Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oakbourne Country Club benefits from world-class golf facility

1. UL Golf Oakbourne Country Club benefits from world-class golf facility

The opening of UL’s new golf facility this summer provides a big boost for the Ragin’ Cajun program, but that’s not all.

2. Default Re: Oakbourne Country Club benefits from world-class golf facility

*awkward white guy hand slap*. BLEEP YEA! BLEEP YEA! BLEEP YEA!

Default Re: Oakbourne Country Club benefits from world-class golf facility

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The opening of UL’s new golf facility this summer provides a big boost for the Ragin’ Cajun program, but that’s not all.

Why do these articles never seem to have pictures, or better yet, a decent video of the facility?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Why do these articles never seem to have pictures, or better yet, a decent video of the facility?
    go here

https://forumeus.com/.ne#post1003086

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Those are pictures before the facility was completed and doesn't even show interior stuff. I have never understood our athletic departments total lack of showcasing new facilities when built.

Those are pictures before the facility was completed and doesn't even show interior stuff. I have never understood our athletic departments total lack of showcasing new facilities when built.
    Totally agree. There was like one or two facebook posts with some outside pictures but not a single thing on the website. It's the same for many projects.

The buildings were finished in those photos, the only thing that needed to be done was landscaping, mostly grass, which was to be done by Oakbourne. The inside is just offices, repair shop and locker rooms the other building houses the hitting bays. Not much to show there. What is it that you wanted to see on the inside.

8. Default Re: Oakbourne Country Club benefits from world-class golf facility

The buildings were finished in those photos, the only thing that needed to be done was landscaping, mostly grass, which was to be done by Oakbourne. The inside is just offices, repair shop and locker rooms the other building houses the hitting bays. Not much to show there. What is it that you wanted to see on the inside.
    I think he meant something like this:
    https://www.utgolfclub.com/club/scri.8275&NS=PUBLIC

I'd like to see a little more that makes this a world class facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    I've been to the UT Golf Club (my wife is a Texas Ex). It is incredible. No comparison to this building and to Oakborne CC.

oakbourne would be awesome if they were able to go up with the club house over the cart barn. that way it would be over looking 18 green. i think they cant build up right there because of the run ways of the airport.

12. Default Re: Oakbourne Country Club benefits from world-class golf facility

I've been to the UT Golf Club (my wife is a Texas Ex). It is incredible. No comparison to this building and to Oakborne CC.
    Thus why TEXAS has problems staying in the black. Their annual budget is more than many medium cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    Oh I never would have thought of that. After the foundations a structure is finished I move on. I never think of the furnishings and fixtures as something to worry about because I rarely see that.

Anyhow this is a quote from the article

"It does everything," he said. "What you have now is you have V1 video analysis which is 2D imagery, you have FlightScope that has the 3D readings and all that technology, and you have BodiTrak information, which simplified is the displacement of weight in your golf swing. You have all three of these things going and available at the same time during a golf swing.

"That's the magic right there. It all comes up on two 55-inch TV screens that have all the data, and that's unique because you normally don't have all of that together. You'll have just video, or just FlightScope or just BodiTrak, not all of them together. It's the coolest thing in the world."

Another feature in the practice bays, and one overlooked by most players seeking lessons, is the SAM PuttLab technology that provides the same type of data for putting that the other technologies produce for the full swing.

"It gives you the face path, rhythm, stroke, face angle closed or open, everything that FlightScope does but for putting," Wagner said. "That's a forgotten thing. I can sell a driver for $1,000 but I can't give putters away, and you use a putter at least two times more and normally two and a half times more than you do a driver."

From what I can tell from above, many facilities have some but not all of the tech that this facility has. I don't know that much about golf so I can't comment one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    oakbourne would be awesome if they were able to go up with the club house over the cart barn. that way it would be over looking 18 green. i think they cant build up right there because of the run ways of the airport.
    They wouldn't let us raise a crane to lift roof trusses.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Thus why TEXAS has problems staying in the black. Their annual budget is more than many medium cities.
    That's why Texas is Texas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information