Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And in the years after our first bowl wins, we averaged 24,000-25,000 per game. Even when important conference games were at home, good weather etc. we still had trouble drawing bigger numbers.
    IMO, it has to do with the conference we are in, the resultant level of competition, the perception with the Acadiana fan base of our lower G5 status, the lack of atmosphere at our games, and the overall fan experience from attending our games. The potential is there. All of the above has to change. And, on top of that, we need to be winning and not just over SE LA and ULM.

We need to be the second best team in the state period. Getting embarrassed by tech these last two years didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    IMO, it has to do with the conference we are in, the resultant level of competition, the perception with the Acadiana fan base of our lower G5 status, the lack of atmosphere at our games, and the overall fan experience from attending our games. The potential is there. All of the above has to change. And, on top of that, we need to be winning and not just over SE LA and ULM.
    Good summation.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    We need to be the second best team in the state period. Getting embarrassed by tech these last two years didn't help.
    True. Not just by Tech.

I really hope Tech agrees to some home and homes in the near future. I love to hate those guys.it's a good rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I really hope Tech agrees to some home and homes in the near future. I love to hate those guys.it's a good rivalry.
    Anyone hear approximately how many tickets SLU fans sold? What would be your guesses as to how many fans they bring? What type of crowd do y'all think they will bring, compared more to Nichols/Northwestern or McNeese/Southern ?

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Anyone hear approximately how many tickets SLU fans sold? What would be your guesses as to how many fans they bring? What type of crowd do y'all think they will bring, compared more to Nichols/Northwestern or McNeese/Southern ?
    Most SLU fans will be in New Orleans to watch the Tigahs. They are LSU fans first and foremost. I'm guessing more like a Nicholls crowd

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Changing mine with the much improved forecast.

9. Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Not a cloud in the sky.

10. Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

we need to have over 20K there on a night like they are predicting. Anything less would be a huge dissappointment.

11. Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

My prediction is 24731

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Most SLU fans will be in New Orleans to watch the Tigahs. They are LSU fans first and foremost.
    As a collective, spot on.

Crowd size.woefully under 20k.

14. UL Football Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

I'm thinking SLU will bring over a thousand, they're excited about their program and are confident they're going home happy.

There isn't much excitement. I usually have a squad of 15-20 or so tailgating and going to the game. So far Im riding solo.

With that being said, reported attendance will be 22,567, and actual attendance will be less than 15,000.

Until there is something to excite the program (good wins, new coach, Tim Tebow somehow getting another year of eligibility and coming play), attendance will be the lowest in the Hud era.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information