Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Regional Title Game Tomorrow

Default Re: Cajuns and Tigers to Meet Once More in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Prather said an NCAA rep told Steve that yesterday at Tiger Park. So they're running that whole article off of hearsay instead of getting the NCAA rep on the record or quoting a rulebook.
    Wild guess here. the same NCAA rep who went against both coaches wishes to play the game this morning??

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    I believe he is yanking your chain
    Well he yanked it. I just started the Japanese suicide ritual just before I read your postyou saved my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Wild guess here. the same NCAA rep who went against both coaches wishes to play the game this morning??
    Or also likely Stevie P heard wrong.

I've never seen an NCAA event get stopped based on time. It's always determined by start time not end time

A cell just moved over Tiger Park, small clearing that another one coming.

5. UL Softball Re: Cajuns and Tigers to Meet Once More in Baton Rouge

Or also likely Stevie P heard wrong.

I've never seen an NCAA event get stopped based on time. It's always determined by start time not end time
    This is my experience as well. There have been situations in the past (NCAA baseball) where an inning cannot start after a designated time (1am) . but that is in the situation where you can resume the following day.

The NCAA will have egg on its face if a game cannot be played today (given the 1pm start time) and LSU is advanced.

The NCAA will have more egg on its face if Game #7 is stopped mid-game (moreso if the Cajuns are winning) due to an 11pm curfew . and LSU is advanced.

Brian

Can any body explain how lsu a&m even got this regional over ul when ul is ranked 14 4 spots higher

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Can any body explain how lsu a&m even got this regional over ul when ul is ranked 14 4 spots higher
    Polls arent factored into selections

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    This may be the case, but it still a ____ty way to end the season for our girls.
    Agree. When you have two Top 20 teams facing off in a heated matchup, a game can definitely go either way. 2 out of 3 is fair.

LSU beats us again today, I'm satisfied that we at least got three shots at them.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    That is easy. Polls have nothing to do with NCAA seedings. LSU had a stronger RPI than the Cajuns which is a large part of their decision making (although very flawed). Cajuns RPI ended up at #17.

Updated their article:

UPDATE: This morning on ESPN1420’s Thinking Out Loud, Steve Peloquin said an NCAA rep in Baton Rouge informed him today’s game between the Cajuns and Tigers must be complete by 11:00pm.
    According to the rep, unlike the previous days of the Regional when first pitch was required to take place prior to 11:00 pm, today the game is required to be finished by then.
    However, this is a direct contradiction to the NCAA rule which only states a contest must begin before 11:00pm. The NCAA hasn’t been known to legislate end times, only start times.

Read More: Time Rule That Could Wreak More Havoc On Baton Rouge Regional | http://espn1420.com/by-ncaa-rule-ton.ckback=tsmclip

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    " Unlike the previous days of the Regional when first pitch was required to take place prior to 11:00 pm, today the game is required to be finished by then, per NCAA rule."

http://espn1420.com/by-ncaa-rule-ton.by-1100pm-but/
    Prather has updated his article noting the NCAA rule does not align with what was told to Scott.

12. Default Re: Cajuns and Tigers to Meet Once More in Baton Rouge

The S&M, cynical side of me wants to see the game rained out and have us get screwed. Though I want our Lady Cajuns to win badly, at least it removes the risk of being ridiculed over a potential tough loss.do I need to seek medical help?

13. Default Re: Cajuns and Tigers to Meet Once More in Baton Rouge

Updated their article:

UPDATE: This morning on ESPN1420's Thinking Out Loud, Steve Peloquin said an NCAA rep in Baton Rouge informed him today's game between the Cajuns and Tigers must be complete by 11:00pm.
    According to the rep, unlike the previous days of the Regional when first pitch was required to take place prior to 11:00 pm, today the game is required to be finished by then.
    However, this is a direct contradiction to the NCAA rule which only states a contest must begin before 11:00pm. The NCAA hasn't been known to legislate end times, only start times.

Read More: Time Rule That Could Wreak More Havoc On Baton Rouge Regional | http://espn1420.com/by-ncaa-rule-ton.ckback=tsmclip
    Did Scott update this? Looks like the verbiage I texted him. :-)

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Prather has updated his article noting the NCAA rule does not align with what was told to Scott.
    Thanks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information