Thread: UL softball roster undergoes summer changes

1. UL Softball UL softball roster undergoes summer changes

Two transfers have already joined forces with the nationally-ranked program since its season ended in the finals of the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional in late May, and two players have left the squad.

Default Re: UL softball roster undergoes summer changes

Good moves for all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Good moves for all concerned.
    Any backstory?

I don't think Daniella leaving is a major surprise to anyone she obviously did not meet expectations as far as power productions go for a designated player. As an outsider it seems like she didn't fit in with overall pace of play and style of the team. I wish her the best but I'm glad I don't have to see her slow jog down the first base line after any contact with the ball

I absolutely with Daniella the best. While not hitting HR's like some expected, she had a load of big RBI hits in the first half of the season while some were struggling. I think she struggled with the transition and didn't arrive in her best condition (like at KS) which put her further behind. As much as we love our culture, and do our best to recruit young ladies who will fit in with out unique identity, not all of them do and decide to move on. I fully understand that, and wish them the best in the time they spent and their contributions to the team, whether on or off the field.

Thread Information