Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: G2: Louisiana v. Coastal Carolina (Saturday)

Default Re: G2: Louisiana v. Coastal Carolina (Saturday)

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I think the strikeout that would have been the 2nd out in the 9th was the ultimate difference that changed the game and handed real momentum to the home team.
    Agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    John "Jay" Moon "Walker"?
    Nohis last name begins with Robe. I can't say I blame him. Yeah, he's not been 1st team All American this year, but I haven't identified another on the team.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mxt3999 View Post
    lulz. Oh no! You don't trust someone's post? What does that even mean?
    You do realize that this is a message board for fans? Good grief.

We just had a biblical collapse in the bottom of the 9th and blew a sure series win against the defending national champs. Fans are going to come on here and gripe
    Your reading comprehension needs improvement. What triggered you? Did someone criticize Hud?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Anyone know Coastal's record on Sundays?
    0-1 on April 9, 2017

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Brian, who has the advantage on the bump tomorrow? I would think that Hogan needs to keep his pitch count down so he can get through the 6th or 7th and hand it to Marks then Demo. Your thoughts?
    I think that the Cajuns have the pitching advantage . especially with Harris throwing well against what will probably be five left handed bats. You do not see a lot of power left-handed arms with good breaking balls . especially now that Seth Romero has been indefinitely suspended. That said, CCU definitely has the momentum.

Zack Hopeck, while a decent arm like Bilous, is not a Cunningham. I expect to see Kitchen and Holmes again tomorrow.

One thing that does concern me .
    Marks and Moore have been used in both games. They obviously will not be fresh. I do not think Moore is available. Huval may not be available . Guillory will. If Moore and Huval do pitch, Robe will be bypassing the 1 hour per pitch rest rule. Moore has also had many stress pitches this weekend.

Brian

Thanks. I was looking at pitch counts. DMO over 30, so I think done. Marks only threw 13, so may be the closer tomorrow.

We are gonna need Harris and Guillory to be SOLID tomorrow. Beyond that, our pen gets REAL sketchy and we need Burk on Tues

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    I've payed plenty of attention. I've seen DMo give up 5 total runs in 15 appearances this season. I've seen him collect 7 saves and allow opponents to hit about .130 against him. I've seen him strikeout 33 batters in just over 20 innings. I've seen him pitch to a 2.18 ERA and allow just a single HR prior to today.

The kid has been an absolute STUD his entire career here. He had a bad outing today. If I'm a fool for wanting that kid on the mound in the 9th when we have a lead, so be it.

But I would guess that you are exactly the guy I was referring to in a prior post that's absolutely clueless and is making a fool of himself without knowing it.
    Well, I AM the Lokalyokel, aren't I?

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    3 run lead. Save Wyatt to come behind Harris tomorrow. DMO was the right call
    But you have the series won today. Marks was on cruise control. Why save him for tomorrow when you can win the series today?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    But you have the series won today. Marks was on cruise control. Why save him for tomorrow when you can win the series today?
    Precisely

11. UL Baseball Re: G2: Louisiana v. Coastal Carolina (Saturday)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Because you are trying to win both games and sweep (keeping Marks and Moore available for Sunday, if Moore can close it out with a reasonable 9th inning pitch count). Not that it is the choice I would have made (for several reasons) . but I understand it. It is a calculated risk with the good guys up by three entering the B9th.

Look, I wanted to see Marks pitch the 9th inning today. Heck, I wanted Marks to relieve Lee in the 5th and take it as far as he could . finish the game if he could . and notch the second win of the series. Then have Moore, Huval, Guillory, etc. for tomorrow. But I certainly understand the decision and in no way should anyone be surprised. This is how bullpens are typically used. I also admit that I am a bit of a contrarian in that regard (my take on how bullpens are optimally used . especially in college . is a little different than the norm). Not dissimilar to how I think teams should assemble their schedules. :-)

Taking it a step further . last night I was hoping Marks would close and finish the 9th . leaving Moore for Saturday . allowing Marks to come back Sunday. My philosophy is that your relievers are fresher with that kind of strategy . they are not warming in the pen each day . and get a day of rest in between. But we certainly understand why Robe brought Moore on in the 9th last night . and it worked. I do believe that pitches thrown the day before can certainly have an effect on command, control, and the general filthiness of the "stuff". Hence my philosophy on rest. Of course, all pitchers are different and the practice of such a philosophy should/can be adjusted (somewhat) accordingly.

Brian

12. Default Re: G2: Louisiana v. Coastal Carolina (Saturday)

I waited to read and post because, well frankly, I can't remember a more dissapointing loss. But to come here and see people crushing DMo and questioning the move is pretty ridiculous, even for us. IMO, Wyatt Marks has been our best arm (outside of Gunner) this year. If he gets to finish the game, I'm cool with it. Bring in DMo? I'm cool with it, and anyone that can honestly, seriously say that's a "bad" move, I question your knowledge of the game. Regardless of how dialed in Dylan is, he's always, mentally, a great option. He's the kind of player I'll always hand the ball to in a difficult situation.

I hope these guys can pick themselves off the deck for tomorrow But it will be a monumental task. That was about as brutal a loss as you can have. I'm pretty upset, and I feel for the team. Just brutal.

I have no issues at all with bringing Dmo in for the 9th. What I take issue with, and have since last season, is the bone headed offensive in game coaching. This team has shown that they are extremely inconsistent at scoring runs and cannot afford to give up outs. When they have a chance to score in bunches, it's almost as if the coaching staff feels guilty and decides they've scored enough, and they take the bat out of a hot hitters hand to play that small ball garbage when it doesn't need to be played, or they steal when they should hit and run, or they pull some other nonsense. A three run lead in the 9th should have been good enough to win, but it wasn't. Hell, with this team, a 10 run lead in the 9th may not be good enough on occasion, but I'd rather see us with as much of a lead as possible going to the 9th. I understand that small ball is necessary at times, but damn, know when to use it and when to keep it in the bag. Baseball is as much a game of rhythm and momentum as anything Slade, and when you take a guy who is on a tear and make him bunt when you have the opportunity to do some damage, you not only take him out of his rhythm, but you take the momentum and rhythm away from the whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I waited to read and post because, well frankly, I can't remember a more dissapointing loss. But to come here and see people crushing DMo and questioning the move is pretty ridiculous, even for us. IMO, Wyatt Marks has been our best arm (outside of Gunner) this year. If he gets to finish the game, I'm cool with it. Bring in DMo? I'm cool with it, and anyone that can honestly, seriously say that's a "bad" move, I question your knowledge of the game. Regardless of how dialed in Dylan is, he's always, mentally, a great option. He's the kind of player I'll always hand the ball to in a difficult situation.

I hope these guys can pick themselves off the deck for tomorrow But it will be a monumental task. That was about as brutal a loss as you can have. I'm pretty upset, and I feel for the team. Just brutal.
    Agree 100%.

And I also believe that this team will respond tomorrow as they have all year when faced with adversity, and take the series. While this coulda been a sweep, I think most of us would have taken 2/3 in a heartbeat going into the weekend. This can and will still be a great series victory!

Grind!!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information