Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Assigning Russo Park seating

Default Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

Well I just got an answer to my e-mail to Matt. Not very good to say the least. The seats that was requested on row 17 section 108 was assigned to some players families I was told. There want be any K's in the future. You can read how he said the K's could be put up. Leave my seat, barge through the fans on row 17.yea, great plan. Here it is

With the seating changes in the new stadium we tried to do our best to place
    our season ticket holders in a comparable location to where they sat in the
    old stadium. "I do not think based on your new location that you and Justin
    will no longer be able to hang K's. As in many stadiums he may have to make
    a trip to the rail to hang it but I do not see this tradition going away". I
    cannot recall off the top of my head who was assigned to the seats you would
    prefer but we did try our best to keep everyone in a comparable location. I
    am fully aware that we are unable to accommodate everyone exactly where they
    wanted to be. It was never anyone's intent to take away from any part of the
    atmosphere. If anything, with these changes to the stadium, we have seen a
    brand new life at our games. You have every possibility of switching your
    seats with the owner if the seats you would like by having a conversation
    with them. The placing of fans in a comparable location is not an easy task
    but we have tried our best. During the reseating that will take place over
    the summer, you will have an opportunity to move if you like. If the person
    assigned to the seats you were looking for changes location, during your
    appointment time you could do the same.

M. Casbon

seems pretty diplomatic

Sorry to hear it, Frenchie.

I know a lot of people do not agree with me but I think an exception should have been made for the 13 of the 800+ seats in the grandstand. These guys have been sitting in those same seats for longer than some of us have been alive. I think they earned the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I know a lot of people do not agree with me but I think an exception should have been made for the 13 of the 800+ seats in the grandstand. These guys have been sitting in those same seats for longer than some of us have been alive. I think they earned the exception.
    No doubt. It's a damn shame Frenchie didn't get the top row. Nobody had assigned seats anyway. How hard is that?

6. UL Baseball Re: Assigning Russo Park seating

Those seats didn't exist last year. How'd someone scoop them up before Frenchie and other top row guys. 2016 season grandstand ticket holders still being delivered.

I get the feeling that the final chapter has not been written on this topic after this terrible slight to the "Dirty Dozen And A Half"!!

Maybe all of Frenchie's threats about pulling his support before he even received a call had something to do with how this ended up. So far out of 9 pages of people who have been reseated Frenchis is one of a total of 3-4 people not totally satisfied with their new seats. Just a thought.

I'm exactly where I thought I'd be, equilivant to my old seat at The Tigue. Sec 109 row 15.

im pretty sure he is too. they added additional rows at the top of the grandstand from what the old tigue was. so he is in his same seats as last year except for that their are additional rows above his.

what if they added 15 rows as opposed to just a couple?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    I'm exactly where I thought I'd be, equilivant to my old seat at The Tigue. Sec 109 row 15.
    hey row mate

[QUOTE=axg8750;999408]Maybe all of Frenchie's threats about pulling his support before he even received a call had something to do with how this ended up. So far out of 9 pages of people who have been reseated Frenchis is one of a total of 3

Look my friend let me see if I can set you straight. If I was anyone else I would have no complaint. It same that you are not in the know of the Dirty Dozen and a Half at the old Tigue. After 38 years sitting on the same row with the other 17 where you may have had another 50 fans in the stadium, and around 20+ years putting up the K's, we, the 18 mention, some who passed on and some still hanging on had thoughts of being together on row 17 section 108. This could have taken place. I requested months back by e-mail to coach Robe and Matt about this before reseating started. Of course no return mail by either. I tried my best to have this set up for the ones still alive and the new fans that took the place of the ones that passed away. If this rubs you in the wrong way so be it. Yes I have thoughts of not renewing, not because I don't love my Cajuns and baseball, but because of my age and health. I hope to be there for the 2018 season. I mention to some of my friend that climbing up to the top row might be hard for me another year from now and that I may have to sit down below. One said you have the K's to take care of. But it same that I want be taking care of it anyway now. Hope you get the reason for me trying to get the top row #17 for the original Dirty Dozen and 1/2.

Frenchie - no justification is needed. You guys deserve the top row in Section 108. I think you guys earned it.

The middle section was only 10 rows in the old grandstand. Now it's 17 much wider rows with some side areas that go even further up. Some sections have side areas at the bottom around the entrances and some have obstructed views with the railing. I don't know what methodology they used to transfer seats. Obviously they moved most up, but I don't know that it was just taking your previous and adding +5 or +6 rows and start from the left with the same seat numbers necessarily. They may have added a row here or there in between. I went up about 6 rows. It's hard to say exactly how it was done. I know that dealing with that many moves and transferring to a structure that is not identical, there are going to be some issues. That being said, the top row crew should have been accommodated.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Frenchie - no justification is needed. You guys deserve the top row in Section 108. I think you guys earned it.
    I'm sure this can be taken care of with a simple talk to Robe. I have no doubt Robe is aware of Frenchie and his contributions to the team. After the season, Frenchie should simply get in touch with Robe and explain his situation.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information