Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana 4 McNeese 1

Default Re: McNeese Game: (Go to hell McNeese)

Nice win tonight. Let's finish with an 8 game W streak, what do ya say?

2. Default Re: McNeese Game: (Go to hell McNeese)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    How do you pop up into a double play?
    .Some pretty good players in the LC area.Barbe, S HHS, st Louis, S Beauregard, kinder, etc.forgot to ask the McNes about our facilityany reports???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .Some pretty good players in the LC area.Barbe, S HHS, st Louis, S Beauregard, kinder, etc.forgot to ask the McNes about our facilityany reports???
    Yep and we get their best players.

Default Re: McNeese Game: (Go to hell McNeese)

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Very happy for Nick Lee tonightwell done young man.
    This

Default Re: Louisiana 4 McNeese 1

My biggest takeaway from last night was Lee. Some wildness but 7 solid innings. That will be big in a few weeks. As for the squeeze that is Robe. Especially with this team. He has brought us a lot of success with his style. I'll just grit my teeth when it does not work

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    My biggest takeaway from last night was Lee. Some wildness but 7 solid innings. That will be big in a few weeks. As for the squeeze that is Robe. Especially with this team. He has brought us a lot of success with his style. I'll just grit my teeth when it does not work
    I didn't understand that one. With 2; runners in scoring position, why are you only playing for 1 run. I fricking hate that. Swing away!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Nice win tonight. Let's finish with an 8 game W streak, what do ya say?
    Let's make it 26 and win the whole damn thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I didn't understand that one. With 2; runners in scoring position, why are you only playing for 1 run. I fricking hate that. Swing away!!
    Conrad was on second and running on the pitch. They weren't playing for one run. It was a double squeeze. Conrad would have rounded third and tried to score when the throw went to first. Hence, he had no chance to keep from being doubled off of second when the bunt was popped up.

That said, I didn't like the call at all. Especially with the infield in.

I think Robe was playing for 2 runs. It looked like the same play that we beat Alabama with a couple years ago; where our guy on second goes all the way in on the pitcher's throw to first. It's a beautiful thing when it works and kind of breaks the back of your opposition. But a pop up bunt is the worst thing you can do in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    Conrad was on second and running on the pitch. They weren't playing for one run. It was a double squeeze. Conrad would have rounded third and tried to score when the throw went to first. Hence, he had no chance to keep from being doubled off of second when the bunt was popped up.

Sensley was on 2nd, Conrad on 3rd. You are right it was a double squeeze because Sensley was more or less already on 3rd when the pop up was about to be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Sensley was on 2nd, Conrad on 3rd. You are right it was a double squeeze because Sensley was more or less already on 3rd when the pop up was about to be caught.
    Doh! You're right. Got my runners backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

(We must have "ESPN")

You guys sound like my wife. She hates the bunt. Why don't you swing away and just hit a home run. Simple. The situation was a 3 run lead. A properly executed squeeze bunt makes it a "2 possession game " to use a basketball term. As others have said it was a 2 run squeeze attempt but even if that failed you have a 4 run lead. Right call. Poor execution

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    You guys sound like my wife. She hates the bunt. Why don't you swing away and just hit a home run. Simple. The situation was a 3 run lead. A properly executed squeeze bunt makes it a "2 possession game " to use a basketball term. As others have said it was a 2 run squeeze attempt but even if that failed you have a 4 run lead. Right call. Poor execution
    Dumb. 2 run squeeze? You don't think they were coming home with the ball with the infield in?
    I never said hit a home run. How about trusting your batters to get a base hit with 2 chances?

Got a few visitors this morning. Delhomme, Stokley and Manning

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information