Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Article on Minnesota getting hosed by the selection committee. Article makes the point Brian was making earlier. Minnesota had an RPI rank of 11 which has as a component, Strength of Schedule. The committee looked at Strength of Schedule separately in justifying its national seeds and, in doing so, punished Minnesota twice (and will continue to punish schools outside the SEC, ACC, Pac-10 and Big XII ). Clearly having knowledgeable softball people that understand the RPI should be a pre-requisite in order to be on the softball selection committee. It is incredible to me that this obvious background is not currently a requirement.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more.8uP?li=BBnbfcL
    Minnesota was actually ranked #1 in the latest USA Today poll and does not get to host. This committee is a joke. They need to be taken off the committee

Found it interesting that there was a softball committee member from Ole Miss. Ole Miss made the dramatic jump for nowhere to being a host even with a 10-14 conference record and finishing tied for 8th in the conference standings. Lynnette Johnson is the Ole Miss Associate AD on the softball committee and one of her primary job responsibilities at Ole Miss is "coordinating and bidding all NCAA and SEC postseason events held on campus." I can't help but think there was some influence in the selection. What happened to the "body of work" argument. You can have a losing conference record and not even finish in the top half of your own conference but be a top 16 team and host a NCAA regional. The more I look into this the more of a joke it becomes. Except Minnesota, James Madison and UL are not laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Found it interesting that there was a softball committee member from Ole Miss. Ole Miss made the dramatic jump for nowhere to being a host even with a 10-14 conference record and finishing tied for 8th in the conference standings. Lynnette Johnson is the Ole Miss Associate AD on the softball committee and one of her primary job responsibilities at Ole Miss is "coordinating and bidding all NCAA and SEC postseason events held on campus." I can't help but think there was some influence in the selection. What happened to the "body of work" argument. You can have a losing conference record and not even finish in the top half of your own conference but be a top 16 team and host a NCAA regional. The more I look into this the more of a joke it becomes. Except Minnesota, James Madison and UL are not laughing.
    Supposedly committee members are supposed to leave the room when their respective schools are discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Supposedly committee members are supposed to leave the room when their respective schools are discussed.
    Wink, wink

5. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Yeah, that's a joke

6. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

But can be in room to bad mouth the more deserving candidates

7. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

I heard governor edwards was trying to put the previously proposed atletics travel ban in place with a 25 mile limit, and award the host a regional title by forfeit,

8. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    I heard governor edwards was trying to put the previously proposed atletics travel ban in place with a 25 mile limit, and award the host a regional title by forfeit,
    I do believe that you "heard" that.

Brian

I sure would love to see Louisiana vs Minnesota in the finals of the WCWS.

Minnesota is absolutely pounding LTUR 8-0 and it's still only the 2nd inning.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Minnesota is absolutely pounding LTUR 8-0 and it's still only the 2nd inning.
    How could anyone not pull for them after how unfairly they were treated.oh, except when they play the Cajuns of course.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Those @ruston babies are the biggest whiners around. MBB tourney site? Rigged against ltur. SB? Rigged against ltur. Gametimes for MBB? Rigged. It just goes on and on. Always ready with a built-in excuse.
    Freaking nancies.

The only time that ever happened was when Farmer was on the committee. Our seed and his defense of it was all the proof I need.

14. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Minnesota scored more runs against the institute's techsters than two hosts added togetherr could muster

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13

Thread Information