Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

1. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

I would love a masked Mamou type Mardi Gras person "Cajuns Sideline Mascot" walking a Catahoula Curr Dog. That'd be on par with TAMU, UTenn, etc.

2. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If your mascot is not a physical representation of your nickname, then it must be a background figure.
    Is the prime resident of the campus jewel background enough?

Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    We will never find a better mascot for the University of Louisiana Cajuns than a Catahoula.

Official State dog further strengthens our marketing initiative as Louisiana.
    The story of the Cataholua reads like the story of Louisiana.
    It has a history of hunting big game in the Swamps and backwoods of Louisiana along side our ancestors.

Kids love dogs. Chicks love dogs. Alpha and Beta males love dogs.

We had a dog as a mascot, an English Bulldog, when we were USL. Need to move on to our oldest, 118 year tradition of a gator in the swamp and in The Swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    This has never been an issue with our University. I think much of the worry is self loathing. Pride of Acadiana is superb! Even Bane of Baton Rouge is a preferable moniker! We're the best of Louisiana. You're just a little insecure. You've been brainwashe by the corporate branding crap. This too shall pass. Much like giving kudos.
    Consistent Branding:

University of Louisiana

Louisiana Ragin Cajuns

Pride of Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Consistent Branding:

University of Louisiana

Louisiana Ragin Cajuns

Pride of Louisiana
    Your logic thus renders Ragin Cajuns as inconsistent with the "Brand", not representative of the entire state. Will you suggest we relocate next?

6. UL Football Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

You're wrong. People visiting Monroe always asking for the best Cajun restaurant in town. Louisiana known for NOLA, MardiGras, and Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You're wrong. People visiting Monroe always asking for the best Cajun restaurant in town. Louisiana known for NOLA, MardiGras, and Cajuns.
    People in Baton Rouge and New Orleans also misappropriate our unique Cajun identity. Doesn't make it right. I guess you're cool with that other Cajun College in Baton Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    I would love a masked Mamou type Mardi Gras person "Cajuns Sideline Mascot" walking a Catahoula Curr Dog. That'd be on par with TAMU, UTenn, etc.
    Maybe they can just look around Cajun Field and the tailgating areas. I'm pretty sure they could just locate a few characters and have them roam the sidelines just being themselves!!! LMAO!!!

9. UL Football Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

People in Baton Rouge and New Orleans also misappropriate our unique Cajun identity. Doesn't make it right. I guess you're cool with that other Cajun College in Baton Rouge.
    Not at all, but we're trying for consistent branding. If you're fine with a small brand for the city of Lafayette, oh goody. Maybe we really need to go back to Vermilioville, go ULV unique.

Your logic thus renders Ragin Cajuns as inconsistent with the "Brand", not representative of the entire state. Will you suggest we relocate next?
    What is the single consistent factor in the 3 names? LOUISIANA. Why muddy up the reference with an Acadiana name? I understand being proud of being a part of Acadiana, but we are talking about branding and it just does not fit that narrative.

11. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

What is the single consistent factor in the 3 names? LOUISIANA. Why muddy up the reference with an Acadiana name? I understand being proud of being a part of Acadiana, but we are talking about branding and it just does not fit that narrative.
    Don't waste your time with that LSU (or tech, I can't figure it out) fan Mr. D.
    She's just here to be a horsesass.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Don't waste your time with that LSU (or tech, I can't figure it out) fan Mr. D.
    She's just here to be a horsesass.
    It's taken us 17 years to finally capture the Louisiana name since our name change in 2000. I can't fathom why anyone would want to continue to muddy the "name" waters with yet another reference, albeit one that we have had for years. Now is the time to make a clean change with all references to Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not at all, but we're trying for consistent branding. If you're fine with a small brand for the city of Lafayette, oh goody. Maybe we really need to go back to Vermilioville, go ULV unique.
    Your post doesn't make sense. But anyway, I disagree. I understand what you hope to accomplish through consistent branding, I just believe you risk losing something more valuable along the way- our unique heritage.

Your narrative is a sort of ethnic cleansing.

15. Default Re: UL taking time to get it right with Cajuns mascot

Your narrative is a sort of ethnic cleansing.
    Put down the drugs

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information