Thread: Cayman Island Classic Roll Call

1. Default Cayman Island Classic Roll Call

I just booked a cruise that gets me to the Cayman Islands on November 20th early morning in time for the first game on Nov. 20th to watch the UL vs Iowa game. I will be there with my son.

Who else is going?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I just booked a cruise that gets me to the Cayman Islands on November 20th early morning in time for the first game on Nov. 20th to watch the UL vs Iowa game. I will be there with my son.

Who else is going?
    🙋

3. Default Re: Cayman Island Classic Roll Call

we are cruising out of Miami and getting there at 8:00 AM on the 20th. We don't have to leave until 3 so the timing is perfect for the game.

Geaux Cajuns

4. Default Re: Cayman Island Classic Roll Call

Who else is going?
    Nice.

Wish I could join you.

we are cruising out of Miami and getting there at 8:00 AM on the 20th. We don't have to leave until 3 so the timing is perfect for the game.

Geaux Cajuns
    We'll be there Sunday to Friday, staying at an Airbnb on the southside of the island. The area looks somewhat secluded. I think it's only a 15 minute drive to the gym.
    Looking forward to seeing the new pieces Marlin put together for next year.

6. Default

Geaux Cajuns
    Man that's a great idea. Would you mind posting your cost Dave? I know the package for traveling with the team is like $6k per person. I really want to go but I doubt the woman will let me drop $12k on the trip...

EDIT: that $6 figure is incorrect. Confusing this with another trip. Still interested in your cost though Dave. Good way for ppl to go.

Default Re: Cayman Island Classic Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Man that's a great idea. Would you mind posting your cost Dave? I know the package for traveling with the team is like $6k per person. I really want to go but I doubt the woman will let me drop $12k on the trip...

EDIT: that $6 figure is incorrect. Confusing this with another trip. Still interested in your cost though Dave. Good way for ppl to go.
    cut your cost in half and leave the woman home.

8. Default Re: Cayman Island Classic Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

I have two rooms, my wife, myself and my daughter ($2600) and my mother in law and son ($1900)

Total. We are only going to see one game but we are going on Carnival Glory, from Miami to Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel.

9. Default

I have two rooms, my wife, myself and my daughter ($2600) and my mother in law and son ($1900)

Total. We are only going to see one game but we are going on Carnival Glory, from Miami to Grand Cayman, Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel.
    Hell of an itinerary. Thanks for the info.

Mahogany Bay is my favorite port that I've been to on 6-7 cruises (I lose count). We've been twice to that port. Carnival owns the dock that they use. They have a absolutely perfect beach (FREE to use) at the port. You can walk to it, or take the "ski lift" for a charge. Great day and basically FREE! No need for an excursion that day. We are going on a Carinval Cruise out of NOLA end of October for wife's 40th (feel free to join us), so I doubt we could do both.

UL Basketball Re: Cayman Island Classic Roll Call

UL Basketball Re: Cayman Island Classic Roll Call

Doing a little research for #CajunNation here.

Cruises leaving from the US that will be in Grand Cayman on any of the 3 days of the tournament.

Date in Grand Cayman Cruise Line Ship Name Sails out of Date Sails Out
    11/20/17 Carnival Glory Miami 11/18/17
    11/21/17 Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Fort Lauderdale 11/19/17
    11/21/17 MSC Cruises MSC Divina Miami 11/18/17
    11/22/17 Carnival Paradise Tampa 11/20/17
    11/22/17 Holland America Line ms Eurodam Fort Lauderdale 11/19/17

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Doing a little research for #CajunNation here.

Cruises leaving from the US that will be in Grand Cayman on any of the 3 days of the tournament.

Date in Grand Cayman Cruise Line Ship Name Sails out of Date Sails Out
    11/20/17 Carnival Glory Miami 11/18/17
    11/21/17 Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas Fort Lauderdale 11/19/17
    11/21/17 MSC Cruises MSC Divina Miami 11/18/17
    11/22/17 Carnival Paradise Tampa 11/20/17
    11/22/17 Holland America Line ms Eurodam Fort Lauderdale 11/19/17
    There is also a trip to Cuba for exhibitions from August 7 to 11. This is similar to the Spain trip of four years ago.

Thread Information