Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: G3: LOUISIANA vs COASTAL

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I guess one of the frustrating things is that you were essentially 5 outs away from a sweep that would have maybe put us back in the rankings, kept us a top the conference standings and most of all, you feel really good about this team "hitting their stride."

Now, we're no closer to figuring this team out. 4-0 and riding high, now 2-1-1 and still waiting for that run of wins.They're good, then they're not so good. Pitching is dominant and then pitchers can't close out games. We can't hit a beach ball, then we mash, then we struggle again.

That's baseball, I guess.
    4 outs away from a sweep.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    You could say the same thing about App St when they came to Lafayette.

Default Re: G3: LOUISIANA vs COASTAL

Well, to end the series kissing your sister is better than losing it. Just the optimist in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Right. Now I feel worse. Haha.

Well we left the bases loaded in the 8th and couldn't get a hit. We loaded the bases with only one hit. They walked 1 of our runs in and threw a wild pitch on an intentional walk to get another run in. We didn't earn a whole lot. We had a two run lead with two outs to go. We were given a lot today and didn't make them pay.

Taking the positive from this, we went toe-to-toe with the defending national champion on the road when they are hitting their stride - although we all wanted a series win - got a tie.

I think we are also starting to hit our stride. Bats heating up! Adding Colton Schmidt to our arsenal will be huge!

While we were four outs from sweeping the series, we were also two swings of the bat away from getting swept or one swing from losing the series.

I'm guessing Marks will be OK. Anyone know?

Does Pinny have to miss any games for ejection?

We will feel a lot better after a 4-0 week this week.

Grind!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    A sister kisser.

In Ruston, that's known as a "happy ending".

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    In Ruston, that's known as a "happy ending".
    Thanks, I needed a laugh.

Pinero - must have missed it

We got hosed and the umpire changed his call from fair or out (can see him sticking his right arm into the field of play after Pinny makes the throw) changed it to apparent foul ball after getting the runner at the plate.

First screenshot shows Pinny's body BARELY in foul territory. with glove/ball fair, IMHO. UMPS screwed the pooch on this one.

See umpire signal with arm pointing to field of play - far right side of 2nd screenshot.

Check these out.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    A road sweep would have turned this season around for sure. 4 outs away from it too. Hope the team can bounce back.
    Bounce back? I was worried about that going into today's game, but not now. Those guys had every reason to fold today down by 5 early but kept grinding. Yeah, I wanted the series, but after just about everything that could go wrong did, we still denied the defending national champs a series win in their own house.

We kick ___ in conference from here.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Bounce back? I was worried about that going into today's game, but not now. Those guys had every reason to fold today down by 5 early but kept grinding. Yeah, I wanted the series, but after just about everything that could go wrong did, we still denied the defending national champs a series win in their own house.

We kick ___ in conference from here.
    We lost to a team that made 5 errors on Saturday. Everything did not go wrong.

Friday's contest was very well-played and made me proud to be a fan of a Sun Belt member. I don't know what to say that rationalizes anything that occurred after Friday.

According to Brad Kemp on Facebook they are stuck in the Charleston airport because of plane problems. They will bus to New Orleans tomorrow (Monday) morning.

Oh no! That stinks! They coulda finished that game! LOL!

So, stay in NOLA overnight for the Tuesday meeting with LSU at the Shrine on Airline?

If they are coming back to Lafayette, that is a tough turnaround.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information