Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    I think 18000 is about right. That is low compared to past. However i do not think people realize the economic slowdown impact to us

Maybe I'm not looking for hard enough, but has there been any promotion for this game?? I literally didn't even realize game 1 was this weekend until late last week.

But we all know that the purple an p-ss are playing in the super dome. All over TV and the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessBuffoon View Post
    So you think if we open with a 3-0 win over SLU that all it will take to pack the house?
    You misunderstood my post. If we open the year at 3-0, wins over SELU, Tulsa & aTm, we will draw 35,000+ easily for week 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    You misunderstood my post. If we open the year at 3-0, wins over SELU, Tulsa & aTm, we will draw 35,000+ easily for week 4.
    Unless it is raining.lol

I would agree with this although I don't know if we'd push 35,000 but it would be close. However, this will not happen so lets make alternative plans.

9. Default Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

Looks like everyday the weather forecast gets better and better. That is good news for us. Now it is down to a 20% chance of rain for the day and I think it is even less in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would agree with this although I don't know if we'd push 35,000 but it would be close. However, this will not happen so lets make alternative plans.
    My whole point was the fact that Cajun fans would push aside their anger or feelings towards Hud and come in droves if we open 3-0.

2-1 with a strong showing at College Station would generate good numbers for Monroe.

My whole point was the fact that Cajun fans would push aside their anger or feelings towards Hud and come in droves if we open 3-0.
    I don't think we will come in droves. We have hit a ceiling with our attendance, even in good years. I don't think even a great start like you suggest would drastically change our attendance figures although I do think we would see an obvious bump. I agree with Cajunsmike, I think the downturn in the economy has been understated in regards to our fanbase and its support of UL. Last year, the tailgating area, even for the first game against Mcneese, has been a major disappointment and the attendance reflected this.

13. UL Football Re: SLU @ Louisiana Attendance Prediction Thread

I don't agree, the ceiling is far more than 35K. Granted being mediocre in the SBC 35K is awesome. We need sustained high win seasons with being competitive with P5 teams. All that is the future.

The question is would a very unlikely 3/0 start coupled with homecoming have a chance of 35K. Yes, but we're not going to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I don't agree, the ceiling is far more than 35K. Granted being mediocre in the SBC 35K is awesome. We need sustained high win seasons with being competitive with P5 teams. All that is the future.

The question is would a very unlikely 3/0 start coupled with homecoming have a chance of 35K. Yes, but we're not going to find out.
    Agreed.

I'll go further.

If the Louisiana program put together a couple of years of 12-0 or 11-1 Boise type seasons, we would lead the G5 in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't think we will come in droves. We have hit a ceiling with our attendance, even in good years. I don't think even a great start like you suggest would drastically change our attendance figures although I do think we would see an obvious bump. I agree with Cajunsmike, I think the downturn in the economy has been understated in regards to our fanbase and its support of UL. Last year, the tailgating area, even for the first game against Mcneese, has been a major disappointment and the attendance reflected this.
    going 4-8 the year prior also had a lot to do with it.

we start 3-0 we'll have huge crowds, it would be the buzz around town and you know how lafayette is, everyone wants to be at the cool place. 3-0 with a win over A&M, we are the cool thing

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information