Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

2. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

ESPN has been setting up the SEC sweep for weeks. Once you do that you're going to take care of the other P5. Ole Miss is the biggest stunner. Eighteen loses. Three great games to conclude the season. Kentucky loses their way into a host.

I hope this team is angry. They were more than deserving, but in the end, even with their history, you have to battle and prove yourself each and every year if you're outside of the "P5." We just have to go and win in Baton Rouge. Again. For the 4th straight time.

In all honesty, if I'm the Tigers, I'm nervous because you've got the most to lose and the most pressure. I like our chances and I think if we get past McNeese, we beat LSU-BR by a few runs if we play them.

5. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    You already know the crew sent to BR will be "briefed" about calling the illegal pitch
    And the announcers briefed about the name I probably wouldnt be a good coach, but if i was a coach and lafayette or ULL were on the scoreboard id show umps the ncaa printout of bracket and refuse to allow my players to take field until its fixed. Its supposed to be ncaa tournament, not Sec$pn tournament

6. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I hope this team is angry. They were more than deserving, but in the end, even with their history, you have to battle and prove yourself each and every year if you're outside of the "P5." We just have to go and win in Baton Rouge. Again. For the 4th straight time.

In all honesty, if I'm the Tigers, I'm nervous because you've got the most to lose and the most pressure. I like our chances and I think if we get past McNeese, we beat LSU-BR by a few runs if we play them.
    Will they let our team use their facilities, i.e. locker room,etc. Last time i went there for a regional they didnt and they also refused service at concession stands to cajun fans for some things

7. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    Ironic that if you exist in that conference, you get in.all 13 teams get in. Wow doesn't describe that nonsense.
    Pointing things like that out used to be called tin foil, but i like nonsense better

Screw LSU .this bull ____ makes me even more mad LSU didn't deserve to host I would be so motivated if I was the Cajuns at the disrespect from the committee I would run up the score on every team we faced. ladies should be motivated to light that park on fire with the long ball!!!!

Lsu deserved to host more than Utah or ole miss for sure

SEC Network--> Owned by ESPN
    ESPN --> constantly hypes up SEC schools
    Said SEC Schools --> Climb in polls
    Beating high teams in Polls--> improve SOS and RPI
    High RPI--> Rewarded with National Seeds
    When the SEC teams get national seeds and play in postseason it improves the overall value of the conference. With improved value, ESPN can increase advertising revenue and subscriber revenue.
    $$$ Now do you believe in the SEC Bias from ESPN? $$$
    If you don't then refer yourself to Kentucky (17 loses) receiving a host site instead of Minnesota, Louisiana, or James Madison. (15 loses combined)

This is honestly a good road for us so I'm definitely not disappointed

12. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

So, given the radical over-emphasis on playing a "good schedule" and your record against the RPI Top 25 (national seeds), what do you think the committee considers stronger?

2-2 vs. the RPI Top 25
    or
    3-2 vs. the RPI Top 25
    or
    4-6-1 vs. the RPI Top 25

Well, the 4-6-1 team is Florida State . recipients of the #4 national seed. The other two are Minnesota and Louisiana respectively (unseeded).

They are obviously looking hard at SOS rank (in general) . which is really stupid . because RPI is SOS. It is redundant!

Selection committees that do not understand the makeup of the tools upon which they so heavily depend . Priceless.

Brian

Dont forget about georgia making the field with a 6-18 conference record

Maybe the Cajuns could host Supers if Georgia can pull it out in Tallahassee.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    Beating high teams in Polls--> improve SOS and RPI
    This is not a true statement. Polls have nothing to do with SOS or RPI.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information