Thread: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: Everything you need to know about 2017 season

1. UL Football Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: Everything you need to know about 2017 season

All indications are that this Louisiana-Lafayette football team will be better than the squads that went 10-15 over the past two seasons.

The problem for the Ragin’ Cajuns: Thanks to a daunting schedule, their record may not show that improvement.

Default Re: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: Everything you need to know about 2017 season

It blows me away that we can get the major sports networks to use Louisiana, and yet this po-dunk newspaper gets to UL-Lafayette us to death. How? Just how?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    It blows me away that we can get the major sports networks to use Louisiana, and yet this po-dunk newspaper gets to UL-Lafayette us to death. How? Just how?
    This paper, along with all the other schools in Louisiana will be the last to call us Louisiana. Most probably will never. We need to focus our energy on big picture.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: Everything you need to know about 2017 season

We _____ about everything. Look at the end of the day we got ESPN to call us what we want. To me that is much bigger then worrying about what the Advertiser, Picayune or Advocate call us. If ESPN, FOX Sports, CBS Sports, SI and other national media call us UL/Louisiana than I don't give a craps azz what those papers call us.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    We _____ about everything. Look at the end of the day we got ESPN to call us what we want. To me that is much bigger then worrying about what the Advertiser, Picayune or Advocate call us. If ESPN, FOX Sports, CBS Sports, SI and other national media call us UL/Louisiana than I don't give a craps azz what those papers call us.
    Right on

6. Default Re: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: Everything you need to know about 2017 season

They are using these stories to sell papers which means the story is actually more valuable than the advertising.

Can you envision a paper purposely getting their advertisers name wrong?

Default Re: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: Everything you need to know about 2017 season

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    All indications are that this Louisiana-Lafayette football team will be better than the squads that went 10-15 over the past two seasons.

The problem for the Ragin' Cajuns: Thanks to a daunting schedule, their record may not show that improvement.

Once again, Thanks for nothing Dan!

No I totally agree with you! I think I came across wrong. I'm not ____ing and moaning, I just can't believe how petty it is. All the major networks agree to call us what we want, but "The Adovcate" is going to keep fighting the good fight.give me a break.

9. Default Re: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: Everything you need to know about 2017 season

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    No I totally agree with you! I think I came across wrong. I'm not ____ing and moaning, I just can't believe how petty it is. All the major networks agree to call us what we want, but "The Adovcate" is going to keep fighting the good fight.give me a break.
    I'm with you CC. I was not attacking you, just in general sick of the fact that we will always have someone that does not call us what we want, screw them. Let's keep fighting the good fight and they will eventually come around, and if they don't screw'em

10. Default Re: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns: Everything you need to know about 2017 season

The impressive thing is in 12 football opponents 8 of them call us Louisiana on their scheduleThank you Tulsa, Texas A&M, Texas State, Arkansas State, Ole Miss, Georgia Southern and App State.

3 of them call us Louisiana LafayetteScrew you SLU (state school/butt hurt), Idaho (good riddance in the SBC) and South Alabama (not sure why this is).

Oh by the way one calls us neither and prefers to go by Ragin' Cajuns. that one is ULM, I will give them credit that is a better option than ULL and/or Louisiana Lafayette.

11. Default

Absolutely. In actuality, it makes these newspapers look like exactly what they are: second rate, ____ rags with no respect and little following. We've won the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They are using these stories to sell papers which means the story is actually more valuable than the advertising.

Can you envision a paper purposely getting their advertisers name wrong?
    Then IF the story is worth MORE than the advertising, HUD & Coaches should NOT allow those press entities the pass into his practices and/or post practice media time slots!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    Then IF the story is worth MORE than the advertising, HUD & Coaches should NOT allow those press entities the pass into his practices and/or post practice media time slots!
    Correct answer. Time to put the hammer down on those mothers.

Thread Information