Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: G3: LOUISIANA vs COASTAL

Default Re: G3: LOUISIANA vs COASTAL

Robe said the first base ump told him he felt his body was in fair territory but the ball was in foul ground home plate ump didn't say anything

I'm not a baseball expert but if it hadn't gotten to first yet and didn't hit the ground foul, how is it the first base umpire's call to begin with?

We had the lead going into the 9th all three nights. That's concerning at this point. I didn't see the game but it sounds like not only did the umpire make a bad call, but it would of ended the game with penny stepping on the bag. And how the hell can the crew chief allow a call be made, and if not even he his call. Home plate ump has the call till the ball crosses the bag

Quote Originally Posted by whataburger View Post
    I'm not a baseball expert but if it hadn't gotten to first yet and didn't hit the ground foul, how is it the first base umpire's call to begin with?
    The umpire makes a judgement call if the ball is fair or foul in the air where it is caught.

It was the home plate empire's call to make not the first base one. After pinny threw the ball home the home plate signaled out which should mean he thought it was a fair ball. A first base ump should not be able to overrule a home plate ump especially when the first base ump view is blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    The umpire makes a judgement call if the ball is fair or foul in the air where it is caught.
    The problem is.it wasn't his call

Well.we still haven't lost a weekend series in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Yes it's a judgement call. But the right ump needs to make the call. How can the umpire behind the fielder make a call on where the ball is.

A great battle between both teams. I love that we responded today even after getting punched in the mouth hard early

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    The problem is.it wasn't his call
    Maybe the catcher or runner blocked his view and he gave the call to 1B. I don't know. We are just not getting any breaks.

I guess one of the frustrating things is that you were essentially 5 outs away from a sweep that would have maybe put us back in the rankings, kept us a top the conference standings and most of all, you feel really good about this team "hitting their stride."

Now, we're no closer to figuring this team out. 4-0 and riding high, now 2-1-1 and still waiting for that run of wins.They're good, then they're not so good. Pitching is dominant and then pitchers can't close out games. We can't hit a beach ball, then we mash, then we struggle again.

That's baseball, I guess.

So much for this series turning the season around.

This team is like a box of chocolates

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I guess one of the frustrating things is that you were essentially 5 outs away from a sweep that would have maybe put us back in the rankings, kept us a top the conference standings and most of all, you feel really good about this team "hitting their stride."

Now, we're no closer to figuring this team out. 4-0 and riding high, now 2-1-1 and still waiting for that run of wins.They're good, then they're not so good. Pitching is dominant and then pitchers can't close out games. We can't hit a beach ball, then we mash, then we struggle again.

That's baseball, I guess.
    The frustrating part is, we were given many gifts Saturday, had a 3 run lead into the 9th and the strength of our team with the game in its hands. Failed.

Offense battles to claw back and take a 2 run lead into late innings today, with the strength of our team yet again, with the fate of the game in its hands. Failed.

Overall, I was very disappointed in our coaching decisions this weekend. I feel like the team has been over managed, micro-managed and psychologically beat to a pulp by boneheaded decisions coming from the dugout.

I give CCU credit for having the guts to make us pay for our errors, but overall, I was not overly impressed with them as a team.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information