Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

1. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

In watching this show, it makes me have low hopes of what happens next. Let's say the ladies walk through BR and move to the supers. This new emphasis on P5 worries me, in that, how dare a non-P5 go to the next round (NCAA: let's put some sanctions on those Cajuns!).

Probably unwarranted, but still a thought in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    In watching this show, it makes me have low hopes of what happens next. Let's say the ladies walk through BR and move to the supers. This new emphasis on P5 worries me, in that, how dare a non-P5 go to the next round (NCAA: let's put some sanctions on those Cajuns!).

You already know the crew sent to BR will be "briefed" about calling the illegal pitch

Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

The SEC bias is just sickening. I guess in the SEC "it just means more."

I'm already making up conspiracy theories in my head for what's coming in a few weeks for baseball.I think Coastal got a few people's attention last year.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    The SEC bias is just sickening. I guess in the SEC "it just means more."
    Ironic that if you exist in that conference, you get in.all 13 teams get in. Wow doesn't describe that nonsense.

If you are going to go on the road then this isn't a bad road to be on in my opinion. LSU is definitely beatable and we will like always have a huge fan base there.

Florida St. is also very beatable.

Did the committee just go with matchups? Auburn/OU? Alabama/Florida? Utah/Washington (even after the Utes got swept by UW)?

8. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

So who else is in the 8 teams?mcN.who else???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .So they call us Lafayette and then ull and then Louisiana Lafayette.did all the Sec make it???
    Thought the new AD and Alden had this covered.my colon was already smoke filled this sports year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Did the committee just go with matchups? Auburn/OU? Alabama/Florida? Utah/Washington (even after the Utes got swept by UW)?
    surprised they didn't even give Auburn/OU the possibility of a championship rematch

11. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    sounds like Minnesota just didn't have a strong OOC schedule
    "Whatever Works"

The year Louisiana had the #1 OOC RPI ranked schedule in the country they were seeded below their overall RPI ranking.

There isn't a conspiracy just incompetence. I think a lot of people don't understand the makeup of the various committees or how they work. Below is a link to the current Div 1 softball committee members.

http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/comm.itteeName=1WSB

14. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    There isn't a conspiracy just incompetence. I think a lot of people don't understand the makeup of the various committees or how they work. Below is a link to the current Div 1 softball committee members.

http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/comm.itteeName=1WSB
    Just shows how vulnerable they are to hype over substance.

Not even an "Impact Performance Nominee" either.for the teams that won so many of the last several conference championships. I guess 14 of 18 isn't impressive.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information