Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

In spite of not hosting, does anyone else feel like the favorite in red stick? I've seen them play a few times this year and while they are obviously a good team, the tigers don't exactly scare you. Frankly, I'd be more scared of us. With Alex pitching well and our offense clicking, we can beat any team in the country. That's not hubris. If you've watched the Cajuns play this year, I'm sure you'll agree.

2. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    In spite of not hosting, does anyone else feel like the favorite in red stick?
    That isnt the point. The system is clearly broken Where is cnn if they really want to find collusion?

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    So, given the radical over-emphasis on playing a "good schedule" and your record against the RPI Top 25 (national seeds), what do you think the committee considers stronger?

2-2 vs. the RPI Top 25
    or
    3-2 vs. the RPI Top 25
    or
    4-6-1 vs. the RPI Top 25

Well, the 4-6-1 team is Florida State . recipients of the #4 national seed. The other two are Minnesota and Louisiana respectively (unseeded).

They are obviously looking hard at SOS rank (in general) . which is really stupid . because RPI is SOS. It is redundant!

Selection committees that do not understand the makeup of the tools upon which they so heavily depend . Priceless.

Brian
    They're making all the work you do educating us on the rpi almost pointless for us as a mid-major. If they can find any way to justify (in their minds) keep a Louisiana or a James Madison from hosting in favor of a last place SEC school, they will. Self-fulfilling prophecy much?

Edit: I know they didn't really give the last place SEC team a host spot.

4. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Wow, the state from mcneese state disappears but why do i suspect an extra L will make an appearance?

5. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    So, given the radical over-emphasis on playing a "good schedule" and your record against the RPI Top 25 (national seeds), what do you think the committee considers stronger?

2-2 vs. the RPI Top 25
    or
    3-2 vs. the RPI Top 25
    or
    4-6-1 vs. the RPI Top 25

Well, the 4-6-1 team is Florida State . recipients of the #4 national seed. The other two are Minnesota and Louisiana respectively (unseeded).

They are obviously looking hard at SOS rank (in general) . which is really stupid . because RPI is SOS. It is redundant!

Selection committees that do not understand the makeup of the tools upon which they so heavily depend . Priceless.

Brian
    They understand, but have an agenda!

We should be the favorite, but get ready for the cheating, crooked umps cranking up the illegal pitch calls on Alex. I hope I'm wrong, but past experience is not good.

In spite of not hosting, does anyone else feel like the favorite in red stick? I've seen them play a few times this year and while they are obviously a good team, the tigers don't exactly scare you. Frankly, I'd be more scared of us. With Alex pitching well and our offense clicking, we can beat any team in the country. That's not hubris. If you've watched the Cajuns play this year, I'm sure you'll agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Dont forget about georgia making the field with a 6-18 conference record
    That is straight up absurd. And let's not forget a 29-26 Mizzou team making it in as an at-large as well.

This whole "selection process" is a clown show.

8. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    That is straight up absurd. And let's not forget a 26-26 Mizzou team making it in as an at-large as well.

This whole "selection process" is a clown show.
    Missouri was 29-26.

Edit: I see you edited from 26-26

Brian

If even half of this bias is seen with the baseball selections, the Cajuns better darn well win the Sunbelt tournament.

It is ok to be upset but we better focus on McNeese. If we are distracted they can beat us. Focus girls. Can't do anything about the selection committee now. Just prove them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    And the announcers briefed about the name I probably wouldnt be a good coach, but if i was a coach and lafayette or ULL were on the scoreboard id show umps the ncaa printout of bracket and refuse to allow my players to take field until its fixed. Its supposed to be ncaa tournament, not Sec$pn tournament
    Pretty sure that Jim Hawthorne will be trotted out to stick it to the Cajuns again.

UL Softball Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

If you look at the brackets, you will see that LSU (#13) and UCLA (#5) are the only hosts with no other Power 5 opponents in their region. Ole Miss, who, at #12, is supposed to have an easier draw than #13, has 2 P5 teams, the ACC runnerup, North Carolina, and the 6th place PAC 12 team, Arizona State. Enjoy your hosting, Rebels.

13. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    If you look at the brackets, you will see that LSU (#13) and UCLA (#5) are the only hosts with no other Power 5 opponents in their region. Ole Miss, who, at #12, is supposed to have an easier draw than #13, has 2 P5 teams, the ACC runnerup, North Carolina, and the 6th place PAC 12 team, Arizona State. Enjoy your hosting, Rebels.
    Great point, how does lswho pull that trick year after year

14. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    There isn't a conspiracy just incompetence. I think a lot of people don't understand the makeup of the various committees or how they work. Below is a link to the current Div 1 softball committee members.

http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/comm.itteeName=1WSB
    They are so honored to be chosen that they feel obligated to let the P5 football conferences double dip on SOS.

Once upon a time, UL had a rep on this committee the same year the Lady Cajuns had the #1 OOC SOS/RPI in the country. He came back defending a seed below their overall RPI rank.

15. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    There isn't a conspiracy just incompetence. I think a lot of people don't understand the makeup of the various committees or how they work. Below is a link to the current Div 1 softball committee members.

http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/comm.itteeName=1WSB
    A quick unfinished perusal of the list found an additional four not listed as sec but have sec ties

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information