Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Wally Pontiff Classic vs LSU Preview | The Grind

1. Default Re: Wally Pontiff Classic vs LSU Preview | The Grind

Quote Originally Posted by CroCajun1003 View Post
    This will be a measuring stick for the progress of young Jack Burk. He's had some phenomenal outings lately. Hope he can carry that momentum into the Classic.

Link: https://youtu.be/2LM-fkoedf0
    .As an extra incentive for Jack is that Wally Pontiff was a Jesuit Blue Jay.Hope some NO Jays turn out to pull for him!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!

Default Re: Wally Pontiff Classic vs LSU Preview | The Grind

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I still think we can get an at large by winning the regular season title. I know we are in divisions now but if we get the best overall regular season record we can still claim a regular season title. We will need to finish strong and have Coastal slip a couple of times for that to happen.
    Probably not going to happen this year. It isn't done in a vacuum and the West Coast is well represented this year which doesn't always happen. I just see a lot of teams/leagues ahead of us. Even if we finish strong I'm no where close to convinced we get an at large.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .As an extra incentive for Jack is that Wally Pontiff was a Jesuit Blue Jay.Hope some NO Jays turn out to pull for him!!! Geaux Cajuns!!!
    You have got to be kidding me

4. Default Re: Wally Pontiff Classic vs LSU Preview | The Grind

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    You have got to be kidding me
    .Why would I???

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Poo yi.

Win the conference tournament

The Jesuit Blue Jays don't kid . anybody.

Is the game going to be broadcast visually?

ON Cox sports

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    That is why I'm saying the mid-week games become important from here on out (they already were - but since we screwed the pooch on those already - we have ground to make up). EVEN if we win the regular season title and have an RPI around 70, if the Cajuns lose in the conference tournament - even the championship game - they are sitting at home in June. It has happened before. SBC RPI is relatively low this year. In fact, in d1baseball.com chat today, someone asked if the SBC could get UL, Coastal, and South Alabama in to the tournament. Their response was that the SBC is looking more like a one - bid league this year than a 3 bid league. I agree.

UL, Coastal, and South Al have work to do in the midweek (and in conference) or we will all be fighting for one bid - just like the year UL beat USA on Trosclair's grand slam and was sent to Houston. South Alabama WON the league outright that year (2015) and finished with an RPI of 78. They stayed home and watched the Cajuns go to Houston.

For winning the conference championship to guarantee at-large bid, the RPI has to be respectable - 40's or even better 30's.

Tomorrow's game is important! Cajuns need to start amassing WINS. midweek and weekends. Record vs. RPI Top 25 and 50 is also important factor and you know LSU will be there at the end.
    Just like in basketball, this thread indicates the problem with the RPI being such a big factor in decisions. It is a tool that is heavily dependent on schedule. That is often beyond the control of the schools as schedules are made years in advance. That is why basketball will use other tools moving forward. Wonder if a similar change is planned for baseball.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    ON Cox sports
    Which also makes it available on espn3, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Which also makes it available on espn3, correct?
    That's where it gets tricky as they (the ones that control the tv broadcasts) black out espn3 access in Cox subscriber areas; it will be available after the game. I did check the espn3 schedule and do not see the game listed.

But, as ususal, I am not certain of this. But I am certain I am a big fan of espn3!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    That's where it gets tricky as they (the ones that control the tv broadcasts) black out espn3 access in Cox subscriber areas; it will be available after the game. I did check the espn3 schedule and do not see the game listed.

But, as ususal, I am not certain of this. But I am certain I am a big fan of espn3!
    There is a way to change your DNS settings and get around that little obstacle.

I say, just win and let things fall into place. But, you have to win.

Hmm not showing up on my espn3 either, I don't get itwhy was I able to watch the SOutheastern debaclewasn't that on CDT as well?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information