Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Regional Title Game Tomorrow

Default Re: Cajuns and Tigers to Meet Once More in Baton Rouge

Quote Originally Posted by rc0909 View Post
    The issue started yesterday with not moving up the LSU/McNeese game.
    Yup. That game should have started at 10am. And today should have started at 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    Yup. That game should have started at 10am. And today should have started at 10am.
    Had they started at 10am on Sunday it would have been completed by now.

Had they been in Lafayette, it would have been completed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by rc0909 View Post
    The issue started yesterday with not moving up the LSU/McNeese game.
    If we had to play a second game yesterday, we would have been smoked again. We slept through that game last night, and I don't think a second game would have been any different.

My wish for the day other than mother nature's​ cooperation: please take Chavez out of the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    If we had to play a second game yesterday, we would have been smoked again. We slept through that game last night, and I don't think a second game would have been any different.

My wish for the day other than mother nature's​ cooperation: please take Chavez out of the lineup.
    If we would have played at 7pm, i think there would be a different result (not saying we would have won).

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post

I'de rather play and get beat then not play at all and the "higher seed" move on.

If the forecast is half right, they are not getting this game in.

LSU will do everything to not get the game in. Supported by Espn as well. Why would they want to win it on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    LSU will do everything to not get the game in. Supported by Espn as well. Why would they want to win it on the field?
    Real question is, why would they want to chance losing it on the field when the win is guaranteed?

I know you guys don't really care about what I think, but looking at the radar, they need to get out there now and start playing. But when does the NCAA ever do anything that is smart.

Whoever goes to the Super Regional needs to be determined on the field instead by some stupid NCAA tie breaker rule.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post
    I know you guys don't really care about what I think, but looking at the radar, they need to get out there now and start playing. But when does the NCAA ever do anything that is smart.

Whoever goes to the Super Regional needs to be determined on the field instead by some stupid NCAA tie breaker rule.

Doc
    I wouldn't have cared if we moved on without playing yesterday. Single elimination is more fair than allowing a team to advance based on seed. Thats why I said yesterday that I either want no more games played or all of them played. The odds of us getting screwed are too high.

This is Upsetting Re: Cajuns and Tigers to Meet Once More in Baton Rouge

Just got clarification from Yvette Girouard--

Schedule is being set by NCAA "Head of Championships" and NOT by NCAA onsite rep!! She said they asked both yesterday and today to start earlier and were DENIED by NCAA office!!

IDIOTS, or collusion to protect SEC--take your pick!!

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post

Doc
    Yep, looks like 9:00 - 11:00 this morning was about the only open window for a while

I'm going to resign myself to the fact that LSU is going to get every opportunity to move on without deciding it on the field. If we play, I'll be ecstatic, but I'm not getting my hopes up. We seem doomed at this point.

Why can't they play tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Why can't they play tomorrow?
    NCAA rules state that they can't. I assume the intent of the rule is so teams have enough time to rest, and prepare to travel to the site for the super regional, but who knows.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information