Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Regional Title Game Tomorrow

Default Re: Cajuns and Tigers to Meet Once More in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    NCAA rules state that they can't. I assume the intent of the rule is so teams have enough time to rest, and prepare to travel to the site for the super regional, but who knows.
    The NCAA does allow themselves an out. Will be interesting to see if they take it should it be necessary.

Both teams are out of school. UL only has an hour bus ride back to Lafayette. The Super Regional in Tallahassee could start Friday. They could play this game tomorrow of they cannot play it today. Get an NCAA waiver.

If LSU wins the regional if this if necessary game cannot be played I can guarantee you that if it does not rain enough to cancel the game, LSU will "accidentally" turn on the sprinklers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    If LSU wins the regional if this if necessary game cannot be played I can guarantee you that if it does not rain enough to cancel the game, LSU will "accidentally" turn on the sprinklers.
    Did 31Ragin97 hack your account?

Florida Gators baseball played a midweek game against Stetson, in Gainesville April 4. Stetson's RPI was over 200 at the time.

Stetson was leading 10-1 in the top of 5th inning when the game was delayed by rain. Rain stopped an hour later and the Gators refused to continue and the game is cancelled as if it never started. Gators preserve their RPI.

I guess you could say it's just business, but it still sux. I hope the same thing doesn't happen today in BR.

I mean you've gotta know the situation. Last night was the de facto championship game and the girls laid a big ole egg. They played like a team who knew they'd get one more shot. You gotta know there was slim to none chance we'd play today and LSU unfairly advances with a win.

Let's just see what happens.both these teams want to earn it and I have a feeling the game will be played.

If it could be played, we're in our window.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I'de rather play and get beat then not play at all and the "higher seed" move on.
    This. At least let it be settled on the field, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Just found out from a friend of mine--

NCAA Rep that is calling the shots (WOULDN'T allow LSU/McNeese to start earlier, AND set the time for today's game) is Kathryn Gleason, from Northern Kentucky.

My opinion only is that the NCAA is letting ESPN dictate this. I still call this the ESPN Invitational tournament. ESPN has a contract with the SEC and PAC 12. Every SEC team made it to the tournament. By delaying it, there is a better chance of rain and guaranteeing LSU advances. Look at who's in the Super Regionals, all SEC and PAC 12 schools that hosted, except Florida State and possibly Oklahoma, and UL (who didn't host). It is in ESPN's interest to get LSU in a Super Regional. If LSU is the better team, prove it on the field.

Her email is gleasonk1@nku.edu

If they start at 1 PM or anytime after 1 PM but before 11 PM - How long do they have to finish the complete game? And does it have to be a complete game? Can it be shortened/called after the 5th inning, for instance?

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    I mean you've gotta know the situation. Last night was the de facto championship game and the girls laid a big ole egg. They played like a team who knew they'd get one more shot. You gotta know there was slim to none chance we'd play today and LSU unfairly advances with a win.
    They played like a team that sat around all day in a hotel playing wait and see if and when they'd play. There lies one of the big advantages of hosting. It's not just about what we see on the field and in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by cb089 View Post
    They played like a team who knew they'd get one more shot. You gotta know there was slim to none chance we'd play today and LSU unfairly advances with a win.
    I thought they played like a team that sat around a hotel all day.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    If they start at 1 PM or anytime after 1 PM but before 11 PM - How long do they have to finish the complete game? And does it have to be a complete game? Can it be shortened/called after the 5th inning, for instance?
    Not sure about innings but did read where the game must END by 11PM

Baton Rouge is about to be hit with unbelievable rain and UL with an unbelievable lost by default.

https://weather.com/weather/radar/in.on=true&zoom=8

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information