Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Coaching situation?

Default Coaching situation?

Can we get a new coach without a buyout penalty this year for Hud? I believe he has no years left on the current contract. I see the same fundamental flaws in the team this year as I have seen in the past 3 years. I like Hud but if UL cannot get the $1MM salary ROI from him, then it's time to make some changes and make them quick. What is RPers opinions on this subject?

Default Re: Coaching situation?

I think his contract had been extended either 1 or 2 more so we will have a buyout. It might end up being worth it. The defense last night was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I think his contract had been extended either 1 or 2 more so we will have a buyout. It might end up being worth it. The defense last night was pathetic.
    Defense AND special teams! They should NEVER give up 3 return scores. One is always bad enough. Should've beaten them by at least 2 scores.

Isn't Hud the special teams coach?

5. UL Football Re: Coaching situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    If he hasn't earned a salary bump he hasn't earned an extension. Thinking he's here through 2020, 2019 for sure.

Well that sucks for the fans. Once again, thanks SF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Can we get a new coach without a buyout penalty this year for Hud? I believe he has no years left on the current contract. I see the same fundamental flaws in the team this year as I have seen in the past 3 years. I like Hud but if UL cannot get the $1MM salary ROI from him, then it's time to make some changes and make them quick. What is RPers opinions on this subject?
    I heard that Jerry Baldwin is available?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    I heard that Jerry Baldwin is available?
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Hud has done a good job given the cards he has been dealt. Another coach is unlikely to have more success. As long as UL is in the "prestigious" Sunbelt, their resources will be limited which effects facilities and recruiting. Getting into a better conference is another story in itself. Due to the precarious state of the future TV contracts, the P5 is more likely to consolidate than expand, which will effect any G5 expansion. Most college football fans are unrealistic, but some of you are outright delusional.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Hud has done a good job given the cards he has been dealt. Another coach is unlikely to have more success. As long as UL is in the "prestigious" Sunbelt, their resources will be limited which effects facilities and recruiting. Getting into a better conference is another story in itself. Due to the precarious state of the future TV contracts, the P5 is more likely to consolidate than expand, which will effect any G5 expansion. Most college football fans are unrealistic, but some of you are outright delusional.
    Get bent ____ wad.

Arkansas St, App St seem to be doing more with less. May be losing to P5 schools but at least competitive. Close games for many of them. UL has taken three steps forward and now 2 back. I cannot sugar coat that turd any more than that. We have what we need to progress. If the sunbelt is the issue, why have we not destroyed all our conference mates with less facilities. Eventually we need to get back to the reality of the situation. Texas is the most funded school and their record shows the coaches issues, just like ours in the poorer end of the scale.

Go tell that to Scott Satterfield of App. St. and Neil Brown of Troy. Troy was ranked last year and App. St. had Miami at their house and barely lost to Tennessee. Both of these coaches make half of what HUD makes.

Paradise is where you are. Outside of LSU we have the best facilities in the state and arguably the best of the G5 in the region.

Every year HUD has an excuse. This year it was the schedule, last year it was Anthony Jennings, 2015 it was construction

It can be done. Go win some games.

I will say it again, since Rebowe and Saunders left the talent has not been here.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Go tell that to Scott Satterfield of App. St. and Neil Brown of Troy. Troy was ranked last year and App. St. had Miami at their house and barely lost to Tennessee. Both of these coaches make half of what HUD makes.

Paradise is where you are. Outside of LSU we have the best facilities in the state and arguably the best of the G5 in the region.

Every year HUD has an excuse. This year it was the schedule, last year it was Anthony Jennings, 2015 it was construction

It can be done. Go win some games.

I will say it again, since Rebowe and Saunders left the talent has not been here.
    Of course the talent is down since Saunders left. He was cheating to get those guys.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Of course the talent is down since Saunders left. He was cheating to get those guys.
    Everyone is cheating.

15. UL Football Re: Coaching situation?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Everyone is cheating.
    Yet we're the one getting caught over and over. Is there a major in cheating yet keeping your hands clean?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information