Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24

Thread: G3: LOUISIANA vs COASTAL

1. Default Re: G3: LOUISIANA vs COASTAL

I guess Burk gets the mound against LSU.The venue is just down the road from Jesuit's stadium and I am sure he will be pumpedit would be great if he could get a win or just throw greatsure he will never forget this experience!!!

Default Re: G3: LOUISIANA vs COASTAL

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Oh no! That stinks! They coulda finished that game! LOL!

So, stay in NOLA overnight for the Tuesday meeting with LSU at the Shrine on Airline?

If they are coming back to Lafayette, that is a tough turnaround.
    According to Brad in a later post they are leaving this morning at 9:00.

The team spent the night in SC and will leave for New Orleans shortly. They will spend tonight in New Orleans tonight and play the game tomorrow night before heading home.

The plane they were on had some issues and they had them scheduled on a later flight to Chicago, from Chicago some of the guys would have been on standby. So instead of some the team being stranded in Chicago. Instead of splitting up the team the decision was to bus to New Orleans.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I guess Burk gets the mound against LSU.The venue is just down the road from Jesuit's stadium and I am sure he will be pumpedit would be great if he could get a win or just throw greatsure he will never forget this experience!!!
    Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit, rabble rabble. Jesuit jesuit Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit. something something something, Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit. I went to Jesuit, Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit anything from Jesuit is better than something not from Jesuit. jesuit jesuit jeusit I even wrote a song about it. title? Jesuit

Stranded: Cajuns Still Trying to Get Home
    http://espn1420.com/stranded-cajuns-.g-to-get-home/

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    The team spent the night in SC and will leave for New Orleans shortly. They will spend tonight in New Orleans tonight and play the game tomorrow night before heading home.

The plane they were on had some issues and they had them scheduled on a later flight to Chicago, from Chicago some of the guys would have been on standby. So instead of some the team being stranded in Chicago. Instead of splitting up the team the decision was to bus to New Orleans.
    Delta cancelled over 3,000 flights nation wide because of personal shortages after the recent storms left them grounded in other cities. I was delayed in Atlanta yesterday for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    We got hosed and the umpire changed his call from fair or out (can see him sticking his right arm into the field of play after Pinny makes the throw) changed it to apparent foul ball after getting the runner at the plate.

First screenshot shows Pinny's body BARELY in foul territory. with glove/ball fair, IMHO. UMPS screwed the pooch on this one.

See umpire signal with arm pointing to field of play - far right side of 2nd screenshot.

Check these out.
    Penny's body is defiantly in foul territory. With that angle, no one can definitively say if the ball is fair or foul. I can definitively say the 1st base umpire had zero angle to make that call. He was 100% blocked by Penny's body. That is the home plate umps call.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit, rabble rabble. Jesuit jesuit Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit. something something something, Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit. I went to Jesuit, Jesuit Jesuit Jesuit anything from Jesuit is better than something not from Jesuit. jesuit jesuit jeusit I even wrote a song about it. title? Jesuit
    A.M.D.G. baby!!!

And I always thought the name of the song was Bluejays.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Penny's body is defiantly in foul territory. With that angle, no one can definitively say if the ball is fair or foul. I can definitively say the 1st base umpire had zero angle to make that call. He was 100% blocked by Penny's body. That is the home plate umps call.
    No doubt. It is what it is. Gotta move on, but as fans we can debate until the next game.

I think his body is foul. but he is definitely fielding the ball inside of his body and his right foot is on the base. so I think his glove / ball are on the line. and look at where the shadows are cast. Sun nearly overhead. Agree. 1st base ump had no view of the play b/c Pinny's body is blocking the ball. so it was a guess on his part. but 2nd pic shows up right arm extending into field of view seeming to indicate his initial call was fair.

I can understand home plate ump not having a great view of it either with the bases loaded and him concerned about the play at the plate. But he had the best view of fair/foul - unless the baserunner was blocking his view - in which case nobody saw it.

Any word on how many games, if any, Pinero has to miss for the ejection which occured after the basehit to tie the game on the next pitch?

Any word on Marks hand/wrist?

Oh well. To be continued @ GA Southern in SBC tourney at the end of May. Hopefully both of these teams can work themselves into at-large consideration.

I support this post!

Many laughing emojis.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24

Thread Information