around me in the second half. It was definitely the poor special teams and defense that disgusted them. I'm sure our coaches and their surrogates have a load of excuses and deflections.

I can only hope our coaching staff saw things they've got a slight amount of football knowledge to correct. They get so full of themselves, and they're led by a monster egomaniac. so it worries me that they won't do anything but yell and stomp around a little harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We're lucky they showed up for kickoff. They were staring at the sun. I'm not sure if the quality of football had anything to do with their leaving at halftime. It's becoming a "tradition". A lot of fans left around me in the second half. It was definitely the poor special teams and defense that disgusted them. I'm sure our coaches and their surrogates have a load of excuses and deflections.

I can only hope our coaching staff saw things they've got a slight amount of football knowledge to correct. They get so full of themselves, and they're led by a monster egomaniac. so it worries me that they won't do anything but yell and stomp around a little harder.
    Did we lose the game?

Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sadly, I'm afraid where they went.
    I was initially impressed by how many students did show up. Saying 3/4 left at half is being generous, I would say more like 90% were gone when I looked up at the start of the third quarter.

They sat there and baked in the sun early on and then left when the sun went down and things cooled off some. The band should not have to wear those heavy uniforms in that heat.

At 25 bucks a ticket, I wasn't going anywhere until the, "show" was over. It's a little steep for the product HUD is putting on the new turf.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Did we lose the game?
    Are you insinuating that beating SLU 51-48 at home was a great UL coaching effort? Maybe we're a little different in how we look at things. But I don't just walk away going "all is good - we won". I get troubled looking at a schedule that has 11 better teams to be played. Seven on the road. And then tell myself "all is good and going according to plan".

But yes, we did win. An FCS team came into Cajun Field and lost the game in the final seconds. All is good.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I dont think fans/students leaving before the end of the game has anything to do with the opponent, how we are playing, or is even football related. If the game is tied at half with 70 points scored, how can anyone say it's a football problem? While not good "football" from a technical perspective, the back and forth scoring is what most fans want to see. I'm not sure what the rationale is other than short attention spans and I'm equally perplexed on how or even if you can solve it.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Did we lose the game?
    LMFAO.

This is why we are where we are Dudes like this.

I thought fans like to watch their teams win against other schools that any other state would know who they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I dont think fans/students leaving before the end of the game has anything to do with the opponent, how we are playing, or is even football related. If the game is tied at half with 70 points scored, how can anyone say it's a football problem? While not good "football" from a technical perspective, the back and forth scoring is what most fans want to see. I'm not sure what the rationale is other than short attention spans and I'm equally perplexed on how or even if you can solve it.
    Yeah, your comments remind me of the Auggie days (sure wish I could recall that OC's name) where we'd lose a game 48 to 45 but most fans left happy because of the fireworks on the field.

What do you guys think of the new fan experience? I was disappointed about not being able to find Deanos pizza and still crappie nachos.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information