Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't think we will come in droves. We have hit a ceiling with our attendance, even in good years. I don't think even a great start like you suggest would drastically change our attendance figures although I do think we would see an obvious bump. I agree with Cajunsmike, I think the downturn in the economy has been understated in regards to our fanbase and its support of UL. Last year, the tailgating area, even for the first game against Mcneese, has been a major disappointment and the attendance reflected this.
    We can agree to disagree.valid points too.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    going 4-8 the year prior also had a lot to do with it.

we start 3-0 we'll have huge crowds, it would be the buzz around town and you know how lafayette is, everyone wants to be at the cool place. 3-0 with a win over A&M, we are the cool thing
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I don't agree, the ceiling is far more than 35K. Granted being mediocre in the SBC 35K is awesome. We need sustained high win seasons with being competitive with P5 teams. All that is the future.

The question is would a very unlikely 3/0 start coupled with homecoming have a chance of 35K. Yes, but we're not going to find out.
    Homecoming is not on September 23. It is the Saturday before Thanksgiving in November

4. Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

I was relying on someone else telling me that. It seemed early, but never checked it or, thanks

Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

I am guessing 19,728.
    The first game always draws a litter better than average.

6. UL Football Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

I'll tell you this, we'll show as little of the offense and defense as possible and still muster a win. With that said I'm still looking for a comfortable win.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    going 4-8 the year prior also had a lot to do with it.

we start 3-0 we'll have huge crowds, it would be the buzz around town and you know how lafayette is, everyone wants to be at the cool place. 3-0 with a win over A&M, we are the cool thing
    And in the years after our first bowl wins, we averaged 24,000-25,000 per game. Even when important conference games were at home, good weather etc. we still had trouble drawing bigger numbers.

And in the years after our first bowl wins, we averaged 24,000-25,000 per game. Even when important conference games were at home, good weather etc. we still had trouble drawing bigger numbers.
    were we 3-0 any of those years against a power house P5?

Bowl games leading to increased attendance only are a factor if they are part of a bigger win streak, and even then the effect is limited due to time between the Bowl and the next game.

Win streaks lead to increased attendance. With every win, the bar is raised. If you have a huge road win during the streak that really raises the bar.

If by God's grace we start 3-0 with a wins at Tulsa and at A&M, the ULM game is guaranteed 30k attendance. More with good weather.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'll tell you this, we'll show as little of the offense and defense as possible and still muster a win.
    I'm pretty sure that's what we've been doing the last 2.5 years, showing little offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    2-1 with a strong showing at College Station would generate good numbers for Monroe.
    Sadly, this team under HUD, will get embarrassed in College Station.

I can take being embarrassed with athleticism (which will likely be the case with A&M), but can't take being embarrassed due to poor game planning, lack of effort, lack of disciplineI think you get my take.

I may be wrong, but I sense we'll be more fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball this year, possibly more than any other season with Hud. That's not saying we'll be better than the other Hud teams, but I like the make-up of this team a lot. If our fundamentals are solid, then it will be about game planning and athleticism.

We'll see soon enough, but Hall and Lucas may be the best pair of coordinators we've had here in a very long time.

We'll have more than Georgia State

Texas A&M will be fired up since their coach is on a seat hotter than the sun.I do not see this going well for us.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information