Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Default 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Excited that they are airing the show on the deuce this year.

Brian and the other RPI buffs have been doing their usual springtime homework and it'll be close as far as whether or not the team will be playing at Lamson next week. What will the committee think of this Cajun team?

2. UL Softball Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

We should have this on all access.

No doubt that the Duce wii focus on the eighth top seeds and mostly the top four.

We need to focus on our team beyond the initial announcement. To bad I like too far away to attend

Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

I keep having the suspicion that the committee is going to really reward Ole Miss at the expense of another team. Maybe us since we are sitting right at #16.

4. UL Softball Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I keep having the suspicion that the committee is going to really reward Ole Miss at the expense of another team. Maybe us since we are sitting right at #16.
    Maybe . but again . with the following RPI rankings (my back of the envelope calcs, subject to the caveats I mentioned) . give me a strong case why Alabama should be selected over Louisiana. James Madison is at risk as well . but #13 may just insulate them enough (which is one reason why we needed LSU to defeat Ole Miss).

#13 James Madison
    #14 LSU
    #15 Alabama
    #16 Louisiana
    #17 Kentucky
    #18 Ole Miss
    #19 Utah
    #20 BYU

Brian

5. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

What do you make of that tourny run they had, seemed to favor their conf by not having the top seeds win if it gets them more bids, was it by design? That plan would hose us im sure.

I was listening to 1420 this morning and one caller that follows softball, rpi, etc. thinks that Ole Miss will get the regional and we will get sent there. If we win there, we get sent to Florida. Could this happen Brian? If so, wow. So not only we get jumped for the regional, we get punished and sent to the team that jumped us? Then we get the pleasure of possibly going to FLA? Could this happen? I'm curious.

7. UL Baseball Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    I was listening to 1420 this morning and one caller that follows softball, rpi, etc. thinks that Ole Miss will get the regional and we will get sent there. If we win there, we get sent to Florida. Could this happen Brian? If so, wow. So not only we get jumped for the regional, we get punished and sent to the team that jumped us? Then we get the pleasure of possibly going to FLA? Could this happen? I'm curious.
    It could happen. But I think there are landing spots that are more likely.

There are four likely destinations, should the Cajuns not host. They are all bus trips (<= 400 miles) . listed in order of proximity .

1) Baton Rouge
    2) College Station
    3) Waco
    4) Oxford (not a lock to be a host)

I think LSU, Ole Miss, and Baylor . should they host . will be on the lower end of the national seed range. This means that any super regional pairing will be vs. a high seed.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    What do you make of that tourny run they had, seemed to favor their conf by not having the top seeds win if it gets them more bids, was it by design? That plan would hose us im sure.
    They were the 8 seed, had to knock off Florida and 2 other teams seeded better than they were and did just that to win the whole thing. That's impressive. The thing that gets me is Georgia, who finished last in the conference and did not even qualify for the SEC tourney, is probably safely in the NCAA tourney. Probably as a 2 or 3 seed.

The top 4 seeds in alphabetical order:

Arizona
    Florida
    Florida St
    Oregon

Could be:

1. Florida
    2. Arizona
    3. Oregon
    4. FSU

11. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

Could be:

1. Florida
    2. Arizona
    3. Oregon
    4. FSU
    This is exactly what I expect.

No way do I think Florida State is worthy of the #4 national seed.

Brian

I'm expecting the worst possible draw, but praying I'm wrong.

Alabama #16

Alabama #16
    La Tech there with them.

15. Default Re: 2017 NCAA Softball Tournament Selection Show-9 pm ESPN 2

We are not paired with #16, at least

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information