Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I keep having the suspicion that the committee is going to really reward Ole Miss at the expense of another team. Maybe us since we are sitting right at #16.
    Turned out to be a viable suspicion. Through it wasn't just Ole Miss. Utah and Kentucky got, in my opinion, unjustifiably rewarded by the committee. Utah really sticks out having limped to the finish line and getting swept at home by UW basically hours before the Selection show.

Nothing we can do now. Let's do our usual thing in Baton Rouge.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    just Tech's luck we get a p.o. Minnesota team up first
    Let the whining and excuse making by the laturd girls begin. Yall dont care about the stick and ball sports, remember?

It will be sweet to beat Mickeyneese for the Regional Championship in lsuBRs house.

3. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

In spite of not hosting, does anyone else feel like the favorite in red stick? I've seen them play a few times this year and while they are obviously a good team, the tigers don't exactly scare you. Frankly, I'd be more scared of us. With Alex pitching well and our offense clicking, we can beat any team in the country. That's not hubris. If you've watched the Cajuns play this year, I'm sure you'll agree.
    Take it easy on my poor Cowgirls on you way to beating LSU.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post
    Take it easy on my poor Cowgirls on you way to beating LSU.

Doc
    Doc , i actually think McNeese will be a more formidable opponent. Lay beats us only if their pitchers are perfect. We just have to play our normal game. Your team is flying off the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    And the announcers briefed about the name I probably wouldnt be a good coach, but if i was a coach and lafayette or ULL were on the scoreboard id show umps the ncaa printout of bracket and refuse to allow my players to take field until its fixed. Its supposed to be ncaa tournament, not Sec$pn tournament

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Wow, the state from mcneese state disappears but why do i suspect an extra L will make an appearance?
    I hope our AD is talking to LSU and ESPN about our name this weekend. Also, the softball team needs to wear nothing but LOUISIANA jerseys all weekend. All of our fans need to wear LOUISIANA gear. Let's make a statement.

Looked at LSU's athletic website. Of course, we are Louisiana Lafayette there, and they are using the old Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns logo. Damn, our AD needs to get this fixed

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    If you look at the brackets, you will see that LSU (#13) and UCLA (#5) are the only hosts with no other Power 5 opponents in their region. Ole Miss, who, at #12, is supposed to have an easier draw than #13, has 2 P5 teams, the ACC runnerup, North Carolina, and the 6th place PAC 12 team, Arizona State. Enjoy your hosting, Rebels.
    The committee probably figured sending the Cajuns to B.R. was probably as much as the Tiger girls could handle!

8. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Doc , i actually think McNeese will be a more formidable opponent. Lay beats us only if their pitchers are perfect. We just have to play our normal game. Your team is flying off the radar.
    When it comes to big games, we have been a little weaker with pitching and great pitching has shut down our good hitters. We have lost a few big midweek games that we could have won late when our pitching couldn't hold on. The game with Texas St a few weeks ago is a good example. We were up 4-0 going into the bottom of the 7th. A few bad pitches and a couple of questionable calls and we lose 4-5.

We have 8 inning games with Baylor, South Ala, and Okla St. and lost to LSU 3-4. A lot of "what if" games. Most of those games were early in the season before we got it going.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    We should be the favorite, but get ready for the cheating, crooked umps cranking up the illegal pitch calls on Alex. I hope I'm wrong, but past experience is not good.
    I'm not worried about "the cheating, crooked umps cranking up the illegal pitch calls on Alex". I am more worried about Alex making illegal pitches. I've seen her struggle with this at the beginning of the season, but she now seems to have it under control.

With that said, we have a history of illegal pitches being called in the post season. I really hope this is something the coaches are addressing heading into the post season.

Lets go to BR and kick some tails.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I hope our AD is talking to LSU and ESPN about our name this weekend. Also, the softball team needs to wear nothing but LOUISIANA jerseys all weekend. All of our fans need to wear LOUISIANA gear. Let's make a statement.

Looked at LSU's athletic website. Of course, we are Louisiana Lafayette there, and they are using the old Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns logo. Damn, our AD needs to get this fixed
    I'm sure we'll be "Lah-fyetted" to death by ESPN regardless of what we request.

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    It seems like ESP-N announcers constantly seem surprised that UL softball is still around and elite year in and year out. It's like, "oh, Lafayette is back in again, that's nice." They fail acknowledge how consistently good they actually are and have been for the past 20 plus years.

Let the announcers for this weekend focus on the purple people in Baton Rouge, which you know will be the case. This team should just take care of business against McNeese State and that other team and smile.

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    How about correcting our logo used by LSU?

It seems like ESP-N announcers constantly seem surprised that UL softball is still around and elite year in and year out. It's like, "oh, Lafayette is back in again, that's nice." They fail acknowledge how consistently good they actually are and have been for the past 20 plus years.

Let the announcers for this weekend focus on the purple people in Baton Rouge, which you know will be the case. This team should just take care of business against McNeese State and that other team and smile.
    It is obvious that ESPN views us as no more than a small hair on the butt of the NCAA and they just wish we would go away. They never have cared, they don't care now and never will care what we are called or what we want to be called. They do it on purpose just to show that they don't care and to see how many, or few, people complain.

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    just Tech's luck we get a p.o. Minnesota team up first
    Congrats on getting in. Minnesota should be hosting, this is ridiculous. A bad break for Tech. Might be the toughest regional of all. Win that regional, then have to face #1 Florida. Best of luck.

UL going to Baton Rouge might be a blessing rather than hosting at #16. Then, we would have to go to #1 Florida if we win. Now, if we win, we go to Florida State, assuming they win. If we win and Georgia beats Florida State, we might have a chance at hosting a Super Regional.

We better fet the nod over Georgia. That SHOULD be a slam dunk. But, gotta take care of business first!

Wish I could be in BR to witness, but my daughter has a softball tourney elsewhere.

Geaux Cajuns!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information